• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Looking for Thermal Help

Glen1978

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2012
Buena Vista, CO
Figured Id post up here and see if I could get some help on choosing a thermal. Will be used for East TX pigs and coyotes on top of a suppressed 6.5 Grendel SBR. So....shorter shots, trees, fence lines, other animals around possibly. Id say most inside 50 yds. I know Pulsar has dropped some models this year as well. Honestly I dont care for the size/look of the Thermions on a SBR rifle. Id think Id need as much FOV / low base magnification as I can get. Rifle will have to be used as scanner for a bit till I can scrape up enough for one. Whats the hide say?

I have a similar setup in the works now, 556 SBR, primarily the backup gun to a AR10 with Mk3 60. I went with a hogster 35, thinking it is small and light, and if I decide to bump up to a bigger/better, can use this as a dedicated scanner one day.

Night Goggles has the hogsters and they are good people to work with, also have a hide discount.

I agree, Hogster 25 or 35. I have the 35 and it's been great. Small, lightweight, really great image for the money.

The Hogster 35 is a great all-around fit. However, if you really are shooting inside of 50 yards most of the time, you may want to consider the 25. When you contact Night Goggles, talk to Tom at ext 531 and he can make sure you get the model that will fit your needs the best.