• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking into getting a Fisher/Smith suppressor..

cms81586

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2005
AZ
They seem to have very limited availability but we have some Smith cans at out unit for our DMR's M-14's and they work very well. I like how they can be maintained as well since you can take he baffles/spacers out as well. I've been looking for a suppressor I can use on almost all of my rifles and it seems that if I pick up a vortex for my HK91, my AR, and a few others, that I'll be able to run it on all of them.

The only question I have....is it possible dimension wise to pick up a Vortex and have it milled and rethreaded so I can use is on my TRG with M18x1 threads? If so then I'll be set. I've been looking for someone that makes a M18x1 QD adapter and haven't found it yet. This may be my ticket even if I have to have someone do some custom work on one flash hider. Possible?

CMS

Re: Looking into getting a Fisher/Smith suppressor..

you should have several telephone numbers in your Rolodex...

your doctor
your lawyer
your gunsmith

Why's that... (by that I mean on the civilian side...Fisher cans...the ones smith sells as their own are .gov only I believe)

I'm talking about buying a Fisher can...not using one from the arms room if that's what you're implying...
wink.gif

If I had to pick a top 5 list of most disappointing suppressors that one would be on it.

If I was going to pick the most disappointing suppressor I have ever shot on a m14 that would be at the very top.

I cannot give you a stronger suggestion to go with something else. Anything else actually....