• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking to buy Athlon Midas Tac . Is the APRS 3 worth the extra bucks over the 2???

charliebrown1999

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2018
The elevation turret on my cheap Nikon Bushmaster scope is not repeatable. My AR15 has a 18" barrel but will shoot 1.25 inch groups at 100yds with cheap Wolf Gold 55gr ammo. I have 6500 rds of it that I purchased 4 years ago at 30 cents a round. So that AR15 will shoot steel targets to 600yds on the cheap but that scope sucks. So I am contemplating buying a monster 26oz scope that will allow me to see the impact of those tiny bullets at 600 yds without the aid of a spotter - shit do those guys even exist? I know that big scope will make my AR15 look like a rhino riding a tricycle. If i go forward with the buy is it worth the extra money to get the christmas tree reticle (APRS3) over the APRS2???????????

x-mas hide some of your impacts + majority of the time will be using main reticle holding edge of plate

Last edited: