• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking to check out your stocks in St. Louis area

J-Ham

Aquamarine Team
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Whitefish, MT
    Gentlemen,

I have a fair amount of time behind behind the variants of McMillan stocks, but I was thinking about going a different route with my next build. I was wondering if anyone in or around St. Louis has a KMW Sentinel stock or a T-5 that they would be willing to let me take a look at for a couple of minutes... I wouldn't have to shoot the rifle, just get behind the stock & see how I like it. I actually live in Macomb, IL but spend quite a bit of time in STL & am willing to travel a bit to be sure before dropping a grand on a stock.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Re: Looking to check out your stocks in St. Louis area

No surprise on no response...no where to shoot eqauls very few shooters...I don't have what you are looking for...sorry

we have a 600 yard private range in wright city called benchrest rifle clube which i am a member of but other than that there isnt anywhere around to shoot over 100 yards. i have a manners t4a but your looking for a t5, all i can say is just go ahead and buy the manners stock , if your not happy with it then you wont be happy with anything as they are that good.

I've got nothing, don't know anybody either. The benchrest rifle club is nice but too far to drive, and it seems they've run out of money at the world shooting complex in sparta to finish the rifle range..... Only real choice to shoot long range is to go down in the river bottoms.....

I;ve seen the T5A AND IT IS SWEAT.So that is what i am putting on my build.The T5 is got to be just as good

I'm in the St. Louis area and have a couple of rifles stocked with the McRee Chassis systems. VERY happy with the stocks and Scott is A+ to deal with. He's about 2hrs south of St. Louis in Lesterville MO. PM me if you want to drop by and take a look at them. The rifle pictured is my 12.7 x 48 suppressed with his chassis system installed.
    Steve

510Whisper.jpg

Agreed with the McRee I love mine. I held a t5a a month or so when i meet some of the nice people at manners. It felt better to me than any other stock I ever held. Either way you go you wont be disappointed.

If to don't mind the drive I'd be happy to show you anything we have in the vault.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: klin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If to don't mind the drive I'd be happy to show you anything we have in the vault. </div></div>

The journey to GA Precision is no mere drive. Its a pilgrimage that everyone should make.
    grin.gif

I'm in KC and have a T-5A, T-4A, and a MCS-T if that'll help. That being said, if you make it this far, just go to GAP as they'll have the Sentinal.

Thanks for the replies boys. I think what I'll do is when it gets warmer (if that ever happens), I'll just have to fire up the bike & ride out to KC & go straight to the source... thanks for the help guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: klin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If to don't mind the drive I'd be happy to show you anything we have in the vault. </div></div>

ahhh yes the vault , im still working on my gap vault ghillie suit so i can blend in enough to get locked in there over night and molest its contents until my hearts content.

Step one. Layout black clothes.
    Step two. Research gap rifles color schemes.
    Step three. Cutout gap rifle stencils.
    Step four. Lay stencils on clothes.
    Step five. Grab a can of krylon and paint stencils od green or other popular colors.