• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking to relocate from Vegas to ??

Ryguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2013
Las Vegas
The summers in Las Vegas have become unbearable and I am looking for a permanent relocation to a mountain home, not in California but anywhere else. City/town size doesn't really matter. I have looked into Manitou Springs, CO and around Salt Lake City. Where else do you guys have in mind such as the west side of CO, ID, WY, MT, etc?

Salt Lake has a couple of gun manufacturers, but unless you are mormon I would not recommend it. CO has too many CAs, so the gun laws are going liberal (Magpul just pulled their operations out of there). If you go North from there (Montana and Wyoming) it is very gun friendly, wild open spaces, but you better like snow. The southern states (AZ, NM, TX, LA) are all gun friendly, with lots of open spaces for camping, hunting, and shooting.

There are parts of Indiana that aren't too bad if you are concerned about a state not having any liberal bones in its body. Hell, we just tried to ban gay marriage in our Constitution! The downside is that it's pretty flat and we will be the last state to legalize weed. Cost of living is rather low compared to most places.