• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looks officially out, the Vortex Impact 4000 WMLRF

hey where are you guys mounting the remote?

somewhere near the action you can operate with trigger finger?
on the forearm or by rear bag where you can operate with support hand?

also, i had to mount mine on the side because my raptar rail wasn't tall enough to clear the clipIR ELR. interestingly, changing the orientation doesn't just change the rear screen, but also the buttons: when mounted on the right of the gun, the "right" button becomes the "bottom" button etc. HOWEVER, the remote does not appear to change which is kinda odd mentally. EDIT: nm, i'm a retard and didn't read the manual on how to change remote button orientation.

Last edited:
This area works perfectly
1000045306.jpg

hey where are you guys mounting the remote?

somewhere near the action you can operate with trigger finger?
on the forearm or by rear bag where you can operate with support hand?

also, i had to mount mine on the side because my raptar rail wasn't tall enough to clear the clipIR ELR. interestingly, changing the orientation doesn't just change the rear screen, but also the buttons: when mounted on the right of the gun, the "right" button becomes the "bottom" button etc. HOWEVER, the remote does not appear to change which is kinda odd mentally.

Took a random laze at some trees in the mountains. Got 1868 yards and a solution of 25.07 mils up. Used my kestrel to get a DA of 3300’ asl and put that into my old calc Shooter ballistics and it told me 25.0 mils. Everything so far has been inside a tenth.
IMG_3417.jpeg

Another question… when you’re looking at the search feature in GeoBallistics bullet library you have to pick the cartridge instead of caliber. What difference does it make if it’s 6.5 creed or 6.5x47L or 260ai? Why scroll through 1000 cartridges when you just need to tell it .264 / 6.5 cal diameter?

Another question… when you’re looking at the search feature in GeoBallistics bullet library you have to pick the cartridge instead of caliber. What difference does it make if it’s 6.5 creed or 6.5x47L or 260ai? Why scroll through 1000 cartridges when you just need to tell it .264 / 6.5 cal diameter?
Hello,
That feature is for the person using factory ammo. That way all the factory published data auto populates in the app. The icon next to that is for handloaders and/or more advanced users.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards
Scott

Reactions: taliv
In case anyone is wondering why vortex ships TWO sets of reflective tape and zero targets with their wmlrf, it’s prob because of retards like me who go to fine tune their lrf zero at long range after zeroing at 100 and realize they left their paint can on the target, then feel morally obligated to shoot it. Fortunately I fine tuned both the impact 4000 and the radius before the shot and they both gave 414 yards. Neither was able to get a reading from the 6” black circle 5 yards in front of the IPSC though (but I can with plrf10c).

IMG_3441.jpeg

close inspection shows that the bullet did not touch the perforation lol. I have no explanation for why the can flew back towards me and coated the front of the target. Never had that happen before. I was thinking worst case I’d hit the head and throw some spalling through the reflective tape. Oh well.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
finally got some time to go and try the laser out to distance.

It did a fantastic job when there was a Berm to behind the target.

I was unable to get it to accurately range from 4-800 yard targets with no berm behind them (it was reading 1020 for the big back berm at the far end of my range). Targets were ~2 MOA steel targets.

I have mine mounted to a SPUHR RAPTAR diving mount, everything torqued and zero’d per the spec sheet. I measured the distance from center of the optic to the center of the Impact 4000 at 3 inches and matched the laser up to 3” above center of the reticle at 100 yards (works out roughly to .9 mils).

Has anyone had any issues with ranging targets like these out to distance? Trying to see if I got a dud, if I’m doing something wrong, or if I’m missing something. Any and all help would be great (I’ve also got an email into Vortec as well). Was hoping to use this at mammoth next month…

I was unable to get it to accurately range from 4-800 yard targets with no berm behind them (it was reading 1020 for the big back berm at the far end of my range). Targets were ~2 MOA steel targets.

I have mine mounted to a SPUHR RAPTAR diving mount, everything torqued and zero’d per the spec sheet. I measured the distance from center of the optic to the center of the Impact 4000 at 3 inches and matched the laser up to 3” above center of the reticle at 100 yards (works out roughly to .9 mils).

Has anyone had any issues with ranging targets like these out to distance? Trying to see if I got a dud, if I’m doing something wrong, or if I’m missing something. Any and all help would be great (I’ve also got an email into Vortec as well). Was hoping to use this at mammoth next month…
Got any buddies with NV clipons so you could confirm the beam at distance? Or a place you could try the vis collimating laser process at a few hundred yards at dusk? I’m always a little skeptical of the offset targets without confirming at extended range

Reactions: rlsmith1
Got any buddies with NV clipons so you could confirm the beam at distance? Or a place you could try the vis collimating laser process at a few hundred yards at dusk? I’m always a little skeptical of the offset targets without confirming at extended range
Unfortunately I don’t, the visible laser is fairly bright, might try re zeroing it at like 3-400 in low light conditions and see if that helps.

Reactions: rlsmith1

So quick update for anyone in the future who sees this post. Went back out to the range to correct for my mistake of holding over the same amount at 1000 yards as I was at 100.

I moved my zero target out to 600 and confirmed the visible laser was basically zerod with the crosshairs. However it still wouldn’t range the target at 600 (12inch steel gong without a berm behind it). It kept ranging out to 1020 which is the large barn behind everything at my range.

Called vortex and they were super helpful and walked me through a ton of troubleshooting to figure out the solution. They confirmed that 2MOA steel targets should be easily ranged with the impact. Initially they suspected the SPUHR mount was the issue but after confirming the zero at 600 they agreed something was off.

They are sending me an expedited shipping label to send it back in. I think there is a divergence between the IR beam and the visible as well as a larger than normal beam divergence on the IR side. They had me range a power pole about 400 yards away to see when it would give readings. I was getting readings at about 3-4 mils on either side of the top of the pole.

As always vortex was great to deal with and super helpful

Last edited:
We have 40 in stock right now!!! o_O

Reactions: Bluedog82