• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loooking for SKS Stock

wjwalker76

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2012
Virginia
I have Norinco SKS with a spike bayonet Attached. Im looking for some ideas on a composite stock. I want to put a scope on it. Ive looked around online but im unsure what to get. Does anybody have good advice. Pictures are cool too if yo have them. I have a budget of $200.00.

Re: Loooking for SKS Stock

Don't use one of those scope cover mounts.. They suck.

I used to have an aftermarket stock on an SKS and honestly after awhile I realized it wasn't worth it.

I agree fancy stocks are well and good. However I wouldn't fool with one on my sks. The ones I have seen are more trouble than they are worth. If you are wanting a scope mount:

http://scoutscopes.com/

They have some pretty cool alternitives for our sks. Haven't tried it yet but appears to be a good design.

Tapco makes some nice stocks for the sks. They also make very good detachable mags for it. As for scope mounts all of the ones I looked at are shit due to how they mount on the bolt cover. Ive heard of some mounts that install on the rear sight.

I think I saw a place called Ironwood Designs that makes real fancy wood stocks for an sks.

I agree scout scopes is your best bet for SKS optics

I have to admit...while I have several pristine unaltered SKSs from various origins I do have one YUGO SKS that I got as a U-fix-em rifle from Century years ago for something like $50. Anyhow I have used this rifle to test many different SKS products...(most of them suck)...but after a good trigger job and the scope mount I got from DC Engineering it is definitely a shooter, and it frequents me often when I go to the range or hunting for deer in heavily wooded areas where max shots would be about 100m. The mount is similar to if not the same as the one in number 2 in this page of theirs: DC Engineering I know it's a top cover design, but it has these flanges that hang down on either side of the receiver and really seem to lock it in place. Fairly repeatable and fun to shoot with a scope on it. Just saying....

I'll start looking at the sites you all reccomended. I dont shoot the SKS much and the added stock would be for looks more than performance.

The ATI Strikeforce stock is by far the best polymer SKS stock on the market right now. It's surprisingly well made, locks up solidly, and has a solid no-rattle folding mechanism better than that of many popular rifles I could name. The buttstock extension tube is commercial spec, so you can always add Magpul/VLTOR/etc buttstocks onto it as well.