• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

weber61

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2012
Utah
I watched this show this weekend. I have to say it was not bad. It was strange seeing Joseph Gordon-Levitt with Bruce Willis' facial features. I will not give away the ending, but overal good to watch. I do think I could have waited until Bluray is released though.

what are you thoughts?

Re: LOOPER

Trailer was completely misleading and i really don't know what to think

Yea, I was expecting something else from the trailer. Nonetheless, a good movie--really makes you think. I enjoyed it. 4/5 stars.

haven't seen it yet but time travel movies bug the piss out of me, I'll wait for netflix.

I mean the cast is set, good acting, great cinematography, and good soundtrack. Problem is... trailer was just too misleading for me.

Worth seeing. Kind of a mind fuck at some parts but it all ties itself together.

Just saw it a couple days ago. I think its worth seeing, but I'm a sucker for Emily Blunt, and it had a twist I wasn't expecting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tpb10505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw it a couple days ago. I think its worth seeing, but I'm a sucker for Emily Blunt, and it had a twist I wasn't expecting.</div></div>

Emily Blunt is gorgeous color me a sucker as well.

It bugged me that they modified what's-his-face's face because it was almost him but not! Good flick though, as has been said, at least worth the redbox.

Kind of a bummer about Bruce's wife...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw this and enjoyed it... it wasn't great but good, decent acting, an actual story, it was worth the price. </div></div>

Same way i feel, i just was expecting something different. Overall i like the movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It bugged me that they modified what's-his-face's face because it was almost him but not! Good flick though, as has been said, at least worth the redbox. </div></div>

Joseph Gordon Levitt?

I agree on the face makeover, knowing who the actor was, and it looking artificial was annoying. At first I thought it was only going to be a temporary thing as part of the time travel. Going through the whole movie with his make up made it seem off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw this and enjoyed it... it wasn't great but good, decent acting, an actual story, it was worth the price. </div></div>

Same way i feel, i just was expecting something different. Overall i like the movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It bugged me that they modified what's-his-face's face because it was almost him but not! Good flick though, as has been said, at least worth the redbox. </div></div>

Joseph Gordon Levitt?
</div></div>

Yes, thank you! Was too lazy/busy to look it up and spell it right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree on the face makeover, knowing who the actor was, and it looking artificial was annoying. At first I thought it was only going to be a temporary thing as part of the time travel. Going through the whole movie with his make up made it seem off. </div></div>

I had a hard time getting over the make-up too but I thought it was a fun movie all in all. Being a father, some of the shooting scenes were obviously hard to stomach.

I didn't notice that they altered Levitt's face? Maybe i didn't pay enough attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree on the face makeover, knowing who the actor was, and it looking artificial was annoying. At first I thought it was only going to be a temporary thing as part of the time travel. Going through the whole movie with his make up made it seem off. </div></div>

Anyone remember Surrogates - the face altering was kind of annoying except when the erased Radha's warts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">haven't seen it yet but time travel movies bug the piss out of me, I'll wait for netflix. </div></div>

I'm in the same boat, but I actually liked it! Time travel, as a plot device, often just pisses me off. It's a symptom of doing physics for a living and working in the movie industry at the same time, I guess. But "Looper" makes really clever use of time travel and it all serves the story well. If anything, I can describe the film as a "smart thriller" with a little homage to "Akira."

There's some good visual effects work in it too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">haven't seen it yet but time travel movies bug the piss out of me, I'll wait for netflix. </div></div>

There's some good visual effects work in it too.</div></div>

+1 the effects were very good

Saw it this weekend. I liked it OK and my wife didn't like it. I thought the plot was simple and didn't see a twist. Worth a rental, not worth a theater price IMO.