• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loss of another great Warrior,USMC Col. Walter Wash passes at 106...RIP Sir.

rlm8541

Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2012
Our Corp. is in Mourning this day.... Col. Walter Walsh along with others was also instrumental in the development of the very first "adopted" M700/40 and was a pillar within the USMC sniper community throughout the Vietnam war and after and was one of the most decorated USMC competition shooters to date. He was also on the the highest recognized Federal Agents of his time. His dedication to the service of our country can not be repaid in words. May our thoughts go out to his son Walter Walsh Jr. (who I had the pleasure of meeting last year at the Vintage Sniper Rifle match in Quantico) and the rest of his surviving family....Our country is in morning at the lost of another great Warrior....My you now Rest Peacefully sir. Our young Warriors will take it from here!
Semper Fi!!

I started to say that you put this in the wrong forum but I have read an article on the Colonel and his impact on bolt action rifles and their use by DoD cannot be understated. Fair winds and following seas Colonel.

Actually the United States Marine Corp.....and I really didnt think it would matter which forum it went into.....Hell, it should go in all of them....This is called the "Snipers Hide".
ColWalsh_zpsfb0b02b1.png

Didnt mean for that to sound so harsh.

Last edited:
He should have selected the M70 instead. Now we are all stuck with shitty 700's or expensive unfucked from the factory 700's.