• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lost my oldest brother yesterday

Fig

Tenor in the howler choir
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
Did CPR till the paramedics arrived. They ran seven or eight cycles on him...nothing. He was. 57 years old. Was just about to take an early retirement. I still can’t believe it and I was there. Our family is totally devastated. Prayers sent our way would be appreciated.

Did CPR till the paramedics arrived. They ran seven or eight cycles on him...nothing. He was. 57 years old. Was just about to take an early retirement. I still can’t believe it and I was there. Our family is totally devastated. Prayers sent our way would be appreciated.
So very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Sorry man, lost my little brother almost 20 yrs ago. Its a tough one.. hang tight to your family.

Prayers inbound.

I take the context to mean this was totally unexpected and he dropped out of the blue. That’s doubly tough to take. Praying for you and your/his family.

He is not truly gone if he is alive in your memory. Prayers to you and your family.

Condolences and prayers going your way man, so sorry to hear about your loss.

We have had many fellow members here lose their loved ones recently. Seeing these threads makes my heart hurt and I want to make this clear that we are not just a forum here. This is a community and we help each other out when anyone experience difficult times.

Please, everybody, take a moment every day to remember this: Tell the ones who you care about that you love them, and do as many good deeds for them as possible, because every passing minute is truly uncertain and we do not know what will happen. Life is precious. We must respect it and cherish it.

Reactions: J15
Dang. So sorry. Thats a sucker punch like no other.

Dear Father
Thank you for your never ending kindness and mercy. May your love comfort Fig and his family in their time of pain and loss. May your promises of what awaits us after this earth give them peace.
In Jesus holy name.
Amen

Fig, I'm sorry to hear this, and my/our condolences. About all I can say at the moment is thank you for stepping up, and doing what you could. Too many others would just stand and watch. You got in there.

Knee-mail sent for you and your family.

Sincerest condolences.

Our next breath is not guaranteed, solemn reminder of that fact.

RIP brother.

So sorry to hear this Fig. Prayers sent to you and your family!

He's only a year older than I am. Gives me a lot to think about. You have my empathy Fig. I have lost two older brothers already and another is wasting away from agent orange.

Prayers sent to you my friend.

Condolences and prayers forwarded for strength and guidance.

At least you know nothing more could have been done. I’ll be praying for ya.

Sorry for your loss fig. Lost one if mine several years ago. They will always live on in your heart and memories. Prayers sent. Hang in there

I’ve done a trout tournament at lake Tanycomo in February for over 20 years. My brother was a master fly fisherman and has come a couple of times. We did a guided trip on the White on Thursday, and he slayed with four 20”+ Brown trout. We had a fantastic time. On Sunday almost at the end (noon weigh-in), he said he had chest pain. My other buddy and I looked at each other and I said aloud that was nothing to fuck with and we’re headed in. We were already close to the dock, and we’re there in five minutes. As I unloaded the boat he said he thought he just needed to use the bathroom. I heard a shout he had collapsed, and he didn’t make it off the dock. He was still gasping for breath like a fish out of water, and the owner had already called 911. I opened the airway and ABCs, and he had a really weak pulse and was still breathing raggedly. The 911 had us timing the breaths and they were getting farther apart and he ordered me to start CPR. The EMTs got there pretty quick (less than 15 minutes). They hooked him up to the wiring harness, started IVs, shocked him, and kept up CPR, but he never showed any sign of restarting at all. Through cycle after cycle they had nothing. When they called it I heard it clearly, and still said, “What?” The EMTs did everything right, CPR was started immediately, it was time. He must have had a massive, no-return coronary.

Then I had to call my sister-in-law, my mom, my wife, and my other brother. The howls and wails on the phone comming from his wife and my mother will haunt me to my grave.

When the funeral people came and collected him I just stood there. I wanted to go with or follow or something... Then I had to drive three hours home without my brother. I still can’t believe he’s gone, and I was there.

He literally died with his waders on, and a very happy man, but about thirty years too soon. He went off like a light switch. When I got there and cradled his head he was already checked out, he never improved, and went down from there.

He didn’t have an enemy in the world, and I never heard him utter a foul thing about anyone. The service is this Friday, and I expect it will be a thousand people. He was just about to retire from Verision, and we were told yesterday that they brought in grief counselors for both the New York and New Jersey offices. He was THAT loved.

I took this on The White on Thursday.
BF4629DA-E093-46D4-86B9-8B68C035CF1D.jpeg

He was my Brother for 47 years. I don’t know any different. My only solace is he died instantly, happy, and doing what he loved. Fuck this sucks!

Thank you for your prayers. I’m a pretty stoic and pretty tough dude, and I am fucking dying with grief. I wake up crying. I just still can’t believe it.

Sorry for your loss Fig . You your Brother and family will be in my prayers . I have no words that can even touch that pain . Remember you got alot of guys here sending prayers , love and energy .

I cant imagine what you're going through, Fig. My brother is my best friend and I can't even think about what it would be like to lose him. Keep your head high, my friend. Prayers sent your way.

Sorry man.

Sounds like he had a lot of love around him in life.

Reactions: Fig
Hang in there Fig, there's a lot of folks sending knee mail your way. My deepest condolences, and wishing you and the family some solace in getting through this all.