• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost my oldest brother yesterday

I'm truly saddened by your loss Fig.
I always tell my family that if something catastrophic happens to me, remember how I lived, not how I died. You said your brother had no enemies, and was loved by everybody. Remember him like that. Remember that big grin on his face like in the photo you posted. Remember and celebrate his life. It sounds like that's what he would want.
My sincere condolences and prayers for you and for his family.

Fig, my most sincere and heartfelt condolences to you and your family during this time of grief and loss. Praying for you now and will continue to do so, brother.

Fig, my condolences to you and your family. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. It sounds like he was a hell of a man, and he will be missed.

Reactions: Fig
Sorry for your loss Fig. My condolences to you and your family.

So saddened to see this here this morning.

My condolences and prayers sent for you and the family in this toughest of times.

Did CPR till the paramedics arrived. They ran seven or eight cycles on him...nothing. He was. 57 years old. Was just about to take an early retirement. I still can’t believe it and I was there. Our family is totally devastated. Prayers sent our way would be appreciated.

Damn brother....just read this....that's so sad. My condolences and prayers sent your way.

So sorry for your loss, may the lord lift you and your family up in this tragic time.

So very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Your brother was a great man. Sorry you had to go through it all then relive it on the phone with everyone. I suppose it was comforting for him to know you with him and sure he knew you were doing everything you could for him.

Damn....he is my age...so sorry to hear that Fig. I can't imagine what you're going through.

Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss and do your best to remember the good times you shared. Celebrate his life...

My condolences, I can’t imagine being there during my own brothers passing. As I’ve had a lot of death around me it seems as of late, all I can say is he went out as right of a way as there can be IMO. Having watched too many people slowly wither away doped with morphine and a hospice bedpan I’d much rather go out quickly and relatively painlessly after a day of casting flies given the choice. You gave him a wonderful last day doing something he loved with people he loved, remembering that doesn’t make this painless though stay strong man.

Last edited:
Fig,I waited to post in this thread because I've been where you are X's 2.
I'll pray for you,it's going to take a long long time for you to regain some kind of normalcy.
You're life as you knew it changed,it will become a little less painful.
I think your brother is there with you and your memories will bear testament to the good you shared with your brother.
Peace be with you

Condolences, on your loss.......prayers for you and your family.........

Fig, I missed this. Please accept my prayers for you and your family.

Sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family inbound. May you and yours find peace.

Man Fig, I am sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am sending prayers to you and your family.