• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost PRS Stock Buffer Tube Bolt...measurements?

Break Bad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2012
NW Florida
Lost it for my AR15 stock, anyone have the pitch/length for the bolt that screws in through the butt plate into the shoulder pad? May be weeks before I get a reply from magpul.

TYVM

Quick Google search came up with this: Help! Need retaining screw size for Magpul PRS stock **RESOLVED - AR15.Com Archive

"The screw you need is somewhat hybrid.

1/4x28 panhead machine screw 9/16" long. The slot head measures 1/2" wide.

Black Oxide/Blued with red locktite.

The hybrid part...There is a 3/32" hole all the way through the center of the screw for lubrication of the receiver extension internals.

Note: Magpul says "DO NOT use any other screw to mount the PRS as it may affect weapon cycling or damage the stock."

(A panhead machine screw head is thinner & wider than a standard bolt head.)"

Thanks much! Was able to dig through my misc pile of parts and find it.

Quick Google search came up with this: Help! Need retaining screw size for Magpul PRS stock **RESOLVED - AR15.Com Archive

"The screw you need is somewhat hybrid.

1/4x28 panhead machine screw 9/16" long. The slot head measures 1/2" wide.

Black Oxide/Blued with red locktite.

The hybrid part...There is a 3/32" hole all the way through the center of the screw for lubrication of the receiver extension internals.

Note: Magpul says "DO NOT use any other screw to mount the PRS as it may affect weapon cycling or damage the stock."

(A panhead machine screw head is thinner & wider than a standard bolt head.)"

The hole through the bolt is for lubrication?

I assumed it was for venting pressure or draining water in the buffer bore.