• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos LOTS O' LEAD

Re: LOTS O' LEAD

God I would hate to get hit by that Chap stick at velocity...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 73 fastback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea if these cast bullets would work in a suppressed .510. I dont have one but I wonder if it would gum up the works </div></div>
that's what a 510 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">"WHISPER"</span></span> is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a WHOLE lotta lead. </div></div>

A significant lotta hammer.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieTrying310</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's like getting hit with a doorknob. </div></div>

at 1000 fps.....

Damn thats big chunk of lead. What range do you expect to get out of the 975 gr?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn thats big chunk of lead. What range do you expect to get out of the 975 gr? </div></div>
About the range that my scope runs out of elevation adjustment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn thats big chunk of lead. What range do you expect to get out of the 975 gr? </div></div>
About the range that my scope runs out of elevation adjustment. </div></div>

Come on now......you can always dial AND hold...

Do you cast your own or are these from Ranger Rick??
I just finished running a 700gr Flat point/Hallow point mold group buy on the cast boolits web site, should have it in a week or two.

Also have 3 other Hallow point molds for the S&W 500 from 375gr with 4 different HPs, 440gr keith style and 700gr, working with John Ross on a 500gr and have a 600gr on the board now.

If you like the 500s check out castboolits.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn thats big chunk of lead. What range do you expect to get out of the 975 gr? </div></div>
About the range that my scope runs out of elevation adjustment. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Plus about 10 mils. </span></span></div></div>

Come on now......you can always dial AND hold... </div></div>
that's true....i fixed it....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 73 fastback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea if these cast bullets would work in a suppressed .510. I dont have one but I wonder if it would gum up the works </div></div>
that's what a 510 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">"WHISPER"</span></span> is.</div></div>

Ok I understand that the 510 whisper is designed to be suppressed. My question / concern has to do with using a cast lead projectile through a suppressor. My experience with cast bullets is they tend to be "dirty" I wonder if this would foul the inner workings of the suppressor.

How does the gas check work?

No fear of it hanging up in the suppressor?

That aircraft carrier is gonna be pissed when they figure out you stole their anchor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These projectiles work great through a suppressor, also, I do not have the mold for these. They are from Ranger Rick.</div></div>
Hmmm that make a 510 project a bit more interesting for me. Certainly more affordable shooting especially with my supply of linotype
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69daytona</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The molds are custom made in slovania and run around 125 with shipping. MPmolds or NOE in Utah. </div></div>
Actually the mold was made in Australia by Cast Bullet Engineering. But you were close....

I heard that 600 yards is easily in range for these big bullets at subsonic speeds.
Is that true? Have any of you guys shot them that far with reliable accuracy? Assuming a BC of 1.0 and initial MV of 1050fps quick load has it at >800fps at 1000yards

Impressive.....I was thinking about a 300 whisper with lead for pelt hunting.... dont like skinning jello or sewing big holes....any thoughts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that 600 yards is easily in range for these big bullets at subsonic speeds.
Is that true? Have any of you guys shot them that far with reliable accuracy? Assuming a BC of 1.0 and initial MV of 1050fps quick load has it at >800fps at 1000yards </div></div>
600 yards is easily doable with the 510 whisper...especially with 750 A-Maxes. When i first built my 510, i had a USO SN-9 on top of it with a 60 MOA base. The goal was to shoot it out to 1k yards. the farthest i got was 425 yards, and accuracy was surprisingly good. the SN-9 was just not practical for anything but bench shooting so i sold it.