• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lots of blemished bullets and brass in-stock

Great tip! Needed some 75gr practice bullets!

Just ordered 500 blemished .308 150's

Hopefully these are the Hornady fmjbt that I have been using the last few years

Got my blem's today. They look good, no missing cannelure's, just a few dirty/tarnished ones...

I am positive they are Hornady 150 FMJBT

20130403_120929_zps8e4fb966.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone buy the 168 grain 30 cal blemished? I just received mine and I'm lost as to what kind they are. They have a bright green pylomer tip. They almost look like zombie bullets. Any ideas?

I got the 75gr hpbt and the 62gr fmj yesterday. Very happy with them both. the 62's look normal. The meplats look inconsistent onf the 75's. Well worth it.

Anybody measured diameter on these? The diameter disclaimer had me wondering.....

Thanks. I believe that I got the last 9 boxes of 6.5mm 123gr polymer tip boattail (which appeared to be Amax bullets with a different color tip).

Thanks again for the heads-up. Very much appreciated.

Thanks. I believe that I got the last 9 boxes of 6.5mm 123gr polymer tip boattail (which appeared to be Amax bullets with a different color tip).

Thanks again for the heads-up. Very much appreciated.

I got 600 of those.

900 30 cal 208s for 200 bucks is a deal. I ordered a scope with 'em, so shipping is free on the whole mess. :)

Whats the deal with these blems??? What is actually wrong with them is it simply cosmetic or or is it an issue with inconsistent weights or jacket thickness?
I guess I am just leery about this as I have never heard of anything like this before...

Whats the deal with these blems??? What is actually wrong with them is it simply cosmetic or or is it an issue with inconsistent weights or jacket thickness?
I guess I am just leery about this as I have never heard of anything like this before...

From MidwayUSA's website:

Blemished bullets are bulk-packaged, factory seconds that didn't meet specification. For majority of the bullets being offered, this blemish is a slight discoloration in the jacket or the bullets were run during press set-up.

I've been buying various blems for over 10 years and the only thing I have ever seen 'wrong' with them is some have been discolored. I have also seen various non blemished 1st run projectiles from different manufacturers with just as much discoloration. One thing is certain...my group sizes aren't affected when using blems

I have seen some people claim that their group sizes suffer when using blems.

For the most part I'll buy and shoot blems just to blast or plink with. Its nice reloading 1K of .308 using blems at around $330

Last time they had 168 gr HPBT .308 pills I started with 500.
They look like and shoot as well as SMKs.
I bought another 1500 immediately, 500/$100.

Good stuff.

Joe

I ordered some of the 30cal 155 hpbt the only thing I found wrong was they were all 156gr. Forgive me as I'm as green as it gets with reloading. But will 1gr make any difference? I have found a ton of knowledge here on SH so I figured here was the best place to ask. Thanks..

I ordered some of the 30cal 155 hpbt the only thing I found wrong was they were all 156gr. Forgive me as I'm as green as it gets with reloading. But will 1gr make any difference? I have found a ton of knowledge here on SH so I figured here was the best place to ask. Thanks..

As far as charge weights, no. As far as pressures or other variables, check the ogive length compared to other bullets and make sure they are comparable, then you should not have any worries.

Any ideas what make the 7mm 150 gr. Projectiles are? They look like sst's but the weights are off.

The 30 cal. 168 match W/ polymer tip (Hornady A MAX) are back, I just got 1000 (10 box max. per customer). Don't know how long they'll last. Use the Medium flat rate box for shipping ($17.00) compared to the $25.00 shipping they wanted for UPS ground. You have to go back to "SHIPPING" because the order defaulted to the $25.00 UPS rate. 1000 bullets shipped to my door for $218.00.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/33...ip-spitzer-boat-tail-box-of-100-bulk-packaged

How are you guys getting 1,000 lots? I was limited to 5 lots of 100. Picked up the 178gr hpbt....

I picked up 500 208gr 'polymer tipped' about a year ago, identical to amax's

Not only did I order some 168 amax today but they shipped today also.

I checked this morning and they're out of stock now. Glad I fond them when I did. Mine are also shipped-on the way. You have to be quick these days.

Thanks for the heads-up! I have 300 .308-180grs coming and 200 7.62x39 123grs coming too. Need more, but finances, you know..... Still, this is 500 more than I was going to get!

What are the 180's? Just bought a few hundred 180 polymer tip boat tails. For the price I couldn't help it. Compared to $45 for 185 bergers that I am just going to smash into rocks and paper, figured these would be decent practice lead.

Thanks