• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOUD Autotrickler V2

Carole Baskins

If I do my part.
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2020
MT
Is anyone's Autotrickler exceedingly loud when ramping down? I get an incredible buzz that worsens as the unit warms up. It makes it tough to listen in on Real Housewives of Dallas while I'm reloading.

Thanks.

Is the discharge tube touching anything? I drilled a hole through the clear plastic wind block and occasionally the tube will contact the side of the hole and make noise.

Thank you for the reply. No. I am not even using the block on the side or front...

Reactions: MJF
Is the noise coming from the motor on the bottom, the rubber o-ring/belt, or the trickler rod running through the housing?

If motor, it might be going bad. If belt, might need replacing. If trickler arm, might need cleaning.

Try running it with no belt and turning the trickler by hand to narrow down the source of the noise.

Also, could it be the belt slipping?

Reactions: MJF
It's an electronic "resonance" coming the motor/printed housing area. New belt was added a few days ago with no effect. I'll see if I can get a video embedded somehow.

happened to my V3. I had to tighten the screws holding the stepper motor into the housing. cleaning the tube from the area where the bearings contact will help too.

I also had to take some alcohol and clean the belt off as it was slipping and creating a vibration and not allowing the tube to actually rotate incrementally during final trickle.

Reactions: skyrep
happened to my V3. I had to tighten the screws holding the stepper motor into the housing. cleaning the tube from the area where the bearings contact will help too.

I also had to take some alcohol and clean the belt off as it was slipping and creating a vibration and not allowing the tube to actually rotate incrementally during final trickle.
I also tighten the screws on the trickler motor. That really helped alot.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll reach out to Autotrickler. I wanted to get a little affirmation on the noise before calling them.

That sounds like mine too, mine is brand new. Haven’t used it in a month since I got it. I was going to mess around with it but haven’t felt like it since I set it up.

go to youtube and serch 'F class John'............. he has a video on his you tube channel of what to check. consists of cleaning the OD of the trickler tube where it rides on the container, and tightening up some screws under the bottom pulley. Info. came directly to John from a conversation with McDonald.

Reactions: SourGrapes