• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4 or SuperTrickler?

What’s the estimated cost for the import tax for USA customers?

“You are responsible for your country’s import taxes and/or duties payable.”

I'm a XTC shooter , I have the V4 and use it for my (Long Line) competition ammo, my 1903 A4gery Vintage Sniper rifle, 300wm precision rifles and most of my "hunting" caliper ammo. Oh the 50BMG too the V4 dumps a lot of powder fast. The bulk of my (short line) ammo I dump from Dillon 650 fitted with a Hornady powder measure and a case activated powder drop device. I routinely see single digit SD's on the short line ammo dumped on the Dillon, but sometimes struggle to maintain low teen SD's on my Long Line ammo weighed out and nit-picked on a precision scale. Moral of the story, absolute powder control is not the answer to low SD's.

The V4 is fast and easy to change powders and is plenty accurate for the task. The powder calibration feature is fast and fall down simple stupid easy to use, I don't see a problem there either. It comes in handy switching from Lincoln Log IMR 4064 to Sugar Sand TAC and it's effective. I like not having the V3 trickler hanging off to the side. The V3 always made me think of the old "Ideal Mouse Trap Game".

You're willing to spend $1000+ for a scale combo and you're worried about having a phone or a tablet handy (ARE YOU KIDDING ME) you can buy a dedicated tablet for 75-100 bucks these days and who doesn't have a 1/2 dozen old smart phones laying around. A USB wall wart and cable might set you back 10-15 bucks to keep it permanently charged, most folks have dozens laying around.

Worried about future parts availability who's to say ST is going to be around in 5 years either. The metal parts of the powder dropper on the V4 or V3 are not likely to fail in your lifetime, your son's or your grandson's for that matter. Stepper motors are a commodity these days as are the belts. The Scales are 3rd party and have been around for along time probably be around a while longer.

If you're worried about the lack of accuracy or consistency of the V4 you must also be the type that XTC shooters like to call "Primer Weighers". I'll admit I'm mostly interested in time saving devices because of the volume I load, Progressive press, bulk annealer, and electric case trimmer so maybe I'm in a different place than many of you here. Plus you can only hold so hard when all you use is a GI Sling.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what’s the general consensus still? I think I read somewhere a new firmware for the SuperTrickler sucks and people are selling their machines? Are people moving over to Ingenuity powder systems machine now? Is the V4 still tits?

Ok, here is mine running 3.0 with 223 cfe which is very hard to on ST. I had no issues, and my time frame was super great at 100% rate no over throws.

IMG_4270.jpeg

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what’s the general consensus still? I think I read somewhere a new firmware for the SuperTrickler sucks and people are selling their machines? Are people moving over to Ingenuity powder systems machine now? Is the V4 still tits?
v4 still sucks and overthrows. St is not that cool. v3 + IP rules supreme

Reactions: secondofangle2
My ST was great to begin with after getting it set up, but after installing the new V3 firmware on my ST, it is super great. I have been using Varget and it just nails it.

glad to hear some ST users are having luck with the new firmware.

I gave up on mine and sold it at a loss.

Once the new IP system is out, you'll be lucky to get $400 for a ST, I wager.

If you do want a ST, there should be lots of used ones available

Had an ST at around the 2.4 software mark. Gave up on it. Had a lot of super cool features, but it overthrew all the time. No experience with v4. Ended up pre-ordering the IP system.

While I wait, I found some buddies who bought the IP dropper for their V3's. They gave me the extra parts they had from the upgrade. Put a few bucks into getting the missing components and printing the ones I couldn't buy, and now I have 2x AT V2.5 equivalents for cheap.

Honestly most of the components can be printed or bought cheap so you could be into a V2.5 & IP dropper for around $1k including scale

Bummer to hear about the STand the issues over throwing. I think I may still just look for a used one and try it out but we’ll see. I’m currently running 3 chargemaster lites so either the ST or the V4 I’m still going to consider an upgrade.

Bummer to hear about the STand the issues over throwing. I think I may still just look for a used one and try it out but we’ll see. I’m currently running 3 chargemaster lites so either the ST or the V4 I’m still going to consider an upgrade.
You might be better off buying the AND scale and grabbing a used AT v2 or v3 off the PX

Reactions: secondofangle2