• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Louisiana Gunsmith - William Roscoe

nsmith022

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2020
Just moved to Louisiana and I have a 6.5 creedmoor build I’m trying to get put together. I’ve read a lot of good things about William Roscoe but don’t know if he’s still doing work.
Does anyone have his contact info or someone else that is reputable?
Thanks!

He posts here, send him a PM. Last I checked he was very busy, which cuts into his time here. That was a while ago though. Goes by Wnroscoe

I think he’s just doing work for friends at this point, heard he had a year backlog a few years back and he took his website down. He recommended Short Action Customs when I talked to him about a project a while back.

I have local guy in Metairie building a rifle for me now. I have another one of his builds and it easily shoots to the capability of the shooter and the ammo. Fast turnaround and he’s fairly priced (machinist by trade). PM me if you want his contact information.

Juan Perez - (504) 382-9719. Give him a call, he’s not a big text or email guy. Juan mostly builds tactical style rifles. Here’s a pic of the Creedmoor he built for me

181C2A64-7A08-4FC4-9D14-E998A3E2168A.jpeg

Don Geraci is a legend and a great choice too.

Spoke to Don. I’ve got a MPA Matrix chassis and he isn’t fond of any of that. Oh well. Anyone else have a contact for someone who could help me out?

Spoke to Don. I’ve got a MPA Matrix chassis and he isn’t fond of any of that. Oh well. Anyone else have a contact for someone who could help me out?
I’m in Mississippi i can take care of you if needed.

As others posted I dont think he is taking new customers, his# 318-422-0421. Good luck he is a great builder and a great person.

Just moved to Louisiana and I have a 6.5 creedmoor build I’m trying to get put together. I’ve read a lot of good things about William Roscoe but don’t know if he’s still doing work.
Does anyone have his contact info or someone else that is reputable?
Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words and interest. The rumors are true. I only build for close personnel friends now. This site has always been respectful of me and appreciative of my work. Thanks to each and everyone one of you.

By trade I'm an Electrical & Mechanical Contractor and have been extremely busy. I just cant take rifle work and make another shooter wait months or over a year for their rifle.

A few names that come to mind as far as builders go;
Mark Gordon
Jared Joplin

Last edited:
You go it!

If you are just looking for someone to professionally CeraKote your components, you can easily find who is a factory certified coater within a certain radius of your location.

https://www.cerakote.com/find-applicator

If that service is your primary goal, I would encourage you to use someone that coats a lot of firearms with the actual product you want used.

./

Thanks for the kind words and interest. The rumors are true. I only build for close personnel friends now. This site has always been respectful of me and appreciative of my work. Thanks to each and everyone one of you.

By trade I'm an Electrical & Mechanical Contractor and have been extremely busy. I just cant take rifle work and make another shooter wait months or over a year for their rifle.

Mark Gordon
Jared Joplin
Robert Gradous

William - I was looking for your contact as I have one of your rifles.

I got it in a trade from a friend and I was looking for some details on it.

JR

PS Sorry for necro-posting on a older thread.

Try Jon Slagle @ L3 Rifles. He does a lot of work for PRS shooters from the southeast to Texas. He learned from the best, Robert Gradous. He really builds some hammers. He also does pre-fit barrels. Cell 706-951-4987 email [email protected]

Mark Gordon
Jared Joplin
Robert Gradous
I believe we've lost Robert.

R

William - I was looking for your contact as I have one of your rifles.

I got it in a trade from a friend and I was looking for some details on it.

JR

PS Sorry for necro-posting on a older thread.
Call and I'll see what I can do for you.

There is always Jeff Hayes in MO. For coating there is Branden aka Custom Gun Coatings.

Mark Gordon
Jared Joplin
Hello Mr. Roscoe,

My name is Lee and I was just reading about a chambering fixture that you use for chambering barrels. The article it was not difficult to make your fixture but to do that I would need some pictures and basic dimensions. I know this kind of stuff is a pain but I'm wanting be able to do my own chambering now ( just turned 75) and funds just aren't there for extra's. So if you have a few moments I's truly appreciate it. Email is [email protected].

My best to you,

Lee Whiteley