• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

low profile base for 700SA

aggiesig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Seguin, TX
www.sara-tx.org
I just sold a USO base for my remington 700 and it was very high above the reciever. I'm looking to put a pretty small scope (1-4 power)on this gun, and would like to keep it as low to the bore as possible. What manufacturers make the lowest profile bases?

Re: low prifile base for 700SA

anything NOT Ken Ferrel, his are 2 feet tall! I think the lowest I've used is the Lupy Mark 4 base, but the badger's work also

On similar thread Murphy Precision was recommended. It was said they will do custom jobs. I don't now if this is true but it my be worth contacting them.

Thanks for the info...

I'll give the custom guys a shout, and see how they compare in price to Badger I haven't been too impressed with Leupolds quality the past few years. Push comes to shove I'll go 2 piece...

Our standard base is .343" tall at the front. Any lower, and the screw heads start sticking up into the slots. If you need lower, I can go as low as .250", but the first and third slots from the front won't be usable. I usually recommend an extended base in that case, so you still have some mounting options out front. Price would be the same as our regular bases, but about a week lead time.

- Cameron

holy hell....

I love this forum.
smile.gif

Mr. Murphy I'll be calling you.

Where else can you get customer service that good, that fast?

good night everyone!

Cameron Murphy is GTG! I had him build me a scope base for my ar 30 338 lapua. I couldn't find an moa base any where, he found me on the hide and told me he could build one. I've been looking for a year now for someone to have or build one more than 10 moa. Here he was the whole time. The base was perfect! Thanks cameron.