• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LPVO Evaluation Vortex Gen III 1-10 - March Shorty 1-10 - ATI SAI 6 1-6

Vortex is their typical anodization they've used with other Razor series scopes, a color that matches... well, nothing
First, thanks for the review. Short, sweet, and yeah I want that March, but the Vortex would be nice too.

Second, Duracoat has a Vortex Stealth Shadow option which looked reasonably close on the example I saw :)

Reactions: Glassaholic
First, thanks for the review. Short, sweet, and yeah I want that March, but the Vortex would be nice too.

Second, Duracoat has a Vortex Stealth Shadow option which looked reasonably close on the example I saw :)
Well that’s good to know, I’m sure someone good at mixing Cerakote could get a close match. In all fairness for Vortex and others, it is hard to get aluminum anodization to match anything that’s painted.

Reactions: gnochi
I will say this regarding the Razor Gen3 . I recently watched a guy at my range accidentally drive his Vortex right into a pressure treated barricade support while moving pretty fast for 3 gun training. So hard it knocked over the barricade.

Made hard contact with the front of the scope cap - sheared that right off and the objective area of the body took a direct hit.

No loss of zero. No real damage other than some superficial finish rub out . Geissele mount held tough btw. Pretty good hit. I'm a believer now.

If March further refines their reticle and dot I'd probably rock that on a 6.5 Creed semiauto and the Gen3 on my KAC 5.56 😎

Last edited:
That's how I setup my LRHSi, I love the G2H for close up at low mag, 4.5x is easy with the G2H, and I just started piggybacking my DPP, but now I've got to try it with the March 1.5-15 and see how I like that.

View attachment 7648947

View attachment 7648951
Thats one sweet setup!

And very similar to how I run the lht.....since I have it set up for my 12.5" grendle I have it in a super extended geissele mount all the way forward......(one down fall of huge eye relief on a ar pistol hahaha) Very nice ill try and post up some pics tonight
Brilliant. I’d love to see them produce an SFP variant of your FML-TR1 in the 1.5-15 but calibrated for 15x instead of 10x, if they could somehow make a daylight bright etch-and-fill illumination like many OEM’s from LOW that would be even more compelling. The 1.5-15 is really growing on me, in the right configuration I could see myself wanting that more than the 1-10.
This......mabey put full value clicks on 15x and half value at 7.5....it would also be nice to incorporate some kind of detent if possible to feel when it is on the correct power...

Had the March 1.5-15x42 out this weekend, man I want to love this scope! The size is essentially LPVO size but with a massive objective (compared to LPVO) and enormous mag range

20210618_Seekins_Aero_SPR_March_1.5-15x42_SFP_006.jpg

I even mounted my SIMRAD to it and checked it out at night, at the current distance from the SIMRAD's ocular the FOV goes beyond the SIMRAD at 2.5x, so that is the lowest usable magnification
20210618_PVS-9_KN203_SIMRAD_March_1.5-15x42_SFP_004.jpg

20210618_PVS-9_KN203_SIMRAD_March_1.5-15x42_SFP_005.jpg

I will try to get some "through the scope" images with the SIMRAD soon, but this combo is awesome. As I mentioned before, I do not like the moa reticle and turrets (I'm a mil guy), I do not like that the reticle is calibrated at 10x and there is no mechanical indication when you're on 10x (using this scope at night would be a serious pain). I would love to see a well thought out SFP tree reticle, maybe something that could be calibrated for both 15x and 3x use...

Reactions: Bravo6
Actually, there is a very good mechanical indication that you are at any magnification setting on a March scope. You will have noticed the special lump on the mag ring, where the fast lever indexes. If you use the fast lever, on my 1.5-15x42, at 10x the fast lever is a tick right of straight up, call it 12:15 o'clock. With the fast lever, the single lump is at that position.

All March scopes have that single lump on the mag ring, and when you know your scope, you just feel the lump in the dark, and you know the current magnification setting.

You can also see it from position. It's very useful.

Actually, there is a very good mechanical indication that you are at any magnification setting on a March scope. You will have noticed the special lump on the mag ring, where the fast lever indexes. If you use the fast lever, on my 1.5-15x42, at 10x the fast lever is a tick right of straight up, call it 12:15 o'clock. With the fast lever, the single lump is at that position.

All March scopes have that single lump on the mag ring, and when you know your scope, you just feel the lump in the dark, and you know the current magnification setting.

You can also see it from position. It's very useful.
I would not call this "very good" but I am glad you pointed that out, if it was centered with 10x it'd be even better but you're right, it is a tad right of 10x and at distances I'll be shooting at night probably won't make a huge difference. Would love something like an MTC type of click as you move past 10x. Thinking of the NV applications this scope has, I'm thinking a lot about possibilities with reticle and features.

Reactions: Bravo6
Needs a nice smooth detent that you can dial through easily but gives a nice click that you can feel. And a screaming bright dot. Walking around=dot. Offhand magnified=10x using holds. Bipod=15× using turrets. So easy a caveman could use it.

What this thread really has me thinking is to get a G3 1-10 for both of my spr types and be done with it. Seems like a lot of scope for the money with no real downsides. They are popping up used in the 15-1600$ range. Buying vortex always makes me feel like I'm shopping at scopemart but they sure deliver your moneys worth with a great warranty.

Eta that clip on is interesting. Looks like they go used for relatively cheap. Did you get a chance to try it on the g3?

Last edited:
Reactions: gnochi
Needs a nice smooth detent that you can dial through easily but gives a nice click that you can feel. And a screaming bright dot. Walking around=dot. Offhand magnified=10x using holds. Bipod=15× using turrets. So easy a caveman could use it.
I like how you think. (y)
What this thread really has me thinking is to get a G3 1-10 for both of my spr types and be done with it. Seems like a lot of scope for the money with no real downsides. They are popping up used in the 15-1600$ range. Buying vortex always makes me feel like I'm shopping at scopemart but they sure deliver your moneys worth with a great warranty.
GM - I think you're right, the Gen III sounds like the best option on the market today for you. They are fantastic for the price.
Eta that clip on is interesting. Looks like they go used for relatively cheap. Did you get a chance to try it on the g3?
I did not, SIMRAD is new (for me) and came after, it is my latest optic acquisition and my first true NV device - big, bulky, expensive but being able to see at night... priceless! I fear my NV and thermal endeavors will not end here o_O

Those seem to go for 1.5-2k. I'd like some kind of clip on for longer range pid and shooting. The magnifiers are nice but the 10x is huge and obviously you can't shoot with them except for a laser.

The G3 is kind of the boring choice but has lots of upsides. Having the same scope on 2 rifles will also cut down on familiarization and training time.

Digiscope pvs14. 2nd is with 3x magnifier. Didn't note the phone magnification but probably around 3x. We've been using my wife's 14 which has 64 res. Mine is 76 res and I want to try it at some point.

20210620_084118.jpg
20210620_084051.jpg

Excellent write up sir!

Im wondering why all of the reticle stadia on the March do not seem “centered up.”
Seems a bit fucky.
Finally got mine, I now understood what is going on with the reticle misalignment, seemingly.

Basically due to a DFP design, each reticle will shift on different rates as you move your eye position. The shift isn't much but it's enough to cause the perception of misalignment. Since the camera is fixed and slightly not centered I would imagine this perception will only grow as the magnification level increases.

It might look bad on picture but in practice not so much, because human brain will naturally want everything centered. Like how you use iron sights, your brain will help you to position your eye to make the front post centered.

There might be more usages to a DFP design, I noticed that at 10x the top of the thick bottom cross arrives at 2mil mark at 10x but if you dial it back a bit you can make it so that it arrives at 2.8 mil (approximately, since now your magnification level has changed), which is based on my calculation the elevation for M855 at 500 yards. Like this picture:
ooXtHB8.jpg

I know you can use the elevation turret but I think using the lever is much faster. But this is all in theory. I haven't put this into practice so feedback and suggestions are welcome

I know you can use the elevation turret but I think using the lever is much faster. But this is all in theory. I haven't put this into practice so feedback and suggestions are welcome
That's a very interesting thought, align the magnification so the SFP ends up in a spot where you might hold for distance, I think there is some validity to this, let me think about it some more and possibly even put it into practice next time I'm out...

Agreed.
Wasn't the standard Marine sniper scope a fixed 10x out to 1k back in the day ?
Yes. The USMC used a fixed power Unertal for years both on the M40 and Barrett 50. Qualification with the 40 was out to 1000 yards. When using the Barrett shots were taken well past 1000. The parallax on the Unertal could be adjusted but it was a pain. 10 power isn’t ideal but it can be used for distance. Technology has advanced to where we can now use 35 power scopes with ease. LPVOs have their place and are cool optics. Im sure I’m a few more years we will see this market push the limits of what can be done. We will see better light gathering, more mag and adjustable parallax in a more compact package.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Great review and comparison, thank you for going so in-depth! I'd agree also with the color choice on the Razors as it was something I couldn't figure out at all other than just to ID it immediately.

ATI just announced some new reticles for the SAI 6, they also announced a black version of the scope (Vortex, please take note :LOL: )

1694801879965.png

1694801916670.png

1694801938891.png

Last year it was rumored that SAI would come out with an SAI 8 1-8x24 model, but it's been nothing but crickets since then so it appears ATI will try to milk the SAI 6 for all its worth before they delve into the 1-8 market. That said, the SAI 6 is still a stellar 1-6 design at a great price and with these new updates make it even more appealing.

Looks like a Reptilia...maybe?
I got the email on the SAI as well. Good on them for listening and making the MRAD reticle. Seems like a great option at their price point.
I have the Reptilia and that's not it, but I am really liking the Reptilia.

ATI just announced some new reticles for the SAI 6, they also announced a black version of the scope (Vortex, please take note :LOL: )

View attachment 8227950
View attachment 8227952
View attachment 8227960

Last year it was rumored that SAI would come out with an SAI 8 1-8x24 model, but it's been nothing but crickets since then so it appears ATI will try to milk the SAI 6 for all its worth before they delve into the 1-8 market. That said, the SAI 6 is still a stellar 1-6 design at a great price and with these new updates make it even more appealing.
Are the new reticles only available in black? Not seeing the MRAD option for the coyote scopes on their site.