• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO opinions

I have a new build finishing up. A 14.5 midlength built on a Radian ADAC lower, San Tan upper, Lancer carbon fiber handguard, and Vltor A5 system. Pic for attention:

View attachment 7507783

I’m wanting to run a LPVO and 45* offset RMR on this setup. So far the rifle is pretty dam light weight.

my buddy has a Khales LPVO on his rig and while very nice it’s out of my price range. So I’m looking at the following:

NF NX8 with the tight eyebox issue

Vortex Razor 1-10

and Primary Arms Platinum 1-8 ACSS Raptor

I’m really digging everything about this Primary Arms optic except it’s heavy as fuck. Does anyone have hands on experience with this optics I’m looking at?
Looking at your profile pic looks like you are/were SF. If you're still active and have access to your socom email, Geissele runs a pro deal for SOF guys for a Razor Gen IIE 1-6, with their mount for $945. If you're interested message me and i can send you the order form.

Whats wrong with this? Around 17 oz. i will say the eye box gets tight around 6.

Do you have a "favorite" tree reticle for LPVO, or have some suggested enhancements for one you really admire, but is "not quite there"?
ACSS Griffin
It’s in stock now at at primary arms
Badass

Whats wrong with this? Around 17 oz. i will say the eye box gets tight around 6.
Thats a great optic, I think if it was a mil based reticle instead of BDC, you would see a lot more of them in use.

Thats a great optic, I think if it was a mil based reticle instead of BDC, you would see a lot more of them in use.
They have a tmr, which is mil hash marks. I do wish it had a Christmas tree and mils.

I'm kinda likng the Trijicon Accuppwer 1-8 for a FFP LPVO. Haven't had any issues with it in a couple years. Definitely get the red over the green for brightness.

I have a Trijicon 1-8X FFP, Primary Arms 1-8X, 2 x Sightron 1-7X and I had a Vortex Strike Eagle.

I didnt really like the Strike Eagle and it went to a new home.

The Primary Arms is a good mid range optic, its pretty light (relative to the other scopes) the glass is ok (not as good as the others in my opinion) but the reticle is awesome. The ACSS is very simple and very easy to use. It is SFP.

The glass on the Sightron is really good, very clear (as good as any I own) and its not a heavy optic but the reticle is too fine (SFP) and doesn't have enough info to make it fast / easy. Another downside is the red dot is light sensitive and fades in / out with light intensity - I really dont like that feature.

So the Trijicon is what I use the most by far and I really like it. The glass is quality, I love the reticle and find it works really well at all magnification levels, its well built, the illumination is good (has off setting between every level which is nice). For downsides it is heavy (34mm tube and built like a tank).

I have a Trijicon 1-8X FFP, Primary Arms 1-8X, 2 x Sightron 1-7X and I had a Vortex Strike Eagle.

The Primary Arms is a good mid range optic, its pretty light (relative to the other scopes) the glass is ok (not as good as the others in my opinion) but the reticle is awesome. The ACSS is very simple and very easy to use. It is SFP.

The glass on the Sightron is really good, very clear (as good as any I own) and its not a heavy optic but the reticle is too fine (SFP) and doesn't have enough info to make it fast / easy. Another downside is the red dot is light sensitive and fades in / out with light intensity - I really dont like that feature.

So the Trijicon is what I use the most by far and I really like it. The glass is quality, I love the reticle and find it works really well at all magnification levels, its well built, the illumination is good (has off setting between every level which is nice). For downsides it is heavy (34mm tube and built like a tank).
You should see the FFP PL-x ACSS Griffin I’d you haven’t. It’s Japanese and great glass. I like spreading the word as they have shown great CS to me and are a “small business”.

You should see the FFP PL-x ACSS Griffin I’d you haven’t. It’s Japanese and great glass. I like spreading the word as they have shown great CS to me and are a “small business”.

I'd second highly recommending the FFP Platinum series Primary Arms, it is much better than their cheaper one and well worth it.

I think your situation somes it up for a lot of shooters. Every LPVO seems to be a trade off somewhere - glass - weight - reticle - illumination - price and so forth.

I just decided to order the Gen III 1-10 from Scott at Liberty Optics. Was going to order the mil scope but switched it to the BDC moa at the last minute in favor of fast over precise. I hope I made the right choice. Outside of the Schmidt which costs 2x the price the Gen III seems to check the most boxes, but what I’d really prefer is a 20oz Vortex Gen III 2-12x42mm with mil BDC reticle... oh that’s right, that scope doesn’t exist

Reactions: Burdy and db2000