• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO or red dot for general purpose and SHTF truck gun

Can anyone add first hand experience with the Aimpoint PRO compared with the Comp5? Have bad astigmatism but run a T-1 on my handgun without issues, decided to put a PRO on a carbine and find it to have the usual comets tail on higher settings, with that said my groups and speed are still better than with my Burris M-TAC scope. considering replacing the Burris with the Comp5. Is there anything like the old Leupold tactical prismatic, running one on a carbine still works great except the 3- little batteries running it burn up quickly, and yes I have a Vortex Spitfire it is not on the same level (cheap red/green one). Myself just prefer the simple dot over a LPVO.

Can anyone add first hand experience with the Aimpoint PRO compared with the Comp5? Have bad astigmatism but run a T-1 on my handgun without issues, decided to put a PRO on a carbine and find it to have the usual comets tail on higher settings, with that said my groups and speed are still better than with my Burris M-TAC scope. considering replacing the Burris with the Comp5. Is there anything like the old Leupold tactical prismatic, running one on a carbine still works great except the 3- little batteries running it burn up quickly, and yes I have a Vortex Spitfire it is not on the same level (cheap red/green one). Myself just prefer the simple dot over a LPVO.
Everyone is different but I will share what works for me. I have an astigmatism and will get flaring with most red dots at higher illumination levels and that includes all brands. One of the things that I have found that helps me is that on dots, I personally do better with the color green. So a Trijicon MRO in green allows me to see more clearly and at a higher brightness setting then any Aimpoint. Another thing to look at is the Primary Arms Prism scopes. They are fantastic and I have two of the 1x prisms and one of the 3x. The etched reticles again eliminate the blooming issue.

With respect to the Aimpoints, I do not notice much difference between their various dots. To me it is more form factor and do you need NV capability. None of them are crisper if that makes any sense.

Everyone is different but I will share what works for me. I have an astigmatism and will get flaring with most red dots at higher illumination levels and that includes all brands. One of the things that I have found that helps me is that on dots, I personally do better with the color green. So a Trijicon MRO in green allows me to see more clearly and at a higher brightness setting then any Aimpoint. Another thing to look at is the Primary Arms Prism scopes. They are fantastic and I have two of the 1x prisms and one of the 3x. The etched reticles again eliminate the blooming issue.

With respect to the Aimpoints, I do not notice much difference between their various dots. To me it is more form factor and do you need NV capability. None of them are crisper if that makes any sense.
great post and agree

I actually switched to the holosun gm515 as it seems less of an issue for me with tthem

Reactions: ut755ln
An interesting thing about human biology is that we see green much better than red. At the same output level, a green light will appear much brighter than a red light. Those reporting fewer astigmatism issues with a green dot, it might be that a lower mW green dot is still brighter than a red dot. Idk. I have color vision issues and astigmatism. I also prefer a green dot.

i noticed the trijicon reflex and meprolite m21 fiber optics dots have a little less astigmatism flare than electronic red dots.

Reactions: ut755ln