• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR/ELR weekend Oct 21/22 at Arena Training Facility in Blakely GA

To all that joined us for the weekend, sandbaggers included, I want to say thank you, it was a great group of people I enjoyed shooting with you all. There was some impressive equipment and people with considerable knowledge, always willing to share information and help us mere mortals of the ELR shooting world get better. Thank you to Jeff that helped as CRO it all went smoothly and without incident. The weather was great and shooting conditions yielded some impressive small bore shots, a couple of 6.5 Creedmoors did repeated consecutive hits at 1954 yds on full IPSC size target and 2100yds on 6'x6'.

Now as far as the long awaited shoot-off between 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor went here are the results:

Distance 1220 yds target full size IPSC
9 competitors: (7) 6.5 CM and (2) 308s
1 sighter 5 record shots
All competitors had 20 mins from 10:00 to get their dope figured for the conditions
Started competition at 10:30
1st competitor who will not be named nailed the hit indicator with a 6.5CM (took a few shots to figure that out)
Restarted the match at around 11:15 (conditions changed and wind picked up)
Initial results 4 hit tie
Pair fire shoot-off as tie breaker 1st hit 308, 6.5 Cry-More didn't respond
it was close but 308 won the competition, there you go, its settled then until next time...
Congratulations to the winner of the $100 prize Peter vR (1st time to shoot beyond 500yds)

God Bless
Hope to see you all next year

PS special thanks to Eddie and the folks at the Arena that made everything run smoothly.

Last edited:
To all that joined us for the weekend, sandbaggers included, I want to say thank you, it was a great group of people I enjoyed shooting with you all. There was some impressive equipment and people with considerable knowledge, always willing to share information and help us mere mortals of the ELR shooting world get better. Thank you to Jeff that helped as CRO it all went smoothly and without incident. The weather was great and shooting conditions yielded some impressive small bore shots, a couple of 6.5 Creedmoors did repeated consecutive hits at 1954 yds on full IPSC size target and 2100yds on 6'x6'.

Now as far as the long awaited shoot-off between 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor went here are the results:

Distance 1220 yds target full size IPSC
9 competitors: (7) 6.5 CM and (2) 308s
1 sighter 5 record shots
All competitors had 20 mins from 10:00 to get their dope figured for the conditions
Started competition at 10:30
1st competitor who will not be named nailed the hit indicator with a 6.5CM (took a few shots to figure that out)
Restarted the match at around 11:15 (conditions changed and wind picked up)
Initial results 4 hit tie
Pair fire shoot-off as tie breaker 1st hit 308, 6.5 Cry-More didn't respond
it was close but 308 won the competition, there you go, its settled then until next time...
Congratulations to the winner of the $100 prize Peter van Rooyen (1st time to shoot beyond 500yds)

God Bless
Hope to see you all next year

PS special thanks to Eddie and the folks at the Arena that made everything run smoothly.
Thank you Gert for organizing this event. I have lifetime memories of this weekend. I know Nelson and I were up on the tower most of the time(Love at first sight), but can say I enjoyed meeting everyone I had a chance to chat with and put a face with a name, especially Peter who came up to the tower during "The Challenge" to share his story of interest in ELR and his dad's involvement. My suggestion to Peter is to take that $100 and put it in his son's piggy bank and let it tell story's for years. What he accomplished was nothing short of spectacular.
if anyone of this group ever finds their way down to south Florida, Please look me up and be my guest at either of the 2 ranges I am a member of. Conversely, if you, family, or friends ever get jammed up here in the Miami area, please don't hesitate to call me(Gert has my number). I've lived here 25 years and the city can seem daunting to some.
God Bless to all, stay safe until we meet again.
Pete

Reactions: AK74U and Gertvr
It was a great weekend, wish they were quarterly!! Until next time!!

It was a great weekend, wish they were quarterly!! Until next time!!
Thank you for allowing my group to check out your very impressive NV gear! Was very cool experience.

• Love
Reactions: AK74U
It was no problem, glad one of your guys hooked me up with that picatinny riser mount!!!

Thank you for allowing my group to check out your very impressive NV gear! Was very cool experience.

Hi guys(and gals). I’m interested in building a 2 mile rifle and I met someone(forgot his name) that I think had a 375CT in a Fusion Pro polished steel chassis. I’d like to talk to him wonder if his GS is still building them.
Thanks for any consideration. Hope to see you all again this year.