• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRA Bipods gone for good?

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I see the chinese knock offs for sale and was wondering what happened to LRA? I loved their short tactical bipod. Euro had an old post that they were back in stock but that was some time ago.

I know the TB bipod is coming and if it is anything like their Ultra suppressors, they should be a big hit. i always like the cradle stance of the LRA and was wondering if I should just give up hope they will come back.

Had a buddy go to an ELR class in Blakely in October. He came back with an urge to buy the LRA but don't think he ever found one.
I guess those KO2M guys are buying all they can find.

Hi,

IIRC Dave sold the company and by outside appearance it appears the new company is still active...well at least their website is...

Sincerely,
Theis

thanks Theis. All say avail at Euro. I notice they still make the light tactical long leg but no short leg..... why even call the the long leg anymore if they not gonna make a short leg version

I just converted a long leg to a short leg. It was pretty simple. The F-class is the one to find! As an alternative, the Cadex is really close to the same function and dimensions. It's actually a bit tighter assy. too.
Screenshot_20191216-190022.png

Screenshot_20191216-190042.png

F-class is still King IMO!
Screenshot_20191216-191341.jpg

Last edited:
About a month ago, I messaged LRA on FB messenger and was promptly replied to the next day. The reply stated that they are still in business and are working to get the supply chain built back up.

Reactions: MACHTECH
I just received my Thunder Beast bipod. I have only played with it for a few min but I like it. To me it merges Harris and atlas into something I like much more.
Quick to deploy
Tight and solid
Spring loaded legs
Locks into position

I have a few of the Harris and 2 of the atlas.
For the price you cant beat a harris. The atlas was t my cup of tea other than no external springs and 45* which I rarely used because it felt like you had to pay too much attention reaching up to use it.

The Thunder Beast seems to hit all the Mark's and there are add on options.

The more I think about it I become more impressed by the design and quality.

Just my 2 cents

I just received my Thunder Beast bipod. I have only played with it for a few min but I like it. To me it merges Harris and atlas into something I like much more.
Quick to deploy
Tight and solid
Spring loaded legs
Locks into position

I have a few of the Harris and 2 of the atlas.
For the price you cant beat a harris. The atlas was t my cup of tea other than no external springs and 45* which I rarely used because it felt like you had to pay too much attention reaching up to use it.

The Thunder Beast seems to hit all the Mark's and there are add on options.

The more I think about it I become more impressed by the design and quality.

Just my 2 cents
So you like the tbac better than the atlas?

I had one on back order for about a year through euro, finally gave up. The $80 knockoff on egay is a solid bipod. Comparing side by each, the Chinese version to a real deal LRA there isn’t much for noticeable differences. Basic hardware is what’s noticeable. Regardless, I never liked the direction the handle was in relation to the pic mount, and the fact that there was no secondary tension to lock the plates when the handle was released. To make the bipod cant smoother than the original I added the two tension screws in the front plate and turned around the pic mount.

I have a second one I’ll do the same to, that one is getting an arca plate so I don’t need the pic rail adapter on my arca spigot on the krg/sako spigot. For the price a guy can’t mess around trying to make parts. The set screws need to be loc-tited and set in the leg extension latches. They come loose with no glue to hold them in place.

Today I ordered some parts directly from the LRA website and noticed the credit card was billed to Telos Soltuions Inc. According to the about page on the website:

In 2018, David sold Long Range Accuracy to Larry Cole and Clif Wilson. Both come from precision manufacturing and engineering backgrounds and own manufacturing facilities. The new owners originally became interested in
Long Range Accuracy because the quality of the product spoke for itself and aligned with the quality standards that they each hold in their respective manufacturing facilities.

I do like my Long Range Accuracy Lite Tactical F-Class Bipod on my AI AXSR.

Last edited: