• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRF Adapter for Spotter 60

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    I had been mounting my LRF on the top of the Spotter 60 using the APO mount. It worked but it was very awkward to use since the eyepieces where at different heights. Needed a way to mount the LRF horizontally so the eyepieces were at the same level permitting the azimuth and inclination to work properly. Looked at several camera adapter options but none of them seemed to meet my needs. Finally decided to build one and after some thought came up with a design. Pretty simple using a QD mount and a pic rail attached to a piece of aluminum angle. Took about an hour to fabricate in my shop and then had it Cerakoted. Will be making one for a friend and already have a few modifications planned.

IMG_1066.JPGIMG_1065.JPGIMG_1064.JPGIMG_1063.JPG

Great idea!

I made a 3D model for an adjustable mount with an adaptor for a 3x booster infront of the eyepiece, but did not find the time to actually manufacture it.

This is a simple solution. I like the QD mount for the side rail. The APO is waaaay overpriced for what it can do, though.

The APO mount is expensive but works very well. Unfortunately there are no other options that provide elevation and windage adjustment to co-witness the Spotter and LRF.

Nice! Both of these sound great! You guys should start selling them!

The APO mount is expensive but works very well. Unfortunately there are no other options that provide elevation and windage adjustment to co-witness the Spotter and LRF.

Mostly because Spuhr ditched their co-witness mount a year ago. Theres was a QD system - looked great, when they bailed i went with the APO option. I love the mount ... would buy one!!