• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRF binos

gearguywb

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2018
    I have an older set of Leica RF binos that have given me great service. Having said that, I am shopping for something newer.

In my normal paralysis by analysis mode:

Comparing the Swaro, Leica, Zeus offerings. All 10x 42. To be used for hunting as well as some longer range shooting

My observations/analysis thus far:
    Swaro: looked through these and the Leica. Thought the glass was great on the Swaro. No ballistics app. Big negative.

Leica: I thought the glasses a bit less “bright” than the Swaro. Seems like a lot of issues dropping connections to a Kestrel. Seems like a PITA in a hunting situation.

Zeiss: have not been able to physically check them out yet. Liked what I have read this far. Seems easy to use once they are set up, particularly in a hunting situation.

Thoughts? What am I not considering?

Whichever direction, I hope to be able to find a used/open box/demo set.

Thanks in advance!

Vortex has another option. Not sure what he issue is with the Leica, I have the 2800.COM LRF and it stays connected to my Kestrel really well. I think the glass between Swaro and Leica are probably very comparable but I've noticed that Swaro seems to have put more coatings on their optics. Those coatings make daylight look great but low light is impeded.