• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRP-07 inconsistent accuracy

Going from one result to another, begs the question what is different. The possibilities most obvious are target height from ground, and the shooter's contact with rifle and ground. When contact is not stable, movement produced by shooter as well as from recoil will be unpredictable, and thus, shot misplacement is assured. Proper integration of bone/artificial support will help get the best results from outing to outing.

Last edited:
Agree, at least give JP a change to look at it first. They are good company and I am sure they will not let you down. I used to have APA build AR308 that will shoot .220" without the suppressor and 1" with suppressor. We found out later on that the quick detach mount caused the group to opened up, APA said it was a little vibration problem right before the bullet leave the suppressor that created some " Whipping".

I will try to get another shooter to shoot it first and then I will call JP. I just want to avoid sending my rifle somewhere and having it tied up for weeks or even months (I don't know their turn around time)

Going from one result to another, begs the question what is different. The possibilities most obvious are target height from ground, and the shooter's contact with rifle and ground. When contact is not stable, movement produced by shooter as well as from recoil will be unpredictable, and thus, shot misplacement is assured. Proper integration of bone/artificial support will help get the best results from outing to outing.

I'm using bags and a bipod. I my trigger finger is 90 to the trigger, and my other fingers on hat hand are only applying rearward pressure. My left hand is on the bag and only gives a little input. I've tried to specifically focus on both hands to make sure it's not some kind of sympathetic squeeze, but from what I can tell it's not. Also, I shoot just fine with all my other rifles.

Anyways, I'll try to get in touch with Scott to have him give it a go

That's what my ctr02 did!!!!! One day 1/4" next day 1"
Ben said i highly doubt its the rifle, but ship it to us we will take it to the range and c.
I sold it....fixed that problem.
get your money back. And have LBC build you one and never. Look back

Ah, now it comes out. You were offered a solution by the company but for some reason you decided to hold a grudge rather than just have the rifle checked and repaired if it was the gun. So you are telling us you don't know what the source of your problem is since you just sold the rifle to someone else. Did you tell that person you thought the rifle had accuracy problems or did you act like a snake and sell it as if you thought it was perfect? Has that guy had the same problems you had or has the rifle been flawless for him?

I bet JP would send out a free UPS return label to get the rifle back, you wouldn't have to pay for it. Call to find out lead time. But again, when you have a rifle in a customers hands that isn't working right most places want it corrected right away.

Last edited:
Ah, now it comes out. You were offered a solution by the company but for some reason you decided to hold a grudge rather than just have the rifle checked and repaired if it was the gun. So you are telling us you don't know what the source of your problem is since you just sold the rifle to someone else. Did you tell that person you thought the rifle had accuracy problems or did you act like a snake and sell it as if you thought it was perfect? Has that guy had the same problems you had or has the rifle been flawless for him?

I bet JP would send out a free UPS return label to get the rifle back, you wouldn't have to pay for it. Call to find out lead time. But again, when you have a rifle in a customers hands that isn't working right most places want it corrected right away.

Should not be a problem for $3400 dollars!
Jp. Sent me a ups return label . Sold rifle before. It got to me.
And yes i told the doctor / who bought the rifle it wuz a 1 moa rifle ,with 69 smk and tac & xbr 8208 ...he said thats fine!!

1×8 twist should. Have bugholed 77 smk with reloder15,........2" groups @100 with 77smks;

Burned through #500 69smk. #400 55v max. #100 hornady 75bthp

Should not be a problem for $3400 dollars!
Jp. Sent me a ups return label . Sold rifle before. It got to me.
And yes i told the doctor / who bought the rifle it wuz a 1 moa rifle ,with 69 smk and tac & xbr 8208 ...he said thats fine!!

1×8 twist should. Have bugholed 77 smk with reloder15,........2" groups @100 with 77smks;

Burned through #500 69smk. #400 55v max. #100 hornady 75bthp

You ran that much bullets through that barrel that is printing 1moa and 2moa at a hundred yards ...and you blame the rifle and not the hand loader and shooter ...you aint the brightest fork in the drawer are you.

You ran that much bullets through that barrel that is printing 1moa and 2moa at a hundred yards ...and you blame the rifle and not the hand loader and shooter ...you aint the brightest fork in the drawer are you.

Op, did the same # ????? And i ran some Hornady 55gr vax ammo, .....1.5" @ 100. If a rifle will not shoot

that it's. Not going to shoot. !!!!

Timelinex,

I use a marker on my stock to assure I place my cheekweld on my AR style rifle in the same spot every time. (It is harder for me on my SR 25 for some reason) I have noticed the tendency for the rifle to shoot erratically when not doing this.

Also you may want to recheck you set up. From eye relief to rings. I would double check your setup even if it meant remounting the rings from scratch.

finally as others have said driving a .308 platform is more difficult it may be your technique.

These tips have proved invaluable for me I hope they can help you.

Op, did the same # ????? And i ran some Hornady 55gr vax ammo, .....1.5" @ 100. If a rifle will not shoot

that it's. Not going to shoot. !!!!

I personally would have called the manufacturer a lot sooner with a brand new product/rifle if I felt it wasn't working correctly as advertised.

Also, if your rifle didn't shoot; it CAN be made to shoot... That is why you allow JP to fix the/your 'problem'. We are not talking about the Hubble telescope where it would have required a space walk to fix an issue.

I personally would have called the manufacturer a lot sooner with a brand new product/rifle if I felt it wasn't working correctly as advertised.

Also, if your rifle didn't shoot; it CAN be made to shoot... That is why you allow JP to fix the/your 'problem'. We are not talking about the Hubble telescope where it would have required a space walk to fix an issue.

Lets put it this way, for $3400 it should have shot 55...60...69...75...77....& 80 in to 1/4" @ 100 yds!!!!!
LBC dose it vary EZ! With FGMM 69 gr. FGMM 77gr. HORNADY TAP 75 gr. Hornady tap red box 75gr. Hornady 55gr v max
And my loads.

Have you shot a LBC? If you have you would see.

LV426 I have shot the LB rifle and while it is a great rifle overall it is not as good as the JP Lrp-07, The only area that the LB rifle might just beat the Jp is in the accuracy department and we are splitting hairs even there. LV426 you are an idiot and do not know what the fuck you are talking about, I have owned many LB products and all were good but there are many other good or even great guns out there. I would buy a Larue Tactical or GAP-10 before I bought a Les Baer rifle. Not knocking Les Baer just that when it comes to rifles the other 3 have been doing it longer and better. I would put my JP LRP-07 up against anything and know that I would either win or come close everytime. So spend some time and learn before you type.

Last edited:
LV426 I have shot the LB rifle and while it is a great rifle overall it is not as good as the JP Lrp-07, The only area that the LB rifle might just beat the Jp is in the accuracy department and we are splitting hairs even there. LV426 you are an idiot and do not know what the fuck you are talking about, I have owned many LB products and all were good but there are many other good or even great guns out there. I would buy a Larue Tactical or GAP-10 before I bought a Les Baer rifle. Not knocking Les Baer just that when it comes to rifles the other 3 have been doing it longer and better. I would put my JP LRP-07 up against anything and know that I would either win or come close everytime. So spend some time and learn before you type.

That's. Your opinion . But did your LBC have problems??? Mine had ZERO PROBLEMS!
Believe it or not i liked my jp rifle, just was not accurate enough.... I've. Been told the LBC spoiled me!
And yes there is hundreds of 1/2" or better AR 15 builder's out there! Thanks for calling me an idiot

LV 426 my JP has had zero problems just as 99% of all JP rifles, again Les Baer makes a great rifle but is to heavy. I just don't understand why people would make comments about the rifles we all talk about in this forum as most of these are all top notch and it is just a matter of each his own. I have also had Les Baer 1911's and again great pistols but my Guncrafter Industries No Name is just better IMO, FOR ME. I just wish people would stop putting down others and just understand everyone likes something different. I want to apologize for calling you an idiot that was uncalled for. I guess JP just spoiled me.

So, I met up with Scott today. He is one of the people that run the local sniper matches and he owns a company that manufacturers AR rifles. So he shoots semi's very often.

He confirmed that my form is good. Between the two of us we shot 30 or so rounds, with groups ranging from a little over an inch to even bigger than 2 inches.

It is confirmed. It is the arrow, not the Indian. I will be contacting JP tomorrow.

Anyone specific I should ask for?

So, I met up with Scott today. He is one of the people that run the local sniper matches and he owns a company that manufacturers AR rifles. So he shoots semi's very often.

He confirmed that my form is good. Between the two of us we shot 30 or so rounds, with groups ranging from a little over an inch to even bigger than 2 inches.

It is confirmed. It is the arrow, not the Indian. I will be contacting JP tomorrow.

So the optic and rings was a good to go?

Scott is a good Man...

So the optic and rings was a good to go?

I drew witness marks on the scope and it hasn't moved the last two times, after I kicked up the torque.

Also I brought a Leopold scope and some seekins rings and we tried putting that on. That didn't help either

I have had multiple communications with Ben and Dustin. I believe Ben is technical support and Dustin is sales. Either way, I'm confident they'll get you squared away. I also believe their lead time won't be too long, either. Please let us know how it goes...

On a side note, have you attempted any other bullet weights, maybe 168's? Not to throw another wrench into the mix, but it could be possible that the rifle just doesn't like 75's (hard to believe, I suppose.).

Good luck!

I have had multiple communications with Ben and Dustin. I believe Ben is technical support and Dustin is sales. Either way, I'm confident they'll get you squared away. I also believe their lead time won't be too long, either. Please let us know how it goes...

On a side note, have you attempted any other bullet weights, maybe 168's? Not to throw another wrench into the mix, but it could be possible that the rifle just doesn't like 75's (hard to believe, I suppose.).

Good luck!

I tried a box of 168 fgmm a couple weeks back and it didn't do any better

I talked to JP rifles today. I think the employees name was 'gunner'. I'm not sure if its his nickname , but thats what I got.

The gentleman was very nice over the phone, but we haven't found a definite resolution yet. One of the things he was concerned about is that I used butch's bore shine one of the times to clean the bore and that it could have corroded it. I assured him that it cannot be the problem since
1. I used it AFTER the problems started, in an attempt to get a thorough cleaning
2. It was put on, wiped out and oil was put on after. Then it was shot within 24 hours, which would clean out any kind of remnants of anything. So it didn't just 'sit' there and have time to corrode.

He was still very concerned about it though.

The other thing he said was that they would not be able to service the rifle with an after market brake on it (my thunderbeast brake). So that before they continue troubleshooting, I would have to take it off, put on the factory brake, go to the range and try it again and then let them know. I can't imagine a high quality brake being the problem, but I do understand their concern. This will be my next coarse of action. I will install the factory brake back on and try it out. I doubt it will change anything, but if it does I will be just as happy ( I just want this rifle fixed already)

They said if that doesn't help, I can send it in and they will take a look at it. General turn around time is 2 weeks, as long as the rifle doesn't have to be rebuilt from scratch. He said that he doesn't know what could be the problem but his best guess would be imperfections on the bore, which would account for the inconsistency. Copper could fill the imperfection and the rifle shoots great, then the copper breaks loose and it shoots bad. He said if its the barrel thats the problem it will most likely be from the corrosion from the cleaning solvent or damage from cleaning, in which it wouldn't be covered under warranty. I really don't see how it can be from the solvent or from the cleaning, considering its a very low count rifle with very few overall cleanings through it. I used a Dewey rod and nylon pieces on it. I totally agree that they should not pay to fix a problem I caused, but it worries me a little that this can be used as a 'cop out' reason to not service it, even if it wasn't user error.

Anyways, I will keep you guys updated.

The TB muzzle device has to be removed? While there are a lot of brakes out there with poor dimensions that can cause bullet strikes, I doubt that the TB is the problem.

The TB muzzle device has to be removed? While there are a lot of brakes out there with poor dimensions that can cause bullet strikes, I doubt that the TB is the problem.

Thats what I said... He said he's never heard of thunderbeast... But also acknowledged that his state doesn't allow suppressors so that's why he might not be familiar with it. Regardless, I don't think it's too much to ask, for me to put on the factory brake. So I will.

I talked to JP rifles today. I think the employees name was 'gunner'. I'm not sure if its his nickname , but thats what I got.

The gentleman was very nice over the phone, but we haven't found a definite resolution yet. One of the things he was concerned about is that I used butch's bore shine one of the times to clean the bore and that it could have corroded it. I assured him that it cannot be the problem since
1. I used it AFTER the problems started, in an attempt to get a thorough cleaning
2. It was put on, wiped out and oil was put on after. Then it was shot within 24 hours, which would clean out any kind of remnants of anything. So it didn't just 'sit' there and have time to corrode.

The other thing he said was that they would not be able to service the rifle with an after market brake on it (my thunderbeast brake). So that before they continue troubleshooting, I would have to take it off, put on the factory brake, go to the range and try it again and then let them know. I can't imagine a high quality brake being the problem, but I do understand their concern. This will be my next coarse of action. I will install the factory brake back on and try it out. I doubt it will change anything, but if it does I will be just as happy ( I just want this rifle fixed already)

They said if that doesn't help, I can send it in and they will take a look at it. General turn around time is 2 weeks, as long as the rifle doesn't have to be rebuilt from scratch. He said that he doesn't know what could be the problem but his best guess would be imperfections on the bore, which would account for the inconsistency. Copper could fill the imperfection and the rifle shoots great, then the copper breaks loose and it shoots bad. He said if its the barrel thats the problem it will most likely be from the corrosion from the cleaning solvent or damage from cleaning, in which it wouldn't be covered under warranty. I really don't see how it can be from the solvent or from the cleaning, considering its a very low count rifle with very few overall cleanings through it. I used a Dewey rod and nylon pieces on it. I totally agree that they should not pay to fix a problem I caused, but it worries me a little that this can be used as a 'cop out' reason to not service it, even if it wasn't user error.

I found an interesting nugget on the Butch's Bore Shine deal...
http://www.butchsboreshine.com/home/pdf/LabTest.pdf

They did lab results as to whether it would effect some barrels. It didn't.

Timelinex DO NOT WORRY not only will JP Enterprise take care of the problem but if it indeed is something that is caused on their side they will cover all cost. I have been dealing with JP for a long time and have friends who have also dealt with them and they are the BEST when it comes to customer service, they will take good care of you and you will be happy in the end. Sorry that this happened in the first place it is RARE for a JP rifle to ever have a problem in the first place but many in this forum will back me on this. Take care and don't worry.

Turn the gas off, and single feed and see how it shoots ??? Did u get any copper when you cleaned?
I did when first got rifle...first cleaning.....never saw copper again...

I didn't. Like what ben told me. ( I highly doubt it's the rifle) they could build you a upper in no time! We will see. Hell they probably have some!

Well, today I went to the range with the factory brake on and just as expected, it didn't help. Huge groups today. I even tried to turn off the gas system so that it became a single shot rifle basically. That did not tighten anything up.

I found an interesting nugget on the Butch's Bore Shine deal...
http://www.butchsboreshine.com/home/pdf/LabTest.pdf

They did lab results as to whether it would effect some barrels. It didn't.
Unfortunately thats not the way they see it. I told him the same thing, and even told him how I wiped it out and put oil on after, so its not like it was spilled on and left there either. But he really stood by the fact that it could have corroded the barrel in the 24 hours after putting it on but before shooting it.

Turn the gas off, and single feed and see how it shoots ??? Did u get any copper when you cleaned?
I did when first got rifle...first cleaning.....never saw copper again...

I didn't. Like what ben told me. ( I highly doubt it's the rifle) they could build you a upper in no time! We will see. Hell they probably have some!

Thats actually a good idea, considering it gets rid of the extra impulses. I tried it today.

Timelinex DO NOT WORRY not only will JP Enterprise take care of the problem but if it indeed is something that is caused on their side they will cover all cost. I have been dealing with JP for a long time and have friends who have also dealt with them and they are the BEST when it comes to customer service, they will take good care of you and you will be happy in the end. Sorry that this happened in the first place it is RARE for a JP rifle to ever have a problem in the first place but many in this forum will back me on this. Take care and don't worry.

I really hope your right, because at this point i AM worried. Maybe its because I talked to an employee other than one of the main ones (John Paul or Ben), but it definitely felt like he was trying to setup a case for denying the warranty, even before having the rifle in his hands. Dont get me wrong, he was very nice and respectful over the phone.. Just not too confidence inspiring on their willingness to make it right.

I'm assuming they are closed tomorrow, so I will call them on Monday and we will see the action they take. Should I talk to the same guy again, or do you guys suggest I insist on talking to Ben or JP?? After spending over $3500 on a rifle and $500 more on ammo to get it work, I'm not looking for a handout, just for someone to make it right without me jumping through further hoops.

Timelinex,

I find it very troubling that an employee of JP Rifles would parrot a statement that Butch's boreshine will cause erosion in the barrel of a rifle. Did you ask him if this is a company policy? Is this printed anywhere on their manuals or website? Where is the explanation that Butch's Bore shine and that it's use would void the warranty on their rifles? I like you find it very suspicious that a manufacturer would take this stance. I know they issue warnings of using Hirtenberger ammo as well as other ammo but I have never heard of anyone claiming Butch's corrodes the bore. Perhaps I have been in a cave too long, but nonetheless I have not heard that. I would strongly urge you to contact JP rifles Monday and get a clarification on this issue. I would talk to the owner or the person in charge of customer service or warrrany repair. This sounds very fishy to me as this employee was told this information by someone and hopefully it is not a company stance.

Timelinex,

I find it very troubling that an employee of JP Rifles would parrot a statement that Butch's boreshine will cause erosion in the barrel of a rifle. Did you ask him if this is a company policy? Is this printed anywhere on their manuals or website? Where is the explanation that Butch's Bore shine and that it's use would void the warranty on their rifles? I like you find it very suspicious that a manufacturer would take this stance. I know they issue warnings of using Hirtenberger ammo as well as other ammo but I have never heard of anyone claiming Butch's corrodes the bore. Perhaps I have been in a cave too long, but nonetheless I have not heard that. I would strongly urge you to contact JP rifles Monday and get a clarification on this issue. I would talk to the owner or the person in charge of customer service or warrrany repair. This sounds very fishy to me as this employee was told this information by someone and hopefully it is not a company stance.

I'll call in Monday and give you guys an update. At this point it's just all speculation. I don't want it to seem like I'm dragging the company or employee thru the mud. I'm not. He was very nice and respectful. I just disagreed with some of his conclusions (the bore shine causing this issue) and the tone of the conversation didn't leave me too confident.

I'm a proud owner of a jp psc 12 .308. it shoots great when I do my part such as loading the bipod properly and controlling my breathing. is it possible it could be a bad barrel ? sure, no one is perfect and not all barrels are either. I haven't shot many groups but I have managed to shoot some .5 5 shot groups and some .7's. and I'm happy with that. I even managed to shoot a 1.5" 3 shot group at 403 yards. I'm sure jp will take care of the issue your having. enjoy your weekend don't sweat it

From my experience, companies will service the firearms (or most products for that matter) when you feel that all the troubleshooting recommended is done and you can show definitive responses to what actions were taken. It seems like you have done just that. I see JP products at matches and see shooters satisfied with their guns and especially service so I am sure they will help out their valued customer.
I bought my first JP second hand and since then bought 3 more built to order and no issues, so I have never called in. In fact, I didn't even know they were local until I saw the marking on the lower.

Their manual does state that damage from improper solvent is not covered under warranty, but does not state anything about ammonia based cleaners. Also, I believe Butch's Bore Shine has some type of protective lubricant to remain after the ammonia gas evaporates to offer a bit of protection. Obviously, one would need to follow with proper lubrication and solvent. BBS doesn't cause etching, but it dries out the surface that I know surface rusting occurs if not properly coated in my area. Patches can easily miss these spots.

You bought the gun from them, call them up and offer to ship it on your dime for them to inspect if necessary. Why waste time speculating what is wrong when they can inspect it to give you the final word. I am sure they have a way to inspect the bore condition.

I talked to ben today. He will be sending over a label and I will have it shipped over to them this week. I will update when everything is sorted out.

So far so good.

Just a thought - wasn't the scope still sliding away from the rings again after tightening down to 50 in lbs? And after pencil marking the scope tube in reference to the rings?

I had a scope and mounts that caused me a lot of grief before. The torque on my current good NF ring caps are 15 in lbs.

Would it be that your ring manufacturer maybe wrong or incompatible to your scope or your scope has already been damaged from that much torque/force?

Even good companys make bad products sometimes or slip-up once and a while.

Did you put a good known scope/mount/rings combo on this rifle yet to confirm?

Last edited:
Just a thought - wasn't the scope still sliding away from the rings again after tightening down to 50 in lbs? And after pencil marking the scope tube in reference to the rings?

I had a scope and mounts that caused me a lot of grief before. The torque on my current good NF ring caps are 15 in lbs.

Would it be that your ring manufacturer maybe wrong or incompatible to your scope or your scope has already been damaged from that much torque/force?

Even good companys make bad products sometimes or slip-up once and a while.

Did you put a good known scope/mount/rings combo on this rifle yet to confirm?

It stopped sliding after I used 50in lb and I also use a different set or rings/scope

I also own a PSC-12 which I experienced similar issues with. I initially received the rifle in February and was getting awful groups with it, averaging around 1.5-2 inches for 5 shots @100yards with a variety of factory ammo (SSA 175 SMK, Blackhills Gold 155 Amax, Nosler Match 168). Reloading a variety of powders and bullets proved no better, with 5 shot groups going as high as 4 inches. I sent the rifle back to JP after performing troubleshooting with them.

9 weeks later I got the rifle back. They confirmed it had a bad barrel. I tested the rifle more with factory ammo, and got inconsistent results, though better than the first time. Back to the factory it went again, and John Paul confirmed the inconsistencies. Word was they tested a few different barrels and got the roughly same results. A few close shots in a group, and a few dispersed. After checking out everything else on the rifle, they determined the issue was the upper to lower & takedown pin fit. On my rifle, it required a punch and mallet to remove the pins. They said such a tight fit was slightly flexing the upper, causing the issues. They built me a completely new upper and ground the pins down for a more relaxed fit.

I took the rifle out this past weekend and it shot much better. Several 5 round groups of Federal 168 GMM (supplied by them) around .8 and .9 inches at 100 yards. Also started testing some handloads with the 125gr SMK and had some promising results. The issues the rifle had were very frustrating, but JP stands behind their products for sure.

I also own a PSC-12 which I experienced similar issues with. I initially received the rifle in February and was getting awful groups with it, averaging around 1.5-2 inches for 5 shots @100yards with a variety of factory ammo (SSA 175 SMK, Blackhills Gold 155 Amax, Nosler Match 168). Reloading a variety of powders and bullets proved no better, with 5 shot groups going as high as 4 inches. I sent the rifle back to JP after performing troubleshooting with them.

9 weeks later I got the rifle back. They confirmed it had a bad barrel. I tested the rifle more with factory ammo, and got inconsistent results, though better than the first time. Back to the factory it went again, and John Paul confirmed the inconsistencies. Word was they tested a few different barrels and got the roughly same results. A few close shots in a group, and a few dispersed. After checking out everything else on the rifle, they determined the issue was the upper to lower & takedown pin fit. On my rifle, it required a punch and mallet to remove the pins. They said such a tight fit was slightly flexing the upper, causing the issues. They built me a completely new upper and ground the pins down for a more relaxed fit.

I took the rifle out this past weekend and it shot much better. Several 5 ro

und groups of Federal 168 GMM (supplied by them) around .8 and .9 inches at 100 yards. Also started testing some handloads with the 125gr SMK and had some promising results. The issues the rifle had were very frustrating, but JP stands behind their products for sure.

.8 .9 is not good for a performance rifle for $3500!
I would still ship it back.

I took the rifle out this past weekend and it shot much better. Several 5 round groups of Federal 168 GMM (supplied by them) around .8 and .9 inches at 100 yards. Also started testing some handloads with the 125gr SMK and had some promising results. The issues the rifle had were very frustrating, but JP stands behind their products for sure.

That's funny, my take down pins were just as hard to get out. I had to use a punch as well the first couple times. Ben actually asked me about the pins over the phone, I didn't think anything of it though. I wonder if it's a specific batch with this problem. My rifle shoots the same way, it would sometimes cluster into two groups...

Anyways, the rifle is sent and we will see what the result is. I know if I get the rifle back and it's shooting over 3/4 inch, it's a fail. As others have said, this is a 3k+ rifle. If I wanted 3/4" I would have gotten something for half the price (even RRA gives a guarantee of 1" and that's half the price and most get much better than that). The RIFLE should be capable of 1/2 inch at the maximum.

Last edited:
That's funny, my take down pins were just as hard to get out. I had to use a punch as well the first couple times. Ben actually asked me about the pins over the phone, I didn't think anything of it though. I wonder if it's a specific batch with this problem. My rifle shoots the same way, it would sometimes cluster into two groups...

Anyways, the rifle is sent and we will see what the result is. I know if I get the rifle back and it's shooting over 3/4 inch, it's a fail. As others have said, this is a 3k+ rifle. If I wanted 3/4" I would have gotten something for half the price (even RRA gives a guarantee of 1" and that's half the price and most get much better than that). The RIFLE should be capable of 1/2 inch at the maximum.

That's what I've been saying $3500 ...it should not have left the factory!!
& i dont like Wilson barrels sorry! (Button rifled)

Get your money back!,.......& my pins needed hammered out to!!!!

JP told me after sending it in the second time that he got some 1/2 inch groups with it once they corrected the issues. I considered sending it back for good, but given that I used a 40% off certificate I won at a match I could rebarrel it a few times if I felt like it.

I have a few friends with JP LRP07's and they report 3/4 inch groups as the norm with their reloads (135 and 155smks). That sounds acceptable to me. Their rifles are a few years old, so I don't know of something has changed in the manufacturing process since then.

Let me know what they say when they receive your rifle. I'm tempted to sand the pins down a little more as they are still too snug to remove with nothing but fingers.

We will see what the resolution with my case is.

Every company puts out an occasional lemon, no hard feelings about that. It's what they do to fix the mistake that's shows the real show of character.

Hopefully everything will go as expected, I'll get back my rifle and it's shooting to up to their reputation. I will be a a very happy customer and rave all good things about them to all my friends, like so many people on this forum do.

Last edited:
Guys what does the hard take down pins have to do with anything? Is this believed to make the guns shoot poorly?

From rboyes:
"After checking out everything else on the rifle, they determined the issue was the upper to lower & takedown pin fit. On my rifle, it required a punch and mallet to remove the pins. They said such a tight fit was slightly flexing the upper, causing the issues. They built me a completely new upper and ground the pins down for a more relaxed fit."

Although my LRP is a .260, I can take out the pins with my fingers. That rifle is just flat out stupid accurate. I'm confident they'll get you squared away.

Please keep us posted.

Brother, I can tell you have not yet learned the art of the internet argument...so let me give you some pearls:

A) You don't need to obsess on one particular point.
In your case, you are obsessing that JP is shit and Les Baer is the only way.

B) You don't need to obsess on one particular point, trying to score "I told you so's!" to try and change people's minds.
In your case, you are trying really hard at getting that point on across that JP is shit and Les Baer is the only way as if all of a sudden JP owners are going to be like, "yeah, LV 426 is right, JP is shit, and Les Baer is the only way!"

C) Nobody gives a flying fuck in a rolling doughnut about your opinion and you will not be changing anyone's minds about JP or Les Baer, so it is okay to stop with the comments. We get it. JP is shit and Les Baer is the only way. I read you the first time.

Point "C" is not an insult to you, this applies to everyone. Do you really think someone is going to read your comments and ditch their JP gear and buy a Les Baer because of one guy's opinion on the internet? Relax man. As I stated before, you have excellent rifles and the reloading skills of the Almighty. Go shoot some shit!!

We will see what the resolution with my case is.

Every company puts out an occasional lemon, no hard feelings about that. It's what they do to fix the mistake that's shows the real show of character.

Hopefully everything will go as expected, I'll get back my rifle and it's shooting to up to their reputation. I will be a a very happy customer and rave all good things about the
m to all my friends, like so many people on this forum do.

Can jprifles make a 1/2moa rifle (YES)
Hope they fix it. They are one of the best looking rifles out there that's why i bought one.
But looks dont make it accurate!
I just wonder how many are out there that just do 1moa. & they. Are just fine with that???? But they lie on here & say they do 1/2"???