• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRP-07 inconsistent accuracy

Can jprifles make a 1/2moa rifle (YES)
Hope they fix it. They are one of the best looking rifles out there that's why i bought one.
But looks dont make it accurate!
I just wonder how many are out there that just do 1moa. & they. Are just fine with that???? But they lie on here & say they do 1/2"???

Seriously! Shut your mouth! I have literally scrolled over most of your posts on here because of how dumb you sound and how off-point you are. I WAS learning a lot from this thread until I read your posts. Now we are all a little more retarded for having looked at them.
OP: is it possible that you torqued your ring screws so hard that you stripped them? Either that or the high torque potentially damaged the scope? Have you tried a different scope with different rings all torqued normally? Just a thought.

Seriously! Shut your mouth! I have literally scrolled over most of your posts on here because of how dumb you sound and how off-point you are. I WAS learning a lot from this thread until I read your posts. Now we are all a little more retarded for having looked at them.
OP: is it possible that you torqued your ring screws so hard that you stripped them? Either that or the high torque potentially damaged the scope? Have you tried a different scope with different rings all torqued normally? Just a thought.

Guys, I made the mistake of feeding this troll last week and will not do so again. I'm sure the highlight of his day is to check this thread and see who he's irritated into responding to one of his stupid posts. When ignored, trolls usually go away.

Guys, I made the mistake of feeding this troll last week and will not do so again. I'm sure the highlight of his day is to check this thread and see who he's irritated into responding to one of his stupid posts. When ignored, trolls usually go away.

So, Your jp doesn't shoot 1/2" either........:)

He said he tried more then one scope.

Brother, I can tell you have not yet learned the art of the internet argument...so let me give you some pearls:

A) You don't need to obsess on one particular point.
In your case, you are obsessing that JP is shit and Les Baer is the only way.

B) You don't need to obsess on one particular point, trying to score "I told you so's!" to try and change people's minds.
In your case, you are trying really hard at getting that point on across that JP is shit and Les Baer is the only way as if all of a sudden JP owners are going to be like, "yeah, LV 426 is right, JP is shit, and Les Baer is the only way!"

C) Nobody gives a flying fuck in a rolling doughnut about your opinion and you will not be changing anyone's minds about JP or Les Baer, so it is okay to stop with the comments. We get it. JP is shit and Les Baer is the only way. I read you the first time.

Point "C" is not an insult to you, this applies to everyone. Do you really think someone is going to read your comments and ditch their JP gear and buy a Les Baer because of one guy's opinion on the internet? Relax man. As I stated before, you have excellent rifles and the reloading skills of the Almighty. Go shoot some shit!!

Les baer tests all rifles before they get shipped! So this doesn't happen!

Les baer tests all rifles before they get shipped! So this doesn't happen!

You're really digging your Les Baer tattoo aren't you? I'll bet you have it tramp stamped right? You can tell us... we won't judge...

You're really digging your Les Baer tattoo aren't you? I'll bet you have it tramp stamped right? You can tell us... we won't judge...

I tell like it is! Fact
And my tattoo is a pic of your wife doing OBAMA! Ha ha

I tell like it is! Fact
And my tattoo is a pic of your wife doing OBAMA! Ha ha

A personal attack on someones family with a political reference? Lol... Even I don't make personal attack remarks about other peoples families.

Last edited:
LV 426 name the place and I will put my JP LRP-07 up against your LB and we will see what happens, put your money where your mouth is? I promise after where done all your going to have are excuses. I do love LB but it is not any better than the others in here, ex. GAP-10, Larue, POF. So lets do this and see what all this lip your giving us is all about.

LV 426 name the place and I will put my JP LRP-07 up against your LB and we will see what happens, put your money where your mouth is? I promise after where done all your going to have are excuses. I do love LB but it is not any better than the others in here, ex. GAP-10, Larue, POF. So lets do this and see what all this lip your giving us is all about.

Get in line.. Already asked and he politely declined.

I will be very interested in the resolution of the OP's problem. I was about to order a 6.5 Creedmoor LRP-07 from JP. If the customer service from JP does not come through, I will look at a GAP-10.

I told you people i had two les baers! Shot them for six years then sold them. I still think les baer are more accurate! A lot of people on here. Do !
Can i go play CALL OF DUTY!!! ROFLMAO

Well Im just another FNG here, but I had a savage .260 LRP that was very inconsistent. I chopped it down to 24" and crowned it...Problem solved

Thor's hammer , hurt hulk!

Ok I will stop..........

And that folks is how you get banned for two weeks. If a moderator tells you to cut the shit you don't come back with a wise ass post. You just cut the shit.

Back to the OP... Please keep us in the loop about your progression forward. I like JP, but the response of his underling in my opinion wasn't the best way to handle it. I hope that it's not a sign of changing times at the shop...

And that folks is how you get banned for two weeks. If a moderator tells you to cut the shit you don't come back with a wise ass post. You just cut the shit.

Rob, on behalf of every other poster in this thread, THANK YOU!

I've experienced similar issues on my PSC-12. I received it this past February, and ran several types of factory ammo through it including SSA 175SMK, Nosler Match 168, and Blackhills Gold 155 Amax. 5 shot groups averaged no better than 1.5-2 inches or worse. Regardless, I proceeded to work up some handloads with a variety of powders and projectiles and saw some groups as bad as 5 inches @ 100 yards. I called JP and went through their troubleshooting but it didn't help. I sent the rifle in to them and received it back 9 weeks later. They confirmed that the rifle had issues, and was due to a bad barrel.

Upon receiving the rifle a second time, I shot more 5 shot groups with my factory ammo, and saw inconsistencies. It would periodically fire the makings of a good group with up to 3 shots touching, but there would always be a couple shots all over. Again the rifle went back to JP, and again they confirmed the issues, with John Paul performing the tests. Eager to get to the bottom of it, they tested more barrels and built me a new upper. They found that the upper and lower fitting with the extra tight takedown pins (I needed a punch and mallet to remove them) was causing the issues. They said the tight pins caused the upper to flex. They ground downs the pins for a more relaxed fit and sent it back.

I just took the rifle out over the holiday weekend and shot several 5 round groups @ 100 yards in the .8-.9 inch range with Federal 168 GMM (that JP supplied). I've also been working up handloads using Sierra 125's with 8208 that were decent, but I'll need to experiment with some different powders for best results. Needless to say the issues were frustrating, but JP stands behi

I would think you would have first priority being a new gun with problems, took 9 weeks I would be pissed, I would think they would test fire/break in the barrel for the price,Im having second thoughts on ordering a LPR-07 now.Thanks for the input.

Rob

I would think you would have first priority being a new gun with problems, took 9 weeks I would be pissed, I would think they would test fire/break in the barrel for the price,Im having second thoughts on ordering a LPR-07 now.Thanks for the input.

Rob
Taking 9 weeks for a customer service turnaround is most unusual for JPE.

JP has long been the most popular brand of 223 rifle for multigun competition. Every time an equipment poll is taken at a major multigun or 3-gun match, JP is by far the most commonly used rifle. This is due to the accuracy and reliability of their rifles and stellar customer service.

Despite the popularity of their 223's, the LRP-07 is JP's best selling rifle. There are a whole lot of LRP-07 owners who are very pleased with their rifle's performance.

Taking 9 weeks for a customer service turnaround is most unusual for JPE.

JP has long been the most popular brand of 223 rifle for multigun competition. Every time an equipment poll is taken at a major multigun or 3-gun match, JP is by far the most commonly used rifle. This is due to the accuracy and reliability of their rifles and stellar customer service.

Despite the popularity of their 223's, the LRP-07 is JP's best selling rifle. There are a whole lot of LRP-07 owners who are very pleased with their rifle's performance.

But if I bought a DPMS GII LR 308 and put a good "$500+" aftermarket barrel would/should it shoot the same sub moa as the JP?

thanks for the reply
Rob

But if I bought a DPMS GII LR 308 and put a good "$500+" aftermarket barrel would/should it shoot the same sub moa as the JP?

thanks for the reply
Rob

Sub moa is not the Golden standard anymore. 'cheap' semi rifles like the RRA are guaranteed to be sub moa, without any kind of modifications like an expensive new barrel.

thanks for the reply
Rob

Comparing apples to oranges. There is more to a rifle then just it's accuracy. Weight, action, reliability, trigger, etc are all factors. Your DPMS isn't a side charger, it's heavier, trigger isn't nearly as good (IMO), and its not offered in as many calibers as the LRP-07. I'm not discounting the importance of accuracy, but it's not as simple as just that. To get the DPMS to the same level of all the features you'd have to dump a lot more than just $500+.

Rob

I absolutely should have been at the top of the list, and I was pretty furious when I got it back and it wasn't right. I made it clear when I sent the gun in the first time that I wanted it back in time for the Task Force Dagger 3 Gun match back in March. They didn't meet that timeline, and I ended up winning the Heavy Metal Optics division (with a home assembled 308 AR), so I guess they lost the free publicity there.

While the rifle was fired when I sent it in, I believe they were only doing 3 shots, which wasn't displaying the tendency to spread out into two groups. They did replace the barrel the first time it went in. When I sent it in the second time I was clear about the issues and that 5 shot groups (minimum) were required. John Paul was able to personally replicate the issues that I found. I've heard that they've recently expanded their operation, though its just speculation that a newer larger company footprint could cause a QC issue.

They did send over a few boxes of FGMM as well as a scope mount for me. I do shoot a lot of major 3 gun matches and have lots of friends in the community that are satisfied with their rifles, both large and small frame. So it is a very low percentage of their guns that have issues. Its just that you hear about negative issues more often; the squeaky wheel getting the oil situation. With regards to the cost, I do agree that you can't just look at accuracy, but the rest of the package, which is great. Its a very smooth feeling rifle, dual charging, and a great fit and finish to it. Of course remember it is like anything else, there are drastically diminishing returns the more and more you pay for a rifle.

I'm taking pics of my LPR tonight, it's going up for sale, it shoots like a laser, but I'm shopping for NV… Which costs a fuck-ton. Woof. Going on my SR-25. Thermal.

18", green teflon, LMOS, ARFX/ACE. Pains me, but…Latest charging handle, latest QD swivel points ($300 extras). Shot <1" in Elfsters 30 round party w a USO 1.5-6X.

Damn you, TNVC.

I wish I could be of more help but I will repeat what others have said about torque on the rings. It doesn't take much!! I Torque 15 to 20 inch pounds. Even on my Ar 50 I only Torque 20 inch pounds with my big nightforce. Even with the whipsawing of the scope with igniting a 50 BMG with a huge muzzle brake it has never come loose. And that is half the torque as what you used.

65 pounds on the cross bolt

They don't test fire?

Yes they test fire, but they don't put a group on a target and send it with the rifle. I don't know of any company breaking in barrels.

Timelinex,

I sincerely hope JP Rifles takes care of you and all indications are that they will.

Regards,

Johnny

I hope rifle works out good. I have a home built ar15 with a JP barrel that shoots .5 and I love it. I am having similar issues with a dpms in 6.5cm that is driving me nuts. It shoots around 1.5 no matter what load I shoot. Seat bullets in or out, brass out of the box, or fully prepped, 123s or 140s, nothing changes. Really has me scratching my head....

Are you guys fucking kidding me, you here 1 bad thing that happened to a JP Enterprise rifle and all of a sudden people are having second thoughts about ordering a JP Rifle. Something is wrong with people in this forum, This is the first time I have ever heard of a problem from JP and people are ready to jump ship. You know what if you are that stupid that you hear of 1 problem from ONE OF THE BEST companies out there and you start having doubts then you deserve to go somewhere else and buy crap from them because anyone who owns a JP Rifle or knows someone else who does, knows without a DOUBT that JP Enterprise makes the BEST or at least ONE OF THE BEST AR Rifles on the market. FOOLS

Are you guys fucking kidding me, you here 1 bad thing that happened to a JP Enterprise rifle and all of a sudden people are having second thoughts about ordering a JP Rifle. Something is wrong with people in this forum, This is the first time I have ever heard of a problem from JP and people are ready to jump ship. You know what if you are that stupid that you hear of 1 problem from ONE OF THE BEST companies out there and you start having doubts then you deserve to go somewhere else and buy crap from them because anyone who owns a JP Rifle or knows someone else who does, knows without a DOUBT that JP Enterprise makes the BEST or at least ONE OF THE BEST AR Rifles on the market. FOOLS

You need to slow your roll man. There was some concern with the way the underlings are handling things. It happens even to the best of companies and if someone is spending $3-4K+ per rifle they have the right to be concerned if they think there's a service issue. No one said it was crap now or swore him off. But showing up at the end and calling everyone a fool doesn't serve anything but to make you look like the average zealous fanboy. We're talking about Jp, not Larue so calm down, lol...

Comparing apples to oranges. There is more to a rifle then just it's accuracy. Weight, action, reliability, trigger, etc are all factors. Your DPMS isn't a side charger, it's heavier, trigger isn't nearly as good (IMO), and its not offered in as many calibers as the LRP-07. I'm not discounting the importance of accuracy, but it's not as simple as just that. To get the DPMS to the same level of all the features you'd have to dump a lot more than just $500+.

Is a JP really any lighter than an DPMS GenII ? The GenII's are sub 8lb. That said, I'm a JP fan and they are amazing.

Is a JP really any lighter than an DPMS GenII ? The GenII's are sub 8lb. That said, I'm a JP fan and they are amazing.

Yes, the level of how much though depends on how it's set-up...

JP, like any growing company has new employees being trained in and it can take time for them to know all the correct "JP" answers. It doesn't mean it wont be taken care of in the normal fashion. They said even when a rifle is at the top of the priority list for testing it can still take a little time to nail down the exact problem if it is a tricky one, normally they try for ~2 weeks. You have to keep in mind the multiple trips to a range with sufficient distance to do true accuracy testing, etc... I was Just talking to one of the guys over there yesterday about a new GMR-13 9MM and brought up this thread.

To the guys comparing a DPMS to a JP; There is a lot more to a JP rifle then just good accuracy these things are so smooth and light recoiling it feels like a completely different platform. Not to mention the left side charging handle and all the other ergonomic, material, & engineering upgrades. If you just want a heavy accurate rifle with a rough action and excess recoil, you can find that in many places these days. To each their own.

I love the stuff from JP, it's just that I have a kid in college, so I tried to take a more "economical" route, and I'm paying for it in ammo to find a load it likes. If I had to go back and do it over, I'd buy the JP barrel and replace the 308, but I figured I'd be smart and buy the dpms whole top end, so I'd have two complete top ends. I think God does this to me to try and teach me patience. It's not working so far.....

They just received the rifle 2 days ago, so hopefully I'll hear from them in a few days.

Alot of people are really jumping the gun on this thread and quick to put JP in a bad light. As the original poster, I just wanted to make sure it was clear that this was not my purpose. So far they have done nothing wrong in handling this case. Even the first employee I spoke to was nice and respectful, I just disagreed with some of his assumptions and it worried me a little. However Ben listened to my concerns and they even paid for my postage to send it to them, which many people would expect, but it isn't something all manufacturers will do. So some of you might want to put away the pitch forks until we know the actual resolution of the case.

I will report back after I'm contacted with an update.

So, today I got an email and its exactly the news I was worried to hear. It was an email that was forwarded from John himself, saying that he cleaned it all up, lapped the bore, shot a test target and believe it's within their accuracy standards....

The attachment is 4 targets cut outs of 4 THREE shot groups that are OK at best. I was told they do an accuracy test by shooting 5 five shot groups.

When I talked to Ben, I made it clear that I was worried that with the inconsistent nature of the rifle, they would do a few 3 shot groups that ended up good and just send it back. He assured me that they shoot many 5 shot groups. How is it possible then that today I am being told that the rifle checks out, and the proof is 4 THREE shot groups with the groups getting bigger and bigger!

What do you guys recommend I do from here? At this point I am severely disappointed.

uploadfromtaptalk1405701256313.jpg

Last edited:
So, today I got an email and its not the news I was hoping to hear. They said they cleaned it all up, lapped the bore and they shot a test target and believe it's within their accuracy standards....

The attachment is 4 targets cut out from a sheet that obviously has a lot more targets on it, and it's 4 three shot groups that are OK at best. Even if it wasn't cherry picked groups, I was told they do an accuracy test by shooting 5 five shot groups. The worst part is that the forwarded email is from John himself....

When I talked to ben, I made it clear that my worry is that they can't just do a few 3 shot groups and that's it because of that nature of the inconsistent shooting. He assured me they shoot many 5 shot groups.

How is it possible then that I receive the OK, and the proof is 4 three shot groups with the groups getting bigger and bigger!

What do you guys recommend I do from here? At this point I am severely disappointed.

View attachment 43470

So, I am thinking that you tell them you will not be satisfied until you see the targets of multiple five round groups, without cutting out targets (or something to that effect)?

What did he say when you asked him why it is they sent you pics of 3 round groups when they test with 5 round groups?

So, I am thinking that you tell them you will not be satisfied until you see the targets of multiple five round groups, without cutting out targets (or something to that effect)?

What did he say when you asked him why it is they sent you pics of 3 round groups when they test with 5 round groups?

They emailed me and I emailed them back saying to not send the rifle back, I will be calling them later today.

I did not call them yet. I will be a little later today.

Last edited:
You did see that those targets are with different rounds, right? Still not 5 shot groups but maybe that is why they were cut from different pages? I was looking closer at them and I think it might be 2 with FGMM 168's, one with FGMM 175's and the last one looks to be a Hornady 168 BTHP. Seems to be showing several diffrent loads that shoot under 1" with 3 shot groups anyway. Very interested to hear what they say.

You did see that those targets are with different rounds, right? Still not 5 shot groups but maybe that is why they were cut from different pages? I was looking closer at them and I think it might be 2 with FGMM 168's, one with FGMM 175's and the last one looks to be a Hornady 168 BTHP. Seems to be showing several diffrent loads that shoot under 1" with 3 shot groups anyway. Very interested to hear what they say.
Whats the difference if it is different loads? If he only shot 1 or 2 of each of those loads, they can all be shot at the same target. Even IF they did shoot them at different targets, when you test for the accuracy of your rifle with a load, do you shoot 1 three shot group and call it good? Only people I know that do that is hunters that need to shoot minute of deer, but then they might as well of been shooting at paper plates like they do.

The fact that its different bullets doesn't change a thing. Its 4 cut out targets of 3 shot groups. If I received this from Savage, I wouldn't blink an eye, you get what you pay for. (Regardless of the fact that my savages shot better than this!)

So then your take on it is if they produce 1" groups with the rifle, thats good enough? I think if everyone knew that all they can expect from a JP is 1", they would have ALOT less buyers. I know that I would have never bought a JP if I knew this. I bet many people on here will agree.

Last edited:
I wasn't making excuses. I was just seeing if you noticed the different ammo. If you are going to be pissed, be pissed at the right people.
I apologize if my post came off as offensive, that was not the tone it was supposed to be in. Hard to tell when not face to face I suppose...