• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRP-07 inconsistent accuracy

Were there any other notes about why those 3 shot groups were produced? Maybe they confused it with factory testing targets? You should just ask them to provide a string of group shots with that Fed GM 168gr.

I think I am going to take my rifle out and try this out this weekend with some of those factory loads to see what I get.

I’m assuming its because they get a lot of rifles that they test and run through the ringer. Most of the time a few 3 round groups is enough to prove a rifles worth. This rifle was probably put into the normal batch and done the same way. My disappointment wasn’t that they do this for their standard tests, but that I specifically asked for it to be shot a bit more extensively because of the inconsistency problem that this particular case presented. It was agreed that multiple 5 shot groups would be done.

Regardless, I have been contacted by John himself and just replied back to him. Hopefully we can work something out for all of us to be happy. I will withhold from updating until there is a final conclusion, to try and prevent some people from jumping the gun and bad mouthing the company before they have a chance to make everything right.

I think the only thing you can do is take it back and start from square one working up a load on the premise that it is within spec and therefore should shoot as expected with a load.

Might reach out to other JP users and find out what the common pet load is.

Good luck

I think the only thing you can do is take it back and start from square one working up a load on the premise that it is within spec and therefore should shoot as expected with a load.

Might reach out to other JP users and find out what the common pet load is.

Good advice here. Out of curiosity what kind of accuracy guarantee does JP offer? Is it 1 M.O.A. or 1/2 M.O.A.?

Just sub. MOA

Where did you get that information?

We all know you're also LV426, so cut the stupid fucking kids games.

If you're going to try and make a "supporter" for your opinions, you might want to check your "unique" style of written english. Might think of changing it.

Here's your sign!!!!!

Last edited:
Looks like LV 426 was right. 1MOA rifles. For $3500 Dollars.
Do what LV SAID GET YOUR MONEY BACK AND GET A LES BAER.

cant wait till LV 426 sees what jp said..... but i think , he all ready has a good idea .

Remember what LV said? What if it shoots sub MOA. For them.... YOUR FUCKED!.....

Looks like ding-dong found another IP address, 9 posts, 8th grade grammar/spelling.

Timelinex, chill for a second, weigh your options cooly (Ha! I'm one to talk), the minute this is more hassle than worth, go in another direction. I had a shitty time with some scopes, changed quarterbacks, it's fun again.

I know, you take time off, gas, ammo, head scratching, phone calls, more head scratching, more calls, more ammo, more gas… looking in the mirror.

I looked at your groups, something is wrong. My LRP-07 is a laser, even w factory ammo.

Keep it in perspective. You've got a sweet blue Vette. Say when new, it had problems, whatever, dealer/factory rep. didn't settle it to your satisfaction even after earnest discussion. Sell that bitch and buy a 911!

It's a joke, just a joke. But, do you see where I'm going with this?

It's your hard earned money, you should be happy w your purchase. Don't beat your self up on this one.

Good luck, either way.

I don't post a lot on here but have been following this thread as I'm planning to order an LRP-07 in the near future. Hope this gets worked out for you and looking forward to the resolution. Wonder if they will eventually swap out the rifle if the results are not agreed upon?

I’m assuming its because they get a lot of rifles that they test and run through the ringer. Most of the time a few 3 round groups is enough to prove a rifles worth. This rifle was probably put into the normal batch and done the same way. My disappointment wasn’t that they do this for their standard tests, but that I specifically asked for it to be shot a bit more extensively because of the inconsistency problem that this particular case presented. It was agreed that multiple 5 shot groups would be done.

Regardless, I have been contacted by John himself and just replied back to him. Hopefully we can work something out for all of us to be happy. I will withhold from updating until there is a final conclusion, to try and prevent some people from jumping the gun and bad mouthing the company before they have a chance to make everything right.

Any updates timeline?

Alright, so I finally got a solid update for you guys. Yesterday I was contacted by John and told that they could get the rifle to shoot under 1 moa with every load they tried but nothing under .75moa. They said that since accuracy is a priority for me, they will do everything to make it work and that they will start with replacing the barrel. Today I got an email saying that rather than making me wait on a new barrel, they put on an entire new upper on the rifle that they had ready to go. They ran out of FGMM 175 so they couldn’t test with that, but it shot phenomenal with the 168’s. They will be sending it back later this week.

I’m very happy with their resolution and couldn’t ask for more. When I get it back I will go do some testing of my own, but I have confidence in their work. I will give one final update a couple weeks from now when I get it back and have a chance to do some testing, but otherwise at this point it looks like they lived up to their reputation.

Thank you everyone that had suggestions in my thread, and a big thanks to JP. I can’t wait to test it out and then continue with my plan of picking up a JP in 223 to keep my 308 company.

Attachments

• 362B1.jpg
    362B1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 30
Awesome !!!

alright, so i finally got a solid update for you guys. Yesterday i was contacted by john and told that they could get the rifle to shoot under 1 moa with every load they tried but nothing under .75moa. They said that since accuracy is a priority for me, they will do everything to make it work and that they will start with replacing the barrel. Today i got an email saying that rather than making me wait on a new barrel, they put on an entire new upper on the rifle that they had ready to go. They ran out of fgmm 175 so they couldn’t test with that, but it shot phenomenal with the 168’s. They will be sending it back later this week.

I’m very happy with their resolution and couldn’t ask for more. When i get it back i will go do some testing of my own, but i have confidence in their work. I will give one final update a couple weeks from now when i get it back and have a chance to do some testing, but otherwise at this point it looks like they lived up to their reputation.

Thank you everyone that had suggestions in my thread, and a big thanks to jp. I can’t wait to test it out and then continue with my plan of picking up a jp in 223 to keep my 308 company.

Hell yeah, bud. That's the accuracy I was expecting to see. I'm glad they came correct.

After seeing and feeling how well my LRP performed, I was forced to order a JP-15 too. That's right, I had to do it. ;)

Now this is the type of thing I expect to hear when talking about JP Enterprise, I already knew their rifles were deadly accurate and ultra reliable and Customer Service top notch but to hear of problems well that I never hear. Glad everything worked out but then again I knew it would.

Glad to hear they took care of their barrel issue with yours.

For the people who don't know this JP Enterprise takes very good care of their customers and they will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy, I know this from first hand experience. The Customer Service @ JP literally bent over backwards to make me happy. I know I praise JP a lot but I have NO vested interest in them and I do not get a single dime I just believe that when you find a product or a company that is exceptionally better than the rest and backs up their product they should be recognized for that.

Just came back from out of town and now I'm getting ready to have lasik eye surgery tomorrow. I've been dying to shoot it since I got it the day I was leaving town, but just haven't had a chance. Hopefully within a week my eyes will heal and I'll give it a go!

Well I just took it out to the range this week and put about 30 rounds of 175smk FGMM through it. My eyes weren't fully 100% yet on their sharpness, but didn't seem to matter. All the groups were between 1/3" to 3/4". For factory ammo, I'm satisfied. I'm gonna work up a load for it in the coming weeks and that's when we shall see it's true accuracy hopefully.

At this point I'm happy with the resolution. I'm gonna put some more rounds through it and also see it's accuracy with reloads over the next weeks and do a final update (with pix!)

Well I just took it out to the range this week and put about 30 rounds of 175smk FGMM through it. My eyes weren't fully 100% yet on their sharpness, but didn't seem to matter. All the groups were between 1/3" to 3/4". For factory ammo, I'm satisfied. I'm gonna work up a load for it in the coming weeks and that's when we shall see it's true accuracy hopefully.

At this point I'm happy with the resolution. I'm gonna put some more rounds through it and also see it's accuracy with reloads over the next weeks and do a final update (with pix!)

Nice.

I bet someone's relieved. I knew they'd do right by you. Good on them. I hope they realize how many potential future customers will come across this thread and feel much better about dropping their scratch on something they know the company will support.

Did you do a barrel break in like JP recommends? I know the subject is a debated one, but JP's break in recommendation is far from intensive when compared to some others' recommendations.

Please update us when you find a handload that runs well.

Also, I have a friend who bought several boxes of this PRVI PARTIZAN "Match" 168gr ammo for his Savage Hog Hunter. He paid 15.00/20ct box and I was surprised at how well it shoots for foreign factory ammo. Don't get me wrong, it's no FGMM, but for plinking ammo on a large scale, it seems much better than other factory target ammo. I'd be super interested in seeing how ammo like that would perform in your LRP. Hint, hint ;)

I'm stoked it's working well for you.

Enjoy.

I bet someone's relieved. I knew they'd do right by you. Good on them. I hope they realize how many potential future customers will come across this thread and feel much better about dropping their scratch on something they know the company will support.

Did you do a barrel break in like JP recommends? I know the subject is a debated one, but JP's break in recommendation is far from intensive when compared to some others' recommendations.

Please update us when you find a handload that runs well.

Also, I have a friend who bought several boxes of this PRVI PARTIZAN "Match" 168gr ammo for his Savage Hog Hunter. He paid 15.00/20ct box and I was surprised at how well it shoots for foreign factory ammo. Don't get me wrong, it's no FGMM, but for plinking ammo on a large scale, it seems much better than other factory target ammo. I'd be super interested in seeing how ammo like that would perform in your LRP. Hint, hint ;)

I'm stoked it's working well for you.

Enjoy.

No I didn't break in the barrel. They shot a couple groups through it already for the accuracy testing, so I can't imagine it being that important then.

I will do a good cleaning with the jb stuff (the stuff they recommend) before my next time out.

Last edited:
Thanks to the OP for keeping us informed on the progress and resolution. Good on JP for great CS!

I came across this thread as research for a similar purchase and their handling of this situation solidified my decision.
When sales of other items make it possible I will be in the market for this same rifle.

OP, please keep us posted on load work up and progress.

thanks,

Seekers

Alright, so I finally got a solid update for you guys. Yesterday I was contacted by John and told that they could get the rifle to shoot under 1 moa with every load they tried but nothing under .75moa. They said that since accuracy is a priority for me, they will do everything to make it work and that they will start with replacing the barrel. Today I got an email saying that rather than making me wait on a new barrel, they put on an entire new upper on the rifle that they had ready to go. They ran out of FGMM 175 so they couldn’t test with that, but it shot phenomenal with the 168’s. They will be sending it back later this week.

I’m very happy with their resolution and couldn’t ask for more. When I get it back I will go do some testing of my own, but I have confidence in their work. I will give one final update a couple weeks from now when I get it back and have a chance to do some testing, but otherwise at this point it looks like they lived up to their reputation.

Thank you everyone that had suggestions in my thread, and a big thanks to JP. I can’t wait to test it out and then continue with my plan of picking up a JP in 223 to keep my 308 company.

JP... Those guys set the standards for customer service. I can only wish others followed their lead.

At this point I'm happy with the resolution. I'm gonna put some more rounds through it and also see it's accurafind a loadcy with reloads over the next weeks and do a final update (with pix!)

Let's see some pics + targets

Sorry for the lack of update guys. I didn't want to update till I got everything in check, and I've been busy lately. Here's what I got so far.

The rifle groups 175fgmm consistently in around 3/4" which is great in my eyes for factory ammo out of a semi.

As far as reloads go, I've tried and haven't found anything consistent with military brass, 175smk and varget. So my next step is to try different brass and also to buy 168 Amax as I've heard those are accurate out of semis (or most rifles for that matter).

So I haven't found a good load yet and that's why I haven't updated. But since fgmm groups pretty good consistently, that tells me that atleast the rifle is 'consistent' and I just haven't found what it likes.

I have to buy some Amax bullets (if I can find them) and then I'll be able to update you guys further.

op glad you got the problem fixed.

you guys know who this is for...lv426
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:
op glad you got the problem fixed.

you guys know who this is for...
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

IMR 4064 & 8208 idiotic? 8208 is the new varget. IMR 4064 is sweet in .308 & 175 SMK & Reloder 15

Alright, so I don't have a final update yet but I wanted to keep those that are following this thread up to date.

As I said earlier, 175smk loads did not work out well. Here is my OCW from it:

lrpOCW.jpg

As you can see there really is no apparent OCW node with consistent POI's across charges. The 44.0gr charge obviously grouped well here, so I tried exploring that further, but it led to a dead end. If the charge wasn't exactly right on, groups opened up large. Nothing grouped better than 3/4 moa consistently.

So I moved on to trying 155 palmas and 168smk's. Here is the result:

LRP168155OCW.jpg

The 155's I didn't even put through my grouping program because of how bad they performed. It was so bad that it was hard to even tell which shots belonged to which group! The shots across the top of the paper is the 168smk OCW. FINALLY some great results. 43.2gr to 44.0gr have very similar POI's and that's where the node is. Looks like 43.6 is the center of that node, which coincides pretty perfectly to the tightest grouping group as well. Group # 8 on that picture is me overlaying 6 shots of 43.2gr and 43.6gr onto each other and the result is .37MOA. Group #9 is me overlaying all 9 shots of 43.2,43.6 and 44.0gr onto each other and the result is .6MOA . That is EXCELLENT if you ask me. Thats 9 shots with the bullets varying by almost as much as 1 grain and still almost 1/2moa. I will be loading up 20 or so at 43.6 and testing it at the range to confirm the results. If all goes to plan, it looks like I found something this rifle likes and its gonna be a hammer.

I wish the 175's would work since they can be stretched out further, but I doubt this rifle will be seeing 1k yards much anyways, so its not a big deal. I might end up trying some 168AMAX's instead since they don't have transonic problems, but thats later down the road. I can't wait to see the results of my next range trip when I hopefully confirm the load and put all this behind me!

Last edited: