• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LRTSi 4.5-18 parallax "markings" only problem I see

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
After a short hands on with the LRTSi 4.5-18,
Figured I would post up the only thing I did notice that was a good ways off

First the Parallax and image focus go together very well, so no issues there at all

But

You can go ahead and put tape over the yardage markings on the parallax knob. We are taking not even in the ball park there. Under 70 yards on the markings is where focus and parallax are correct at 300 yards.

Anybody else seeing the same? Or did I win the lottery?..

I wish more companies would do like my Mk6 parallax knob and put set screws on it. I zeroed the parallax at 100 yards and the other markings are pretty much on. My ERS is way off and can't be adjusted.

I do agree with you. The parallax markings are off, but otherwise it seems like a good scope for the price.

It is a great scope for the price range. Like others have said, the reticle gets a little thick at 18X but I can still do dot drills with it using .5 and .75 inch dots. The glass is good and I like the Zero Stop.

Seems like they could design the parallax turret like the elevation turret: splined with cap screw that would allow you to rotate it to more correctly align the markings. FWIW, the parallax markings on my 3-12 LRHS are VERY close to correct.

John

Yes, the parallax focus rotates opposite of what the markings indicate. The new 3-21 DMRIIi parallax markings rotate correctly to the markings. I've noted this in a couple of other threads. I'm pretty happy so far with my LRHSi and the DMRIIi.

FLIGHT762

Edit as mine is actually backwards as well!

I agree with the comments about the DMR, I have a HDMR-2 I was using along side the LRTSi and the HDMR-2 was spot on.

I actually was out to compare the LRTSi, HDMR-2, and Weaver tactical 6-30 since they all come from the same parent company I figured it would be an interesting comparison

They are very nice scopes no doubt. I've got a feeling the gen2 PST is going to give it a hell of a hard time too though

Last edited:
I have noticed on my non illuminated version , that the parallax changes dramatically with the reticle diopter position . My eyes are failing and I have the diopter screwed
out a long way ; harder to get a clear sight picture with diopter in this position . No such issues with other optics ( Hensoldt , March ) .

That's interesting about the diopter setting

I only have a hard time with red dots being a star burst, pretty much all my diopters are within 1/4 to 1/2 turn out. The LRTSi is no different there.

I'll try setting the parallax knob to correct distance and try adjusting the diopter enough to bring the image back into focus... Just for curiosity sake...

I've never owned a scope where the distances on the side focus knob jibed with the actual distance.
It's a moot point... with the diopter set correctly, when the target is focused using the focus adjustment, there's no parallax.

I'm with you on how to set it up, I was just curious to experiment after he made the comment about how far out he had his diopter messed with other settings, strictly an exercise in curiosity.

I've had some that didn't match, but I've had plenty that were correct or so close you could put it on the distance marking in a hurry and carry on with the shot

I had four scopes I was testing that day and the LRTSi was the ONLY one that was not very close. And it was not even remotely close

Is it a deal breaker, nope not at all. But it is worth noting. For what I paid, I'm very happy with it. I'll be making my own reference marks over top of the ones there though. It would be nice if they could slip the knob somehow

I just picked up the LRHSi 4.5-18. Focus was pretty close to the 100 yd marker. Haven't had a chance to go further yet. One negative is that the parallax knob is extremely stiff. I'm talking nearly hurts your hand stiff. Hopefully it will loosen up with use. Any others experiencing this? Love everything else so far.

I just picked up the LRHSi 4.5-18. Focus was pretty close to the 100 yd marker. Haven't had a chance to go further yet. One negative is that the parallax knob is extremely stiff. I'm talking nearly hurts your hand stiff. Hopefully it will loosen up with use. Any others experiencing this? Love everything else so far.

Thats sounds hinky . Mine is smooth as , right out of the box . Was it tight out of the box or after you mounted it ? I've seen parallax mechs
get pinched by an over tight front ring . The 3 or 4 LRHS I have fondled have all had smooth well weighted parallax knobs , try to spin one
on another one and send yours back if you are unhappy .

I received one of the first LRTSi models, and did a quick review. Then someone mentioned that theirs had the parallax "backwards", where infinity was 50 yards and vice versa. Took a look at mine, and lo and behold, mine is the same. never noticed it as I never look at it, I only adjust it till it's right.
Otherwise a dandy scope (4.5-18)

Figured you might want to know about this ETZoomin

Well after the extra comment I got mine back off the rifle, and I'll be damned but it is backwards!

They are labeled in the same format as the HDMR-2 but the adjustments are inverse in function.

Figured you might want to know about this ETZoomin

Well after the extra comment I got mine back off the rifle, and I'll be damned but it is backwards!

They are labeled in the same format as the HDMR-2 but the adjustments are inverse in function.

So, I wasn't crazy? It had me scratching my head for a few minutes. I actually laughed when I confirmed it side by side with my DMRIIi which does focus correctly with the markings. :eek:

So, I wasn't crazy?..

We are all crazy! But you were right about the inverse function of the parallax. I was looking at all of them being labeled in the same direction after you asked, didn't think that the rotation could be inversed.

I sent the information over to one of the guys at Bushnell, he said they were pulling some they had there in inventory to verify as well.

It's interesting that the LRTSi rotation is inversed from the HDMR-2 i have and apparently the DMR-2 you have. Wonder which part was the mistake... The direction of marking, or the direction of rotation. I bet somebody just lost their Christmas bonus this year...

Must be only the new illuminated models - I bought one of the 4.5-18x44 non-illum. in November 2016, and its parallax knob is marked correctly.

flatland1 is your parallax knob appear to be labeled the same as the pictures I posted? Or is it labeled in the opposing direction? I'm just curious if the labeling was the mistake.

It appears mine is same way. Perhaps we all got them from the same vendor or it is an issue Bushnell wide. If it is, perhaps they will fix it. The more I use this scope, the better I like it. While the H59 is still my favorite reticle, the G3 is awesome.

Thats sounds hinky . Mine is smooth as , right out of the box . Was it tight out of the box or after you mounted it ? I've seen parallax mechs
get pinched by an over tight front ring . The 3 or 4 LRHS I have fondled have all had smooth well weighted parallax knobs , try to spin one
on another one and send yours back if you are unhappy .

It was stiff prior to installation. I'll probably shoot it for a while and see if it loosens up. If it continues to bother me I'll see about getting it fixed.

The gentleman I spoke with said he was waiting for word from his Tech's as to how they would correct it. Swapping, or sending out for repair.. etc, But he did say

"Yes we did have a glitch on a few of our LRTSi scopes"

he also said, they were pulling their current inventory to see how far the "glitch" went. And would send me a message in return once he had received some info on how they would go about correcting them. Turn around time frame etc

I'll update once I hear anything else from them, but they seemed more than eager to correct it and get it swapped out for one that wasn't marked incorrectly.

Thanks for letting Bushnell know about this. They should at least address it.

I don't have a problem keeping the scope as is as long as the parallax focusing in the opposite direction to the markings doesn't have any effect on the optical quality or the focusing ability of the scope. Like I said before, I don't look at the knob markings when I focus the scope, so for me kind of a moot point. I'm not using the markings as a range finder.

I only brought it up originally to see if anyone else had noticed this in their LRTSi. I noticed it right away since I had both scopes (DMR2i & LRHSi) side by side. I just kinda went wuuuuut? :eek:

Yea they seem very eager to get it corrected, I'll update as I hear anything from them. Or maybe ETZoomin will have some insider info at some point about it he can share.

I also agree it's really not a functional problem. I just threw some white electrical tape over my knob and filled in some numbers with a fine point sharpie. I'm good to go until they get around to correcting it. I just wanted to share it with them as soon as I realized it wasn't a single item slip up. Maybe they can get them squared away before a bunch get out.

Last edited:
Got word from Bushnell, the few he had in inventory had the same markings. They are waiting on the next batch to come in to see if the manufacturer inverted the markings on them or not. They are supposed to be letting me know if the next batch is correct once they have them in hand. I'll update as I hear anything.

Just a side note, no complaints about Bushnell service these days. I've contacted them about a few things in a last couple years, and they are on top of things in my few experiences.

Plinkit -
The parallax knob on my 4.5-18x44 LRHS is marked the same as the one in the photo - IOW, clockwise rotation for longer distance.

Got to check out my new 4.5-18 LRTSi today and my parallax knob is also reversed. Anyone know what Bushnell's plan to fix this is?

Got to check out my new 4.5-18 LRTSi today and my parallax knob is also reversed. Anyone know what Bushnell's plan to fix this is?

Waiting to see if the next shipment is correct, if they are... they can exchange the errors. If they are not you are better off to hold it until they get the manufacturer squared away before sending it in. Otherwise you will be without a scope for a while.

Side note, white electrical tape and a fine point marker can be your friend until they get it sorted.

Got a phone call from Bushnell this evening

The temporary fix for anyone who's calls in will be to send out custom made sticker that will wrap around the parallax knob

They are apparently working with the manufacturer to correct the reversed function, but don't have it squared away yet

Well you can add my LRHSI to the list of backwards parallax knob. Weird thing is that the 100 yard marker is actually pretty spot on but I found out shooting out further that it's backwards like the other illuminated reticle scopes.

I would like to have been a Fly on the wall in the meeting room when Bushnell checked their scopes in stock and confirmed the manufacture fuck up. :rolleyes:

Does anyone who has the LRTSi also have the issue when the illumination is turned on that only certain numbers on the reticle are illuminated? Maybe its normal?

Does anyone who has the LRTSi also have the issue when the illumination is turned on that only certain numbers on the reticle are illuminated? Maybe its normal?

The numbers partially illuminate in mine

It's hard to make come out right in a picture but you can see the numbers are slightly illuminating.

Don't think it's a defect, just the way it was made.

Thanks PlinkIt. Mine looks the same as your pic. I called Bushnell last week and they are sending me the sticker to add to the parallax knob. The guy said they are still trying to figure out how they will fix our scopes that have it reversed. He said it would likely be swapping it with another scope.

Need to take a closer look at my 3-12 but I did notice that the throw lever prevents cycling the bolt on a LH rifle when on low mag. Called Bushnell and they said it was not adjustable for position. Only option is to remove the lever. Glad I called first because the flat head screw on the mag ring sure looks like it is to position the throw lever.... turns out to be the argon plug.

Did Bushnell ever do anything other than the sticker fix for the parallax knob? I'm currently deployed and would love to have it fixed while gone if there is a fix for it.

Did Bushnell ever do anything other than the sticker fix for the parallax knob? I'm currently deployed and would love to have it fixed while gone if there is a fix for it.

They have yet to contact me with any information about fixing or replacing it other than offering a sticker to cover it...