• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LSU at Alabama

Re: LSU at Alabama

385073_1885740443294_1834906093_1260979_195372052_n.jpg

Being an Auburn alum...I just couldn't root for Bama:)

Being an LSU fan, certainly I was glad to get the win. But we have a LONG way to go before any championship.

Alabama played us tough and it could have gone either way.

We have W KY next (I figure on a win there). After that is Ole Miss and AR, then the SEC championship game. That's 3 more SEC games with AR ranked well in the top 10. They have been the spoiler for us several times, too.

There are no gimmes. I just know I'd rather be a Boise or OSU or a Stanford not playing 3 more SEC teams in a bid for the National Championship.

Several friends of mine went to the Alabama/LSU game and said on the way out, Alabama behaved with class and was congratulating LSU fans on the victory and encouraged them to represent the SEC well. That's the way it should be.

My hat is off to Alabama for a well fought game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bayou Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being an LSU fan, certainly I was glad to get the win. But we have a LONG way to go before any championship.

We have W KY next (I figure on a win there). After that is Ole Miss and AR, then the SEC championship game. That's 3 more SEC games with AR ranked well in the top 10. They have been the spoiler for us several times, too.

There are no gimmes. I just know I'd rather be a Boise or OSU or a Stanford not playing 3 more SEC teams in a bid for the National Championship.

Several friends of mine went to the Alabama/LSU game and said on the way out, Alabama behaved with class and was congratulating LSU fans on the victory and encouraged them to represent the SEC well. That's the way it should be.

My hat is off to Alabama for a well fought game. </div></div>

Well said.. I only wish you LSU fans would act the same way after a game
smile.gif

But I guess, turning over cars, burning down gymnasiums, and flooding buildings on campuses so no one else can ever use them for rest room purposes is another approach. haha

Ill be cheering for you guys in the title game. I just hope you run the score way up on a team like Stamford so they don't dare think they are in the same league as an SEC champion.

War Eagle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I honestly doubt there will be a rematch in the championship game. As good as Alabama is, I don't think voters will want to guarantee yet another SEC National Championship. I'm calling it: LSU in the NCG with Bama being kept out due to "not winning their division". Sure by the end of the season they might be better than an undefeated Stanford or OKSU, but I don't see the media voting them up.</div></div>

I respectfully disagree and here's why. There can be no argument that the Bama LSU game had incredible hype. That hype brought in a ton of cash. A rematch would do the same thing except the hype would be even greater. Of course there are more games to be played and who knows what will happen, but remember OU lost their division game and still played in the NC. If you look at it purely from a promotional standpoint the rematch would be the best bet.

Whether they want another SEC NC or not, they may not have a choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bayou Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being an LSU fan, certainly I was glad to get the win. But we have a LONG way to go before any championship.

My hat is off to Alabama for a well fought game. </div></div>

Well said.....

Mike is right if thing go Bama's way with Stanford losing an Osu losing. (Sorry I was looking at the AP POll Bama 4) because if OSU wins against OU they will jump Bama. The money that would be generated from the rematch they will have to play for the BCS Championship its all about the money. Everyone was talking about the first game it will be even bigger hype for the rematch because of the calls & missed kicks. Plus the game is in New Orleans not to far for Bama fans to drive, everyone an his brother will be there. It will set record for the fastest sell out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I respectfully disagree and here's why. There can be no argument that the Bama LSU game had incredible hype. That hype brought in a ton of cash. A rematch would do the same thing except the hype would be even greater. Of course there are more games to be played and who knows what will happen, but remember OU lost their division game and still played in the NC. If you look at it purely from a promotional standpoint the rematch would be the best bet.

Whether they want another SEC NC or not, they may not have a choice. </div></div>

OU did not lose their division, they lost their conference in the Big XII championship game against Kansas State. And I don't think the coaches/USA Today are as influenced by potential money as the bowl managers are. I could see the Sugar Bowl wanting a rematch as I agree a rematch would draw ridiculously huge amounts of money, but I don't think they have much say in the voting process.

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/2003/ok.shtml

division/conference...same thing.

Point being is that OU lost and still played for an NC over an undefeated team. And although I don't think coaches and USA can be "bought", I do think they realize the potential and would probably like to see the rematch as much as we would.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's out of the question.

Well I have news for all of you all!! NOLA would much rather see Bama and someone else play in the Sugar Bowl. Bama fans are a great draw for the game and come to NOLA and stay and spend money.

LSU doesn't, they bring droves of fans to the game itself, but do not indulge in the whole event like Bama and other teams. From a financial standpoint the Sugar Bowl is better off when LSU is not in it. From a fans perspective it is nice when they play in a major bowl game close to home.

Local business and tourism related offerings flourish when our SEC brother teams come here and enjoy the revelry. And we most certainly welcome them with open arms!!!

That my friends is FACT! I have been to the sugar bowl as a Rabid Tide fan and everybody treats you good. Even when you win, as long as your gracious I guess. Lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">division/conference...same thing.

Point being is that OU lost and still played for an NC over an undefeated team. And although I don't think coaches and USA can be "bought", I do think they realize the potential and would probably like to see the rematch as much as we would.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's out of the question. </div></div>

I realize I'm probably coming across as a nit-picky dick here, but there are huge differences in divisions and conferences. South Carolina won their division last year but did not win the SEC.

Also in 2003 OU was the only undefeated team after the regular season. They were ranked #1 in the polls at 12-0 when they lost to K-State. The beef was that their loss in the Big XII championship game didn't drop them behind a one-loss USC team even though USC was ranked #1 in the AP. At the end of the season prior to bowls you had LSU, USC, and OU sitting at 12-1, 11-1, and 12-1 respectively.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
393183_2197636219663_1209960379_32105959_1905765112_n.jpg
</div></div>

This is Mike.

I was at the game(in the stadium). The calls were not shittttty. The defenses are the top two in the nation by a large margin. I think you can blame the game on Saban. Why wouldn't you hand it to the Iron horse Richardson? If you know anything about Miles, you know he'll play the game as it comes to him. Margins of victory aren't important to him. He will not pass the ball if he thinks you can't score on the ground or in the air. He's definitely going to play it safe if you can't make a field goal. I was overjoyed when Saban didn't run the ball and threw it three straight times in OT because I knew the kicker would fail. I don't believe we could have scored on them but when you fuck up the call it doesn't matter. If Alabama plays it safe and runs the ball 2 of 3 times maybe they have a chance to score or kick a field goal. GEAUX TIGERS. I'm one of those classless fans so I hope we get a classless championship

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I guess, turning over cars, burning down gymnasiums, and flooding buildings on campuses so no one else can ever use them for rest room purposes is another approach. haha
</div></div>

Proof?

We arent the ones that poisoned your trees. And Auburn is the last place to even utter the word "class."

I hope it is LSU/Alabama or LSU/Okie State or even Alabama/Okie State if LSU loses. Those are the three hottest teams in the country right now. LSU/Alabama are the two best teams, and if they met again it would be great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N8Lusk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LSU_vs_Bama.gif
</div></div>

Now that is some funny shit.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">division/conference...same thing. <span style="color: #3366FF">Negative on that... </span>

Point being is that OU lost and still played for an NC over an undefeated team. And although <span style="color: #FF0000">I don't think coaches and USA can be "bought</span>", I do think they realize the potential and would probably like to see the rematch as much as we would.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's out of the question. </div></div>

Clearly you have not been following sports.... ever heard of the University of Miami? Boosters threw money at the coaches and players to keep them happy and winning. If you think coachces arent in it for the money then you are sorely mistaken about their intentions. And when I say some coaches, I mean some, not all of them. But the paychecks don't hurt and are often the deciding factor on where they go.

KYS338,
Your stupid reply only shows you either didn't read my post or can't read at all.

First, I don't "follow" sports, I played them. Next, I understand the difference between a division and a conference. For the purpose of my post it was easy to understand the context of what I was saying; you knew what I meant. IF I need to follow around everyone who posts here with an APA grammar style reference book I will. It was f*ing obvious what I meant.

Next, Mr. "I will take something out of context", individual coaches may be influenced, however you are not going to "buy" EVERY coach that votes. So you may get the 1 voter, you will not get them all. Same goes for those who contribute to the USA poll.

And your post doesn't address the fact I was talking about coaches who vote for the BCS, not coaches in general.

I have a friend at ESPN and he tells me the consensus of everyone is that the officials blew that stolen ball call and that should have been called a completion, first and goal Alabama. Call it what you will, the officials made a very bad call. That is a fact.

There were bad calls and missed opportunities, no doubt. Even though I'm a huge LSU fan the fact remains, Alabama and LSU are no doubt the best college teams around. I still cant under stand why Saban went for two field goals that resulted in great field position for LSU. I understand his thought of getting on the board early but, from almost 50 yards.

We can arm chair call the game all we want, Alabama missed several chances and so did LSU. Both teams threw two INT's and several play executions were missed. In the end, LSU won.........again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There were bad calls and missed opportunities, no doubt. Even though I'm a huge LSU fan the fact remains, Alabama and LSU are no doubt the best college teams around. I still cant under stand why Saban went for two field goals that resulted in great field position for LSU. I understand his thought of getting on the board early but, from almost 50 yards.

We can arm chair call the game all we want, Alabama missed several chances and so did LSU. Both teams threw two INT's and several play executions were missed. In the end, LSU won.........again </div></div>

Roscoe, you made a great post that does sum it up. However, I wouldn't be too quick to try and get a dig in by saying...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the end, LSU won.........again </div></div>

Alabama holds the record 45-25 and the longest winning streak is Alabama with 11 wins in a row to LSU's 2.

So LSU won...for a change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So LSU won...for a change. </div></div>

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are
wink.gif

I was simply talking about Miles 5 wins against Alabama, Saban has 4 as well I think. Ironic that both Miles and Saban had wins against Bama.

I don't know what the over all win/loose score is but, I do know this, Alabama is still a very strong force to be dealt with, for any team. They're certainly not out of the BCS title game yet.

The LSU / Alabama game could have gone either way very easily. I feel sorry for Bama's next opponent, it's gonna be like getting hit by a Mack Truck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only because the LS-who fans have absolutely no class when they come into Auburn. Our city actually loses money due to all they destroy when they are here. </div></div>

Going back and reading this thread. You know you cant dress a Coon Ass up and take him any where.

Mike you are taking all this WAY to personally. Did you play at Alabama? Why such the hard on for the team? I attended school there. I love the program and the school itself but jesus, you tear anyone and everyone a new asshole that mentions that they lost if for themselves and coach Saban screwed the proverbial pooch. You can blame it on the bad call, but that was not all that stopped them from putting up the W. They played an injured Maze on a kick return and it cost them 30 yards of field position. Their kicker couldnt hit a barn at 40 yards. Saban fell victim to better coaching that night. Shit happens. They wont rematch this year, the decks are stacked with the other teams.

Take a pill, have a drink and relax. Its a sport.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS338,
Your stupid reply only shows you either didn't read my post or can't read at all.

First, I don't "follow" sports, I played them. Next, I understand the difference between a division and a conference. For the purpose of my post it was easy to understand the context of what I was saying; you knew what I meant. IF I need to follow around everyone who posts here with an APA grammar style reference book I will. It was f*ing obvious what I meant.

Next, Mr. "I will take something out of context", individual coaches may be influenced, however you are not going to "buy" EVERY coach that votes. So you may get the 1 voter, you will not get them all. Same goes for those who contribute to the USA poll.

And your post doesn't address the fact I was talking about coaches who vote for the BCS, not coaches in general.

I have a friend at ESPN and he tells me the consensus of everyone is that the officials blew that stolen ball call and that should have been called a completion, first and goal Alabama. Call it what you will, the officials made a very bad call. That is a fact. </div></div>

Stumbling over your tongue, Mike?

I can read just fine. My reply was to your specific quotes in blue and red.

That's about it....

First, I'm not taking it personal. Your post contributed nothing to the conversation outside of financial influence of coaches.

What "interests" me is the way in which the truth and other facts seem to mysteriously be "forgotten". Sure, Bama f8k'd themselves on more than one occasion. They lost, I got it. But to say that LSU "beat" Bama in the context that Bama didn't have a chance is wrong. LSU won, Bama loss, got it. But let's be honest, Bama let their victory slip through their fingers. The stats showed that. They weren't out coached, they weren't out played, they had some calls and decisions that weren't the best but they were the better team on the field that night. But as we all know, the better team doesn't always win. LSU had about as much of a chance of scoring a touchdown as a fat, broke guy dating a supermodel.

In 2011 there have been over 19 FGs made over 50+ yards by Div. I kickers. Asking a kicker to give it a try is not asking too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LSU had about as much of a chance of scoring a touchdown as a fat, broke guy dating a supermodel.</div></div>

Mike, you sure you didn't go to Alabama and play ball. You seem a little sore about the loss.

LSU missed a touch down by just inches by stepping out of bounds. Alabama missed one by inches possibly by a bad call. Several bad brakes for both on that night. LSU's special teams and kicking game played a huge roll in their win, not Alabama's missed opportunities, both teams had those.

Neither team scored a touch down because the other teams defense was too strong. There had to be a winner and there had to be a looser. Alabama just happened to be the looser on that night. On that particular game night, LSU was the better team, period.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LSU had about as much of a chance of scoring a touchdown as a fat, broke guy dating a supermodel.</div></div>

Mike, you sure you didn't go to Alabama and play ball. You seem a little sore about the loss.

LSU missed a touch down by just inches by stepping out of bounds. Alabama missed one by inches possibly by a bad call. </div></div>

No, I didn't go to Alabama and play there. I played in the Pac-10. However, I can't get any west coast games out here and I'm sick of watching football on the internet. Now I've lived in the south for a long time. I love it down here and will never leave. Plus, my wife is an Alabama grad and UA legacy so suffice it to say the association is a family affair of which I was "forced" to join.

I am more than able to stand up and concede a loss; especially one that is hard fought on both sides. But what I can't stand is a victory robbed from a bad call. I don't care who the teams are, it just so happens that since it's Alabama it's a little closer to home.

And you know what? I am passionate about it. I'm just as passionate as any one of those players on any one of those teams. If you don't think that's the case than you're mistaken. Just because you stop playing or grow old doesn't mean the passion dwindles. Is it a fault? Maybe, but it's taken me to places many people can't dream of. But I am who I am and it's not popeye.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, I'm not taking it personal. Your post contributed nothing to the conversation outside of financial influence of coaches.

What "interests" me is the way in which the truth and other facts seem to mysteriously be "forgotten". Sure, Bama f8k'd themselves on more than one occasion. They lost, I got it. But to say that LSU "beat" Bama in the context that Bama didn't have a chance is wrong. LSU won, Bama loss, got it. But let's be honest, Bama let their victory slip through their fingers. The stats showed that. They weren't out coached, they weren't out played, they had some calls and decisions that weren't the best but they were the better team on the field that night. But as we all know, the better team doesn't always win. LSU had about as much of a chance of scoring a touchdown as a fat, broke guy dating a supermodel.

In 2011 there have been over 19 FGs made over 50+ yards by Div. I kickers. Asking a kicker to give it a try is not asking too much. </div></div>

Trust me, I know where you're coming from. I love The Tide! I went there and went to every game I got student tickets for. They beat themselves, I have said that numerous times. They had that game won if not for the poor coaching calls, bad field position, kicking game and refs unable to make a clean call.

They will be fine, they will go on to win more games! Roll Tide.