• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lubrication for FL sizing

My personal best practices is throwing all the brass in a tupperware tub, spraying with alcohol/lanolin mix, and then sizing after the alcohol evaporates. I've found it to be extremely consistent from piece to piece and from loading session to loading session. Enough spray gets inside the case neck that it keeps things running smoothly. Part of that also is that I've got my dies set to where there is not a large amount of inside neck expansion so I don't need heavy lube inside the neck.

The whole process takes essentially no time at all and when it comes time to feed the press it runs super fast. I do all my processing on Dillon progressive presses, whether bulk 223 trainer ammo or precision match ammo.
do you still do this process?

Brass prep after every firing
AMP anneal
Hornady One Shot
Spray both sides at 45 degree angle
Forster fl sizing (honed if needed)
Giraud trimmer indexes off the shoulder so consistent bump is important
Load
Prove your methodology using accurate chronograph and shoot at 1000 yds noting vertical dispersion
There are different methods that work for other folks, but consistency is key

do you still do this process?

Yes, been working great for years now and tens of thousands of rounds.

One thing I've added is to use the lid from the tupperware container to fan air on the lubed brass while mixing with my other hand. It causes the alcohol to flash off super fast and you are usually ready to start sizing in about 60 seconds. You can feel the brass go from being wet to being tacky as the alcohol evaporates.

GoJo orange soap is great for getting the lanolin off your hands afterward. I mix the brass by hand while initially spraying and then again when fanning/evaporating.

Reactions: southerngolfer
and there is one more way - that i made. works very well.

IMG-3451.jpg