• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lucas Bore Guide

TheBeard413

Corpsmen
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Berkshire County, Massachusetts
I have spent the last couple weeks looking specifically for a Lucas Bore Guide for my 6.5CM w/Defiance Action. Is Mike Lucas the only person to get these from? I have tried to email him on several occasions and have yet to hear back from him. Any suggestions on how to get ahold of one of these fine Bore guides?

Yes they have to be purchased from him...

His email address is [email protected]

In the email state the following:

1. Type of rifle that you are using.
2. The caliber and the bolt head diameter
3. The diameter of the rod you are using
4. Your zip code

He has always gotten back to me within a day. He will give you the cost and an address to mail the check. Usually will have it in 3 weeks or less.

Interesting...I emailed him two weeks ago to order some more guides and he told me due to heavy workload and semi retirement, he was not accepting any more orders. Guess I need to email him again.

Never had/used a Lucas, but if they truly are the best out there, I'm pretty certain the Possum Hollow is the next best.

I don't see how one bore guide is better than the other. At the behest of all the reviews on this and other forums, I spent two months of my time trying to get ahold of Lucas. Ordered one. Got it. Been using it for a year. It does what it's supposed to do. But it's just a hollow tube. Nothing revolutionary. If I did it again, I'd save my money and my time and just get a Possum Hollow.

I ordered 2 bore guides from Mr Lucas, 308 in Rem 700 and 6.5 Creedmoor in Defiance Deviant. I emailed him Feb 21, and went back and forth about details a few times same day and I received my bore guides on March 9th. The Lucas bore guide comes with the piece which closely matches the rod to prevent that bit of flex whereas other bore guides are big enough for the brush so there is a little bit of play and is easier to scrape the rod on the rifling.

I have spent the last couple weeks looking specifically for a Lucas Bore Guide for my 6.5CM w/Defiance Action. Is Mike Lucas the only person to get these from? I have tried to email him on several occasions and have yet to hear back from him. Any suggestions on how to get ahold of one of these fine Bore guides?
I bought two. They are like plastic and I have the white one sold for much less. I'm not sure which one is better but if you got the money go for it. I had to buy a much longer cleaning rod as his are long. If I had to do over I would have just kept the white insert and bought a longer rod as my 26 in. BBL with muzzle break required a longer rod

Do you have a picture of it?
I don't but it is just a nylon cylinder with a solvent port and it is machined to fit the chamber and has an oring to keep stuff from dripping down into the chamber. Slick as shit.

184-338-lapua14911630.jpg

Very similar to this

Reactions: oakfig