• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC REPR Post Magazine Modification - Result/Vids

krecon1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2003
Abq, NM
Received my REPR back from LWRC. Ran about 80 rounds through it today and all seemed to be well. The days of 1 or 2 shots then a FTF are no more. I did a couple different tests to maximize the different capabilites of the REPR and try to induce a stoppage, so far so good. Will look to get it out to the 600 yard line in the next week or so. The new NXS 2.5-10x mil/mil Z-Stop has made a nice addition as well.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdosAxWRoIk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdosAxWRoIk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrwiRI93Lgc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VrwiRI93Lgc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: LWRC REPR Post Magazine Modification - Result/Vids

I received my REPR Thursday. It came with a Magpul 20 rd mag. Ran 60 rounds without failure.
LWRC told me they mod'd the lower and are good to go. My 7.62 magazine does not fit as tightly as my PMAGS in my RRA AR-15 in 556 however...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atomic Lab Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder if the have the problem solved? </div></div>

New production rifles are suppose to have the issue resolved, though I have not seen a S/N cutoff list. With regards to the Magpul LR20 mags not being as tight as the AR PMags - this is true, but with the corrected height of the mag, feeding does not seem to be an issue.

Hey

What Scope Mount is that and which can are you using? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Quiet One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey

What Scope Mount is that and which can are you using? Thanks. </div></div>

Can is a SWR Omega .30 (5/8-24 Threads) and a LaRue SPR mount.

thanks for posting the vids - nice ringing of the steel! I got the 20" REPR and am shopping for glass.Leaning toward the NF NXS 3.5 - 15 x 50 F1, but am interested to hear more about how your compact works. The F1 is almost 2x the price. What do you think the main differences are between the scopes? Especially for a casual shooter working mostly 100 - 300 yds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for posting the vids - nice ringing of the steel! I got the 20" REPR and am shopping for glass.Leaning toward the NF NXS 3.5 - 15 x 50 F1, but am interested to hear more about how your compact works. The F1 is almost 2x the price. What do you think the main differences are between the scopes? Especially for a casual shooter working mostly 100 - 300 yds? </div></div>

No issues with the compacts - they work every bit as well in their arena as the larger scopes. That being said, due to the small obj size they gather less light and have a narrower field of view. If I was using a 20" REPR Id put something along the lines of the 3.5-15x F1, but only because I'd use it at distance....if I was just going to shoot 100-300 I'd stick with a 16" REPR and a compact NXS. You could go with a 20" REPR and a compact NXS, but I think you're limiting the capability of the REPR due to the optic.

I run a SH IOR 3x18 on my 20" REPR and it works great. think about that setup as well...

Krecon1/M24: Excellent feedback, thank you! F1 has a lot of support.
On the SH IOR: I'm not familiar with that set up. Fixed 3x by 18?
My buddy is pushing fixed ACOG or USO ST10

SH IOR is a variable 3-18x42 FFP scope. The glass is great and the clicks/adjustments are crisp and audible. Check out Scott at Liberty optics. He's a great guy to deal with and will help with any questions that you may have.

Here's a link. http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html

Checked out the website. I love the MP-8 reticle with the dot. Also saw a MP-8 A5...I read on Liberty Optics about a Horus clone... Any idea what that is? The Horus website is interesting, they have a neat little sighting in game.