• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC sold to Colt ?????

Wow now that's dated back awhile!
An industry guy emailed me a few days ago and said it was all a rumor so I started checking to see what google would find. That is earliest I could find.

Glad I got mine a while back. IMO this will cause a drop in quality, its pretty much to be expected when a small shop gets bought out by a big corporation.

When Freedom Group bought out DPMS, I'm pretty sure the quality of their products went up. Same thing when Winchester was bought out... before the buy out they were running old tooling and a lot of their rifles were out of spec. I know, I had one and it took several hundred bucks at a gunsmith to make it right.

When Freedom Group bought out DPMS, I'm pretty sure the quality of their products went up. Same thing when Winchester was bought out... before the buy out they were running old tooling and a lot of their rifles were out of spec. I know, I had one and it took several hundred bucks at a gunsmith to make it right.

How did Remingtons quality fare?

How did Remingtons quality fare?

Remingtons situation was different than Winchester. Their quality is and always has always been, at least IMO, among the best as far as mass produced firearms go.

Remingtons situation was different than Winchester. Their quality is and always has always been, at least IMO, among the best as far as mass produced firearms go.

I have seen a overall decline in the quality of Remingtons products since the buyout. I still love them, but I will never buy one sight unseen again.

A saying comes to mind:

Admit nothing
Deny everything
Make counter-accusations

I will ponder that as I eat my rouge herring for dinner.

I would venture to say that anyone that is in the know of this merger wouldn't be able to discuss it if it were to occur. I can see what Colt sees in LWRC by looking at recent overseas sales of the 6.8mm to some Middle Eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia. I am sure they are also interested in their gas piston technology too.

"There’s been much renewed interest in the Remington 6.8 mm SPC since LWRC sold 30,000 guns to Saudi Arabia."