• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lwrc Spr 50gr load

Climate17

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2011
I'm having some trouble with light bullets in my Lwrc spr. I'm trying to make a 50gr zmax shoot well with crf223 powder and it's not going so hot. At 25 I looks good (everything looks good at 25) at 100 it's like 4". That's with a minimum charge. The paper is punched cleanly so I know the bullets are still intact. Any thoughts?

Spr barrel is 16" gas piston with 1-7 twist

I would try some 62 or 69 grainers in a 7 twist first then if those work try the SMK 52 gr with 25 gr of varget, that is my 200 yds rapid fire NRA match load and a tack driver in my colt 1:7 barrel.

Yeah I understand 50 is light but I have a ton of it and I was hoping someone had some luck in a 1-7. I was thinking that I might need to ramp up the powder. Kinda hoping to find a shortcut.

I have had terrible luck with 55gr and lighter bullets in my LWRC barrels. So bad that there were laughs on the firing line one time I was trying to zero at 100yds with 55gr Lake City ammo.

These same uppers are my best shooting AR-15s once I switch to 77gr SMKs (and 69gr although I rarely use them). I am super happy with the LWRC uppers, although I only feed them heavy for caliber rounds these days.

Its times like this you can justify another rifle purchase right?! Wouldn't hurt to have another one around in 1:9 twist.... Just saying' :cool: