• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision LWTS vs UTM

Even the non UTM-x models? I wasn't aware of that... TIL
Correct. The original UTM from 2010 is 640px, but 30Hz vs the X at 60Hz.

Both UTMs are 640px and 17um pitch. BAE never put the 12um core into either the SkeetX or any UTM, only the UTC-Xii has the 12um core (the UTC-X has the 17um core in the SkeetX and UTM-X).

Reactions: BurtG
Correct. The original UTM from 2010 is 640px, but 30Hz vs the X at 60Hz.

Both UTMs are 640px and 17um pitch. BAE never put the 12um core into either the SkeetX or any UTM, only the UTC-Xii has the 12um core (the UTC-X has the 17um core in the SkeetX and UTM-X).
While I have you, I've been searching for a decent unit that can be handheld or used as a clip-on.

Does the UTM have the ability to shift the image so you can adjust POI whenever it's in front of your day optic?

Reactions: TheHorta
While I have you, I've been searching for a decent unit that can be handheld or used as a clip-on.

Does the UTM have the ability to shift the image so you can adjust POI whenever it's in front of your day optic?
Well… the post 2013 UTM-X’s have an improved eyepiece that works great for MOA or better POI in front of any optic. The old UTMs don’t do nearly as well, although I had one that was pretty good back in 2013/2014.

I should also add… post 2014 UTM-X’s have TracIR. UTM’s do not.

Reactions: BurtG
Hey Taisenki -

I have an early UTM that I would be willing to part with if you are interested. It is a very clean unit. It also comes with the Wilcox flip mount. You can DM me if you are interested and I can send you whatever info you would like.

Rick