• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

m14 , civilian sales ?

rojo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2009
hi , I was recently told that the cmp sold semi auto 14 thru the cmp in the pre 1968 gun control act , these were former military m14 with the selector switch welded for competition, similar to the M1 Nm rifles is true?

and how many were sold

hi , I was recently told that the cmp sold semi auto 14 thru the cmp in the pre 1968 gun control act , these were former military m14 with the selector switch welded for competition, similar to the M1 Nm rifles is true?

and how many were sold

No. The CMP used to be known as DCM, Director of Civilian Marksmanship, IIRC. DCM clubs had some deactivated M14s but the majority of the rifles provided were M1 Garands. The club would give you a rifle and ammo to use at competitions. When the DCM ended I believe the rifles had to be returned to some flavor of .gov

There is a site that is full of great info yet one bad 'Super Moderator" on a power trip.

You have been banned for the following reason: ROE #7, Trolling Posting controversial topics with the intent of, or anticipated result of, baiting other users into an emotional response will not be tolerated. Do not disrupt normal, on-topic discussion.. Your ban will be lifted on Apr 30, 2031 at 10:00 PM.

You should take those questions here:

Last edited:
Let’s put this too bed right here, the Army did loan NM M14’s too State Associated Shooting clubs. You had to meet there criteria and have a secure lockable place to store it. These rifles were loaned to the shooter via the State and were subject to recall by the Army at anytime for any reason.

I used one for a few years until GWOT really ramped up and I had to turn mine in, I assume it was rebuilt into some Crazy Horse abomination or ERB.

There is a site that is full of great info yet one bad 'Super Moderator" on a power trip.

You have been banned for the following reason: ROE #7, Trolling Posting controversial topics with the intent of, or anticipated result of, baiting other users into an emotional response will not be tolerated. Do not disrupt normal, on-topic discussion.. Your ban will be lifted on Apr 30, 2031 at 10:00 PM.

You should take those questions here:

Op here is a little less heavy handed site.

http://www.jouster2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-M1-Garand-M14-M1A

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
There were M14s turned into semi auto competition rifles. They had to have some sort of weld meant I think in the receiver.

CMP did sell almodt complete parts kits 8-10 years ago. They were of course without receiver and I think bolts.

I think Phil McGrath nails it.

My State Police Academy used M14s for drill. The Army took them back after my class and they ended up as DMRs or spare parts.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton