• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing M16 XTR installs...

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    I recently purchased some NOS (New Old Stock) RH_M700 LA bolts with the 338 Lapua Magnum bolt face. These came with an M16xtr as an OEM standard.

Bushing a bolt nose to a different case diameter, especially how we do it, isn't the easiest thing to accomplish as it requires an elevated amount of fuss in the setup to ensure your finish work blends well with the existing extractor pocket. I've done this on a "fat finger" basis just because we don't see it too often. (meaning I just bully my way through the CNC setup code to get what I'm after) Now that I have a box full of bolts to sell, it compels me to sit down and dedicate a program to it.

Long story short, if you have one of these and wondered about changing the cartridge to something more suited for the M700, it's now a practical option.

Happy to help.

Threaded bolt nose bushing blanks:

1663607740919.png

Extractors:

1663607774101.png

Bolt nose after bushing fitup: The "fungus" in the striker pin hole is just some solder that I haven't cleaned out yet.

1663607823963.png

Last edited: