• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes M1A + ARMS #18 + ARMS #22 QD = Which ring height?

sstower1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Florida, Orlando
Hey Guys, I am outfitting my M1a with glass. I have an arms #18 (full rail) on the way as well as an SS 10X42 mil/mil, and I was wondering if anyone else has been this route. I will most likely be purchasing the arms #22qd rings and was hoping somebody could share some knowledge about which ring height will bring the SS10x42 the lowest without hitting the rear sight aperture? Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this topic has been covered.

Re: M1A + ARMS #18 + ARMS #22 QD = Which ring height?

I used the med. with a 3X9 SUper Sniper and I could have gone with the low. This issue is clearing the rear sight. I may change it out yet.

Thanks for the reply! Is the ocular bell the same diameter on the 10x42 as it is on the 3-9x?

do you have the standard M1A stock? Or do you have a cheek riser or pad?

Nobody else has the set-up Im asking about? I guess Im pioneering?
cool.gif

Here is what someone on another forum said....

((((((( Phil_in_Seattle [Team Member]
9/23/2004 7:29:20 PM
With the ARMS #18 and the Tasco/SWFA Super Sniper 10x42, the ARMS #22 low are good to go.

Pictures to illustrate the clearances are coming up. ))))))))

If I end up getting the low ARMS#22 qd rings I will post the results, If this set up will not clear the rear sight please stop me now.