• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A red dot Hasco mount

brianf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NY
was clicking around and bumped into the Hasco mount for M1A's

apparently, it fits right in the rear sight and you can put a small reflex/ red dot in there

found 1-2 videos on youtube, looking for any personal use reviews etc

also wondering if its better or worse than mounting an aimpoint upfront

thanks

was clicking around and bumped into the Hasco mount for M1A's

apparently, it fits right in the rear sight and you can put a small reflex/ red dot in there

found 1-2 videos on youtube, looking for any personal use reviews etc

also wondering if its better or worse than mounting an aimpoint upfront

thanks
Never had an issue with this setup. Are you building a hog gun ?
IMG_7713.JPG

Never had an issue with this setup. Are you building a hog gun ?View attachment 8113374
nothing yet but with all the dumb laws in NYS a M1A is about the "best" semi auto you can have..no need to get into why just believe me lol

but in function more of a hog gun in distance

i was actually clicking around for M1C information as i just bought a MC-52 (marine corps M1C) and the hasco popped up

looked like a pretty cool idea while keeping the original lines of the M1A

would only be shooting 150 and under etc

nothing yet but with all the dumb laws in NYS a M1A is about the "best" semi auto you can have..no need to get into why just believe me lol

but in function more of a hog gun in distance

i was actually clicking around for M1C information as i just bought a MC-52 (marine corps M1C) and the hasco popped up

looked like a pretty cool idea while keeping the original lines of the M1A

would only be shooting 150 and under etc
I agree about no need to get into "why" ? We on the same page.

Reactions: brianf and KYAggie
I’m in Illinois now, at least for a few years, and I hear ya. I think the recent decree from King Prick eliminates even M1A’s, I’ll have to check, but Garands are still ok. Hard to beat a M1 with a scout scope or red dot.

here the core issue is

if you have a pistol grip you cannot have a detachable mag

no pistol grip and you can have a detachable mag

then the other stuff/accessories come into play

M1A was designed without a pistol grip (not that it matters but it does) so its not like your missing out as you do on a AR platform

plus its made to run 308/762

large frame AR's are a pain in the ass at times, and i dont want to play with gas blocks and crap like that

i saw the little red dot on the back and it sparked my interest

Reactions: KYAggie
here the core issue is

if you have a pistol grip you cannot have a detachable mag

no pistol grip and you can have a detachable mag

then the other stuff/accessories come into play

M1A was designed without a pistol grip (not that it matters but it does) so its not like your missing out as you do on a AR platform

plus its made to run 308/762

large frame AR's are a pain in the ass at times, and i dont want to play with gas blocks and crap like that

i saw the little red dot on the back and it sparked my interest
Just remember ARs are A LOT easier to accurize and less a pain (imho), but in NY I understand stand that may not be an option.

My M1A (yes I'm a fan boy) ended up with a basset mount and I've toyed with a red dot, but I tend to shoot longer and eyes are getting old.

A lot of the mounts also really screw with the cheek weld just FYI.

Just remember ARs are A LOT easier to accurize and less a pain (imho), but in NY I understand stand that may not be an option.

My M1A (yes I'm a fan boy) ended up with a basset mount and I've toyed with a red dot, but I tend to shoot longer and eyes are getting old.

A lot of the mounts also really screw with the cheek weld just FYI.
Surprisingly I don’t mind a M1A shooting 2 moa.

Usually I hate inaccurate rifles but a “wood” semi auto is different to me for some stupid reason

While I like the M1A rifles they are not the best choice of a semi auto .308 rifle to put optics on. Put your M1A back in the safe and buy an FAL. You can get a real FN rifle or get one built by Arizona Response or DSA and have a better rifle with better optics mounting options.

While I like the M1A rifles they are not the best choice of a semi auto .308 rifle to put optics on. Put your M1A back in the safe and buy an FAL. You can get a real FN rifle or get one built by Arizona Response or DSA and have a better rifle with better optics mounting options.
I looove FAL’s.

Might still have one that didn’t fall in the ocean

In NYS you need a different top cover that takes stripper clips. Total abortion.

That’s why the M1A is making a come back up here. You can keep it close to original

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I looove FAL’s.

Might still have one that didn’t fall in the ocean

In NYS you need a different top cover that takes stripper clips. Total abortion.

That’s why the M1A is making a come back up here. You can keep it close to original
I have several FALs with different mounts on them. I prefer the Belgian mount that uses the STANAG scopes. DSA sells a pic mount that replaces the top cover. The German STG rifles also had a pic adapter for the STANAG mount. Swarovski made a number of higher power scopes with STANAG mounting tabs. Some of the very early Belgian mounts used a strap system so any scope could be used on them. One of my favorites is an offset Belgian strap mount that I put a Swarovski ZF scope in.

I have several FALs with different mounts on them. I prefer the Belgian mount that uses the STANAG scopes. DSA sells a pic mount that replaces the top cover. The German STG rifles also had a pic adapter for the STANG mount. Swarovski made a number of higher power scopes with STANAG mounting tabs. Some of the very early Belgian mounts used a strap system so any scope could be used on them. One of my favorites is an offset Belgian strap mount that I put a Swarovski ZF scope in.
ill check a few of those out, never really investigated all the intricacies of the fal

I have several FALs with different mounts on them. I prefer the Belgian mount that uses the STANAG scopes. DSA sells a pic mount that replaces the top cover. The German STG rifles also had a pic adapter for the STANAG mount. Swarovski made a number of higher power scopes with STANAG mounting tabs. Some of the very early Belgian mounts used a strap system so any scope could be used on them. One of my favorites is an offset Belgian strap mount that I put a Swarovski ZF scope in.
Agreed on this
408ED9F6-101C-4306-A9C2-FD42429C81E5.jpeg