• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M2008 available again and a few other.....

sideshowbob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2007
in, USA
So I discovered that the Badger Ordnance M2008 action is available again. I picked up another one. They are really nice.

When I called, the person who answered the phone could not immediately take down my information, so he proceeded to tell me about the action. He told me some really interesting stuff.

During test, he said they did a lot of things to try and blow up the gun. Fortunately they were not able to. Some of the things that they tried:

fill a 308 cartridge to max capacity with pistol powder
lodge a bullet in the barrel and fired a round behind it.

The action survived really well.

Re: M2008 available again and a few other.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sideshowbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I discovered that the Badger Ordnance M2008 action is available again. I picked up another one. They are really nice.

When I called, the person who answered the phone could not immediately take down my information, so he proceeded to tell me about the action. He told me some really interesting stuff.

During test, he said they did a lot of things to try and blow up the gun. Fortunately they were not able to. Some of the things that they tried:

fill a 308 cartridge to max capacity with pistol powder
lodge a bullet in the barrel and fired a round behind it.

The action survived really well. </div></div>

That is insane.

it also looks like magnum short actions are out

a badger actioned 7wsm in an Aics would be sick

Now all I have to do is make up my mind!!!!!

Yes, as of yesterday, they are in stock.

The dude I spoke with said they only make them when they have nothing else to do. Judging by demand for their product, I don't think this happens very often. He also said that it took them about 3 months to sell their first run of standard actions (about 100).

Price of SA Mag actions?

I think they only had about 3-5 of the standard (308 boltface) short actions when I called. Not sure on the number of Long action magnum and short action magnums they had.

Still, they had quite a few that were "claimed", but I'm guessing not paid for. If it's anything like last time, a few people will back out and those actions will become available.

Also, Marty let me in on a secret! Mwahahaha!!!
laugh.gif

SON-OF-A-BITCH.....

I'm tapped for cash right now... I love my 2008, so much so that I want to swap my other Remmy action to a BO.

Maybe it's time to off load one of these AR's I never shoot.....
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price of SA Mag actions? </div></div>

995 shipped is what I was quoted. snagged a short action standard

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SON-OF-A-BITCH.....

I'm tapped for cash right now... I love my 2008, so much so that I want to swap my other Remmy action to a BO.

Maybe it's time to off load one of these AR's I never shoot.....
confused.gif
</div></div>

Exactly what I was thinking. Who all is making stocks inleted for these?

AI's thumbhole doesn't fit me..... wonder if McCree will start a new project.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
AI's thumbhole doesn't fit me..... wonder if McCree will start a new project.......</div></div>

I bet if you sent him an action he would build a stock...
laugh.gif

DD

Manners does an inlet for the M2008. Marty told me this.

Soured on Manners.... I think McCree will be the saving grace.

Who wants an AR, AR's here, who wants an AR?

LOL, I went to Manners because I got soured on McMillan!

I need a new hobby.

Watch out JRose or he might sour on you LOL
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I went to Manners because I got soured on McMillan!

I need a new hobby. </div></div>

LOL Does someone need a hug?
grin.gif
Your running out of options. Better hope McCree works out or next thing you know you'll be shootin an Ultimate Sniper!!
laugh.gif

Home made? I sure hope they'll still a standard left for me to claim in the mornin when they open up?!?!

I'm unsure if Mcrees is going to have anything anytime soon as they are getting ready to move and they have been tring to get there std stocks [rem, lawton, etc...] stock pilled up so that they can move without losing business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a sourpuss.... LOL </div></div>

You have no idea, ask him how he feels about patina.

I hope they have some LA with the Win.Mag bolt face.
I would love to build a 300 win off of one.

L.

Does anybody know how much work is involved in fitting one of these in a mcmillan stock that is inletted for a SA700? Thanks

McMillan has an A5 ready to go, or at least they have one listed on there specials section right now.

Hope this helps some one out.

Oneshot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McMillan has an A5 ready to go, or at least they have one listed on there specials section right now.

Oneshot </div></div>

Saw that one on their site. I have an A4 sitting here I'd like to use. From the looks of it, it looks like the double recoil lugs would have to be cut into the stock and rebedded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McMillan has an A5 ready to go, or at least they have one listed on there specials section right now.

Oneshot </div></div>

Dang, I think I'd rather have this, than two AICS equipped Badgers. Anyone looking for a AICS 2.0? Now I wonder if the M4 bottom metal would work with the badger... hmmm...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McMillan has an A5 ready to go, or at least they have one listed on there specials section right now.

Oneshot </div></div>

Dang, I think I'd rather have this, than two AICS equipped Badgers. Anyone looking for a AICS 2.0? Now I wonder if the M4 bottom metal would work with the badger... hmmm... </div></div>

I would be 99.999% sure the BO M4 bottom metal would work w/ the Badger action. I know guys run the M5 which is the DBM

I've got the M5 bottom metal on my rifle. Love it, can use AICS and AW mags with it too...

How is the machine work? Tolerances?

Its made to work with the Badger DBM and with the AW mags.From my understanding Mcmillan has the rear tang area or something similar built up to make the action sit right.

I can back up all my pissy attitude with pics of the stocks... the ones I still have at least.

Seems when the wrong companies are called out, people get in trouble......... wierd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can back up all my pissy attitude with pics of the stocks... the ones I still have at least.

Seems when the wrong companies are called out, people get in trouble......... wierd.
</div></div>

I'm in the same boat as you. My hands are too large to fit the AICS comfortably so I'm sticking with my A4 and have it fitted to the badger action when it comes in.

Oh, my wondering about the M4 bottom metal is because it's just a hinged floorplate. I'm not entirely certain that the badger has feedlips built into the action for use with a standard 700 internal magazine box. It could have been designed to work only from a detachable magazine. I should have asked Marty.

Damn!! This is going to be difficult to put off until next year! If I get the action I doubt I'll be able to let it sit in the safe until next year for working up a budget for the other parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can back up all my pissy attitude with pics of the stocks... the ones I still have at least.

</div></div>

Who said anything about being in trouble? I just found it funny that companies keep getting you soured.

Now that you mention it what were the problems with McMillan and Manners? Did they not offer to fix them? Pics would be cool.

hey guy I<need some help, have a.300 700rem cdl its not a .50moa all the time.Has factory barrel type should I spend the money to purchase match barrell and mac or h.s. stock and blue print.......or keep it as a perfect hunting rifle...or purchase a 5r mil spec 700 rem...your input would help me decide.thanks in advance

Damn you guys are costing me some money!! LOL. Just talked to Marty and bought my M2008 SA. We'll see how long I can hold off on ordering another stock, barrel, dbm and scope for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Soured on Manners.... I think McCree will be the saving grace </div></div> Hi, Had not heard that there was a issue, please give us a buzz and we will get you taken care of asap. All of our stocks have a 100% guarantee.
Thank you very much Thomas Manners

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can back up all my pissy attitude with pics of the stocks... the ones I still have at least.

</div></div>

Who said anything about being in trouble? I just found it funny that companies keep getting you soured.

Now that you mention it what were the problems with McMillan and Manners? Did they not offer to fix them? Pics would be cool. </div></div>

Didn't mean for it to sound like you were threatening trouble in this thread. Was referring to past cases.

I will pm you some pics when i'm at a regular computer.

We have an A5 stock specifically for the Badger 2008.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have an A5 stock specifically for the Badger 2008. </div></div>

You should make an A3-5 for it too.....please!!
smile.gif