• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing M24 clone marking

trilogymac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2007
TX
Who can weld up the "model 700" and properly mark an M24 clone including the US?

Thanks.
Trilogymac

Re: M24 clone marking

Check out the 'M24 Build Thread'.

I know someone here can do it. I too would like that done but I'm looking for a quailty job not some half a_s hack

arma hit it, check the "m24 build thread" it is discussed in there, remember true M24's only said "M24" on them prior to 1998 i believe, not exactly sure on year but current ones only say "US", so which version were you wanting, both are correct for the M24

here's mine, you can kinda see the "US" above the serial number, this is the easiest way to have it done and be correct cause no one has to do some butchery to the model 700 stamp by welding, grinding, filling, re-stamping. Just my opinion though

007.jpg

funny story about when mine was built by GAP.......

the build was nearly complete and i stopped by their shop one day, It had the "US" stamped on it and no "Model 700 M24" so i asked about it and George said their engraver died, so I thought well I can wait and have it done later and maybe they will have gotten a new engraver tool by then. well they call when the rifle was ready a week or so later and I went to pick it up. It wasnt stamped stillso I asked "guess you havent gotten another engraver, when do you think you'll get one?" well george looks at me kinda puzzled like and says "HE died" and something to effect of he doesnt think they will be picking up one!

HAHAHA I thought he meant a machine device went tits up, not the guy they had do their engraving and stamping died.......

I don't know what the current ones are, but older ones are marked "MODEL 700 M24" all centered under the Remington. To make the markings correct on a clone, you would have to have the "model 700" filled, then reengrave "model 700 M24". Iron Brigade Armory used to advertise "correct" M24 markings, I don't know what they meant by that and I don't see it advertised on their site anymore. It might be worth a phone call here's their site Iron Brigade Armory

I was wrong. It is Texas Brigade Armory Texas Brigade armory