• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M24 SWS Clones and Collections - let see them.

ilikebmxbikes

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2012
Not enough M24 action going on lately. Lets see those M24 SWS kits.

Few photos of my collection. Looking to build and outfit a late version m24 later this year.

Attachments

• IMG_8290.jpeg
    IMG_8290.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 1,524
  • IMG_8325.jpeg
    IMG_8325.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,847

Attachments

• M24R w Deployment items1.jpg
    M24R w Deployment items1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:
Nice M24 collection, I like your old school on-piece rails and all those M3 dials(!). Very nice Mk13 Mod 0 too.

Here's the thread you want to read, its over 500 posts thus far: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/army-m24-build-thread.6252616/#post-6252616

(Attached is my M24R project)
Thank you! that will be tonights reading. Your rifle looks beautiful. You got an awesome example and I love that you have two optics so you can fill the optics case.

What goes in the small circle in the optics case, next to the red filter thread protector?

Reactions: lockedandloaded
What goes in the small circle in the optics case, next to the red filter thread protector?

Not sure what specifically goes in that hole, but its probably for a small bottle of lens cleaning solution (Isopropyl Alcohol). I put the rear sight 'disk' aperture in there instead, as it otherwise deforms the foam somewhat if I leave it on the sight. Normally the red thread protector is attached, but removed it for the pic.

Attachments

• M24R w Deployment items2.jpg
    M24R w Deployment items2.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 329
Not sure what specifically goes in that hole, but its probably for a small bottle of lens cleaning solution (Isopropyl Alcohol). I put the rear sight 'disk' aperture in there instead, as it otherwise deforms the foam somewhat if I leave it on the sight. Normally the red thread protector is attached, but removed it for the pic.

good to know. was a bit curious about that pocket. I have seen people put flash hiders in there, but assuming the flashhider was designed to be used, it doesnt make sense to put that in with the optics case as it should sort of be a sterile box.

I read through the other m24 thread. Seems like a lot of good information got lost when the platform shifted over.

Are you still looking for any m24 parts? I need to find a magazine follower.

A lot of the M24 parts are standard Remington 700 parts:

I even found the chamber brush missing from one of my deployment kits:

Dave

A lot of the M24 parts are standard Remington 700 parts:

I even found the chamber brush missing from one of my deployment kits:

Dave
I need the special coated one.

I need the special coated one.

Well, my 2009 dated M24 spare parts kit has a bag with #34 written on it, and in it are 2 mag followers, one has '34' written on it with a marker (see attached). (34 is the number associated with mag follower in TM 9-1005-306-10). I have two mag springs as well. If you really need it, send me a PM and we'll talk...

Attachments

• M24_followers.jpg
    M24_followers.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 258
Reactions: sandwarrior
For anyone in this post or that will be reading this post, if you are in need of a 20 MOA MARS rail for your M24a2 rifle please reach out to me. I was able to purchase the last remaining inventory that exist and am willing to part with a few of them. All of the rifles in the posts above are awesome! Not trying to step on the thread, just trying to help out the guys that may need parts for their rifles.

Here are pictures of three of the M24 SWS Complete System kits that Remington sold. These came with Hardigg cases, day optics case, and deployment kits. I forgot to include the soft cases in the pictures.

I included pictures of some of the interesting markings on the Hardigg cases.

System 1:

etLEFv4.jpg

ZACBs3d.jpg

tbe3hFV.jpg

FEXrH11.jpg

Jcw2cDB.jpg

beautiful stuff. that take off stock is really nice. You need some redfields to go with all your RPA's. Any plans to turn that stock into a rifle?

beautiful stuff. that take off stock is really nice. You need some redfields to go with all your RPA's. Any plans to turn that stock into a rifle?

Ha, I've been working on another rifle for that stock! It was too nice a paint job to let pass. I would like to set one up with the Redfields. I have the correct front sight and base somewhere.

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
ima be ebaying some of my m24 stuff. downsizing it a little. going to focus more on my mk13's. let me know if you are looking for anything specific.

Here are a few other things I noticed and had posted on another M24 rebuild discussion previously:

It appears that Remington Defense assembled the "Complete System" rifles with the earliest serial numbered receivers. I've seen the Complete Systems with serial numbers in the following ranges:

G714xxxx
G715xxxx
RRxxxxxA
RRxxxxxB

The majority of the M24R's seem to have the RR prefix followed by 5 numbers then a letter. I haven't observed more than about 15 or 20 G prefix rifles.

The other variants (rifle only, rifle plus bi-pod, rifle plus optics, etc.) seem to have later RR prefix receivers:

RRxxxxxE
RRxxxxxF
RRxxxxxG
RRxxxxxH

The receivers up through RRxxxxxE do not have QR code on the receiver. Those appear to start in the RRxxxxxF range. The RRxxxxxF serials receivers have a noticeably larger QR code than the later receivers. The G-H receivers have a smaller QR code.

At about the same time that the QR code started, the barrel markings changed too. The earlier barrels were marked 7.62 NATO on the left side. Starting with the RRxxxxxF rifles that I have observed, the barrels were were marked REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY ILION, NY 7.62 NATO. On the RRxxxxxF barrels this address was also larger than on later barrels.

I don't know whether to put some of the things with the M24 or the M110 deployment kit. I decided to put the TIS slings with the M110. The green HSRC's go with the M24 stuff and the khaki/coyote go with the M110. The line was not so fine in reality.

Where do the ASA models that Euro Optics sell fit into the discussion? They seem to have a ASA prefix serial number with a QR code. I can't seem to find any actual concurrence if these were assembled as the M24R's by the Remington Defense team or if they are glorified M700's from the standard Rem line.

Where do the ASA models that Euro Optics sell fit into the discussion? They seem to have a ASA prefix serial number with a QR code. I can't seem to find any actual concurrence if these were assembled as the M24R's by the Remington Defense team or if they are glorified M700's from the standard Rem line.
asa1987 is a special edition - a limited run of 500 m24 rifles that are essentially RR prefix lowers but with the special prefix. They are 100% made by remington defense.

Reactions: superdave269

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.57.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.57.59 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 252
Thanks, I tracked down each item individually over a more than a few years. Watching the Top Sniper competitions from Ft Benning on TV got me hooked and making a hybrid like some of the rifles seen in the International Sniper Competition. The DBM is a quick swap if I want to shoot the rifle in something that requires Mag changes.

i tried to get it as close as possible, even though the barrel is a Krieger, it’s a 5R, 1-11.25 and the trigger is a legit M24 trigger as well.

Last edited:
Not enough M24 action going on lately. Lets see those M24 SWS kits.

Few photos of my collection. Looking to build and outfit a late version m24 later this year.

Just had a closer look at your first post, awesome collection of goodies. And love the Mk13 Mod 0 as well, I’m with you on that.

very nice!

Trying my hardest to find a correct clone scope. I would only encounter them after the sale to another party goes through. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Nice pics (and camo jobs) and those are nice groups too with your M24, thanks for posting.

Dropped my clone into a KRG Bravo. Trying to rationalize putting it back into th HSPrecision....

I am more of an M40 guy I don’t have an M24 rifle but I do have this kit with spotting scope, tripod filters etc. It was issued with the M24. I picked it up with some M40 items from an estate. View attachment 7394135View attachment 7394134View attachment 7394133

If I'd known these were worth anything I'd have snagged a few... I can't recall who has 'em now but they're sitting in one of the surplus stores I frequent... You'd be surprised at what you can get outside the gates of an infantry post. They were cheap too. But I actually needed a spotter, for cheap, wound up with a USO observation scope --which, interestingly, would be one of the USMC correct items I suppose!

If I run across M24 shit I'll grab it for you guys and pass it on. If I get it'll likely be their junk, your treasure, usually find good prices.