• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M4 feedramps or no?

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
I've been looking around and came upon this pic>

feedramps2.jpg

Is the barrel extension part of the barrel or can these be swapped out?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: M4 feedramps or no?

While technically not part of the barrel it isn't a part you can just swap out. The gas port is drilled after installation of the barrel extension so that everything lines up.

Anything is possible but I'm not aware of anyone that is willing to do extension swaps.

Gotcha. I've built several lowers but never and upper. I'm considering swapping my barrel out. I need to check my feed ramps.

Thanks,

Paul

If your looking into AR15 barrels.com take a look at their feedback before placing an order.

Check Rainier for barrels. There is no reason to worry about switching the extension when you can simply buy the whole barrel without messing it up trying to re-work what you have. Look at your upper and see if you have a rifle or M4 upper. Once you know that you can buy a barrel. Most of the uppers I have seen have the M4 feedramps. Let us know what you decide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your looking into AR15 barrels.com take a look at their feedback before placing an order. </div></div>

I wasn't. I saw the pic in someone's for sale ad. I was looking at White Oak and Compass Lake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check Rainier for barrels. There is no reason to worry about switching the extension when you can simply buy the whole barrel without messing it up trying to re-work what you have. Look at your upper and see if you have a rifle or M4 upper. Once you know that you can buy a barrel. Most of the uppers I have seen have the M4 feedramps. Let us know what you decide. </div></div>

I'll check Rainier.

I just didn't know if they could be swapped. I'll get what it needs. Thanks for the help guys.

Paul