• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 accessories

Samuel

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2012
TN
I need two things for my M40A1.
Lens caps that will fit the Unertl 10X (prefer clear flip-ups)and,
a bubble level that attaches with out drilling or damaging the rifle.
Can anyone tell me where to obtain these items?

Re: M40A1 accessories

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try and find a US optics level. They mount to the scope rail. </div></div>

There's no rail to mount to. You're stuck using a scope mounted unit and remember there isn't much room and it's a 1" tube instead of the popular 30mm units.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try and find a US optics level. They mount to the scope rail. </div></div>

There's no rail to mount to. You're stuck using a scope mounted unit and remember there isn't much room and it's a 1" tube instead of the popular 30mm units. </div></div>

Yeah sorry. Had a brain fart this morning!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try and find a US optics level. They mount to the scope rail. </div></div>

Depends on what base you have. The U.S. Optics level will not fit a NightForce base, at least not mine. Have a 40 MOA base from NF that I just got in the mail. Tried to put the USO level on it. The USO level is to wide to clamp onto the NF base.

Thanks, the Vortex is on the way. You all are the best.

butler crek caps work pretty well.

dont remember sizes at moment, but I had to file down the bottom a bit.

good luck,
DT