• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"M40A1" build vs quarter

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
BC, Canada
So awhile back I decided that I would see how hard it would be to hit a quarter at 200 yards with the "M40A1" build.

Remington M40A1.jpg

MST100.jpg

Well let me say that with a straight 10x scope... it is not very easy to spot that quarter! :D It's funny, with my other precision rifle with it's 24x scope I would have no real issue spotting it.

Surprisingly though it only took me two shots to hit it. The first shot went just off to the right edge of the quarter. The next shot pretty much hit it square on.

I happened to catch the shot on video even.

200 yard quarter shot.jpg

I then decided I need to try something else with the quarter. I took one of my bullets and epoxied it into the quarter for a sort of momento.

quarter 4.jpg

quarter 2.jpg

Ha nice work. My initial thought was, easy peezy. The I looked at pic showing board at 200 with 10x zoom and thought oh shit here it comes, 20 rnds later!

That slow mo was super cool also. The hole appeared right before it flipped away. Cool stuff.

and thanks for shooting canuk $$$ haha.

Cool rifle,
DT

Reactions: Stevo86
Ha nice work. My initial thought was, easy peezy. The I looked at pic showing board at 200 with 10x zoom and thought oh shit here it comes, 20 rnds later!

I thought it would be easy too and then was ready to eat some humble pie.

Using a Canadian quarter was probably easier. :D Nice looking rifle. Many years ago, I bought a Glen Nelson built Supermatch M1A from a former AMU coach I used to shoot with. He used to shoot at peanut jar lids at 2 and 300 yds all the time with it. Tough to hit with irons, but he could do it every time.

Using a Canadian quarter was probably easier. :D Nice looking rifle. Many years ago, I bought a Glen Nelson built Supermatch M1A from a former AMU coach I used to shoot with. He used to shoot at peanut jar lids at 2 and 300 yds all the time with it. Tough to hit with irons, but he could do it every time.
A Canadian quarter is really a dime... much harder to hit!

OP... well done! Very well done! And love the mount you made!

Great thread!

Cheers, Sirhr

i ike threads like this where its fully informed and complete from beginning to end. Well done !