• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

m40a1resale

tjrumseyjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
N.Y.S.
hey guys i have a question,my cousin is active duty usmc. stationed at Legune he knows someone in his armory that sold him the standard issued m40a1. I was wondering if the units there sell rifles they nolonger want in service.

Re: m40a1resale

That is a big no. The USMC uses everything until it can't be used anymore. The Corps does not usually surplus anything to the public. If it is truly an M40a1 then the armorer will have some splainin to do since he is signed for it. NCIS will have a few questions for him also.

Long story short,talked to my buddy at DERMO in Albany to see if he could give me info on the Unertls and he said they are guarding them like gold turds.It seems that they are all being given to the Iraq Gov. along with the M40A1's from the school houses and some of the aging M40A3.The scopes were supposed to be donated to the SS Assoc. and to be resold for $800,that is what the Corps payed for them.Thats the scuttlebutt running around!!!

As for buying a whole rifle,tell him to run as far and fast away from that deal or he will be wearing cloths with stripes on them.

Maybe the guy built a rifle up that was "like"
a standard issue M40a1 and sold him that? Either way, someone is either in trouble for theft, or misrepresenting the product.

well guys thanks for the info, unfortunately he is home on leave right now but i will see him next weekend and tell him about what he may have.I only hope the guy built a clone my cousin is a good kid and doesnt need that kind of trouble.