• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40rifle.com gone?

I have a couple of more primitive solutions, I have two stock packs that are just Velcro straps with a pouch for adding foam even some with a convex cutout contour and I can use foam and tape if needed.
The stock is actually pretty comfortable from a bench but prone and some positions off hand starts to show it's ass if I'm not on the money with head position.
I'm still a bit a noob though in my opinion but surprise myself occasionaly.

Yeah my bad I thought you were commenting on Lowlights early pic with an A1 showing.

An A3 isnt really a candidate for Triad Pack. Sleeping mat and 90 mile per hour tape are your friend.

Yeah my bad I thought you were commenting on Lowlights early pic with an A1 showing.

An A3 isnt really a candidate for Triad Pack. Sleeping mat and 90 mile per hour tape are your friend.

The only bad or off topic was mine and was being about half the jackass I was made to be.
The A1 is not the same rifle as mine and not a good comparison.
Mine is more along the lines of a true A5 with no refinements because a noob like me hasn't made enough refinements to get it were it should be.

20200501_130416.jpg

Reactions: sandwarrior
It's M40A5ish for certain.

Great looking rifle.

Got LRI holding parts from me to build me a M40ish rifle.......walnut stock, bipod rail for attaching an Atlas, 5 digit Remington action, A1 profile barrel, will have LRI DBM using AI mags, Barrel will be Bartlein LH gain twist, intending to run an unused S&B 5-25 PMII.......it defies logic but should be a freak.

Reactions: XLR308
It's M40A5ish for certain.

Great looking rifle.

Got LRI holding parts from me to build me a M40ish rifle.......walnut stock, bipod rail for attaching an Atlas, 5 digit Remington action, A1 profile barrel, will have LRI DBM using AI mags, Barrel will be Bartlein LH gain twist, intending to run an unused S&B 5-25 PMII.......it defies logic but should be a freak.

A freak indeed that will obviously perform in the hand's of someone that knows the platform.
I would be down to pitting my M40ish M5 6.5 CM against that one.
My load with 147eldm and H4831sc running 2700fps averages about .010" when I hold my own from a bipod and rear bag but obviously can't do that all the time.
Just don't embarrass me to bad, no reservations on my end.
I will give you my best

Last edited:
Reactions: pmclaine
Ill run my "turd" 700 against your boutique action any day.

View attachment 7312916

Checking zero prior to a Sig Sauer class....

View attachment 7312918

15 rounds checking zero at start of Sig Sauer class....

View attachment 7312920

One of the excercises, two shooters partner up, ammo is placed 20-30 yards from shooters. At go shooters have to run to get ammo, at 100 yards acquire a card to shoot (card images are 1/3 size a real card), 5 shots total alternating between shooters, best hand wins.

I shot first so I had to make three shots. I shot the Aces, My partner shot the other cards (.224 holes, 8 diamond while aiming for Ace diamond and 2 Spade while aiming for Ace spade). We actually got high hand with three aces.......

View attachment 7312921

I couldnt ask that "turd" Remington to be more dependable or consistent even under a little pressure.

Its not an M40 by the way......

This is an M40 with a fake scope.....

View attachment 7312922

300 yards using a 1.4 MOA reticle hold, trying to find a consistent spot on the target frame as point of aim, 20 shots....

View attachment 7312923

This is an M40A1....

View attachment 7312926

This is a fun exercise to put your turd through at 100 yards...

4 attempts on each tag, Ill take those scores....

View attachment 7312927

This is not an M40 its in .223 caliber.....

View attachment 7312928

Typical groups for this turd....

View attachment 7312929

Note there is no HS Precision involved in any of this.....perhaps you mistake M24 for M40. There is no "FBI" involved in either M24 or M40.

47 is not a young buck, you are in your prime. Go forth and shoot well.

I love the card game, I’ve shot it twice while attending the class hosted by Ghost Firearms Training in central PA. We were playing 5 card stud so they made us back the scope to 10x so we had to memorize where a royal flush was and shoot it from memory in 30 seconds. That one I was good at and tie breakers were settled with a shoot out walking up the range.

Don’t have an M40 because I prefer the one that should have become the standard, the Pre-64 Model 70.

Attachments

• 9590815C-6895-490E-92DF-798DD23F871E.jpeg
    9590815C-6895-490E-92DF-798DD23F871E.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 083B11E3-7C9A-4F19-8E7C-35D29E262A0A.jpeg
    083B11E3-7C9A-4F19-8E7C-35D29E262A0A.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 32
The lust ends with the Unertl mounted A3 for me... after that, jus another rifle! Lol

Sorry had to throw that in there...lmao
True that, but Frank's S&B scoped M5 clone is about the window of perfection and I wish mine was set up the same but it wears the Bushnell pretty well.
But I've been wrong allready numerous times in this thread.

Last edited:
I love the card game, I’ve shot it twice while attending the class hosted by Ghost Firearms Training in central PA. We were playing 5 card stud so they made us back the scope to 10x so we had to memorize where a royal flush was and shoot it from memory in 30 seconds. That one I was good at and tie breakers were settled with a shoot out walking up the range.

Don’t have an M40 because I prefer the one that should have become the standard, the Pre-64 Model 70.

Got one in build to represent a VN, Hathcock sniper clone, plan on shooting it at Sig when it's done.

Pretty sure theres a couple dozen guys who wouldnt say remington is a turd last season...except that one dude...

Almost think we should request this Vintage section to become "Vintage/Clone" I think this section of the forum would serve those with questions on more modern service rifles better than the general bolt action section.

20191214_162031.jpg

Pretty sure theres a couple dozen guys who wouldnt say remington is a turd last season...except that one dude...

Almost think we should request this Vintage section to become "Vintage/Clone" I think this section of the forum would serve those with questions on more modern service rifles better than the general bolt action section.

View attachment 7314769

I agree. Maybe there should be a "Clone" Military sniper rifle section. Not just limited to vintage. The build guides, information and picture threads can be stickied. Alot of folks don't understand the definition of "clone ". Like when someone posts a picture of an M40A1 and it has flush cups. Nope, get out. Yes, its something that small that immediately denies it being a clone.

There was a clone military rifle section. It was in M40rifle.com.

That sound funny when I said it in my head, but now maybe not so much.

In any case, I’m sure that an M40 clone thread might suffice. It could be in this forum I’d imagine. I think it fits the intent.

In any case, I’m sure that an M40 clone thread might suffice. It could be in this forum I’d imagine. I think it fits the intent.

I think it should be for all types of clones. All M40 varients, M24, all Mk types, etc. It would make for a bigger better section.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL

I think i get thre joke lol. Tons of info there but i think 90% of the people are here also with more activity.

And im talking about opening it to all clones. M24s, older ww2 stuff, mk13s, etc. Not just the m40 series (although it is the best series 😂). Don't think we need a dedicated sub forum but mixing it with vintage would be a good combo.

Reactions: XLR308 and mcm308
I think i get thre joke lol. Tons of info there but i think 90% of the people are here also with more activity.

And im talking about opening it to all clones. M24s, older ww2 stuff, mk13s, etc. Not just the m40 series (although it is the best series 😂). Don't think we need a dedicated sub forum but mixing it with vintage would be a good combo.

I think my 6.5x47 is closer to being in the M40 clone section only because it wears a Schnieder barrel but is still just as far off as my M5 and is not period specific enough to be there.