• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors M4SD II Compensator video / suppressor comparison

HPLLC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Wales WI
www.griffinarmament.com
Built a new M4 Carbine with a DD M4RAS and Adco CMV CL barrel. That's a nice shooting little gun. I can't say I really shot the comp well as I was prepared for muzzle rise wrestling the absent forces of recoil, pulling the gun down, when I probably should have just been holding it up. You can see that with Evan's segment too- his first burst actually falls instead of rises.

The fit to the sound suppressor is very snug. The gun was grouping maybe 2" from a Manfrotto on a Hog saddle at 100 meters with the iron sights. That's pretty good for XM855 ammo and MK1 eyeballs without a rear bag IMO.

The comps are very low concussion. Shooting the comp on my 14.5" barrel sounds no different than shooting a carbine with an A2 compensator, and we've actually sound metered them and found them to be within 0.5DB of that baseline to confirm that.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZUuVCKxXPkk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZUuVCKxXPkk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
LINK TO FULL SCREEN VIDEO IN 720P

<span style="font-weight: bold">The comps are $130 MSRP, $109.95 at JoeBob Outfitters, and are available at POR reduced rates to Suppressor Promo ordering customers only.</span>

Joe Bob's Comp Ordering Page

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Joe bob link has a bunch of customer reviews. </span>

We wanted to comparison test the M4-SD II prototype against a couple other suppressors on the market. Obviously one sound meter to another, on different days, with different rifles and ammunition, the data is hard to compare, so when you have a couple products in the same place and time on the same rifle with the same ammunition, that helps.

The M4-QD SS NT-4 used in the test, and M4-SD II both have .305" bores at the front cap.

The test was performed at 24F with M855 ammunition, on a 14.5" ADCO suppressor threaded CMV CL 1/7 twist barrel.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbwStMIMxns&feature=g-upl&context=G2c1e2b8AUAAAAAAAAAA&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbwStMIMxns&feature=g-upl&context=G2c1e2b8AUAAAAAAAAAA&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: M4SD II Compensator video / suppressor comparison

BTT- added the M4-SD Compensator video and mini-review. Check out the Joebob ordering page link for a couple dozen customer reviews if you're more interested.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro8j9M0JELo&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro8j9M0JELo&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Immortal Arms posted this video running the older original model M4SD sound suppressor.

The can was already smoking when he started into the magazine so obviously he's already been shooting for a while.

Steve Aryan called today and I believe he has finished shooting video (prior to editing) for his big muzzle device comparison test to be posted on Youtube. Steve seemed to suggest that the M4SD compensator did fairly well.

He personally preferred it to the Battle Comp and KAC Triple Tap Brake which was a surprise to me because the KAC Triple Tap brake has a big fan following and its very steep price tag suggested strong potential for serious superiority. I haven't shot a TTB because for $437 they are a little rich for my blood.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Steve's/US Shooting Academy's big comparison test on Youtube. Nothing wrong with the various comparisons that exist, but to put an expert shooter and professional tactical instructor behind the gun, and structure tests in a way that make results comparable between many products using the same host weapon is so much more valuable than a couple recreational guys shooting a random video with totally different rigs.

I talked muzzle devices with Steve and it was like talking suspension tuning with a race-car driver. He was able to deliver high value feedback that quite frankly, is HARD to find.

I'll post a link to the test when I get one.

There is an older M4SD comp under there as well...does great for controlling the barrel even in FA. Griffin is doing some great stuff and I am glad to work with them. I will be doing up a video of a Griffin 338LM Beast can on an AR10 soon...performance has been excellent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Immortal Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is an older M4SD comp under there as well...does great for controlling the barrel even in FA. Griffin is doing some great stuff and I am glad to work with them. I will be doing up a video of a Griffin 338LM Beast can on an AR10 soon...performance has been excellent. </div></div>

Thanks for posting-

FYI the only difference between the M4SD II comp and the original is the inclusion of a sound suppressor stop washer (tabbed washer). We deleted the stop inside the new generation sound suppressor in favor of a system that would tolerate longer upgrade mounts, because all upgrade flash hiders are longer than A2 compensators, and most good muzzle brakes are also longer.

The tabbed washer accomplishes the same task, without limiting future compatibility with other items the customer might want, such as a better flash hider, a muzzle brake, or a longer M4SD comp designed to make a 14.5" barrel 16" legal when permanently attached.