• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M700 base with narrow middle?

sam4886

Stunt Cock
Minuteman
May 15, 2019
Eastern WA
I'm looking for a 700 scope base for a fairly unique situation with my rem 700 muzzle loader. I know I've seen the 1 piece rails with cuts above the ejection port to make more room for fingers, but I can't find them anywhere now, and my googling isn't working.

The muzzleloader uses what is basically the lower inch of a 308 case for ignition and it extracts, but doesn't eject the case so you don't lose those expensive little bastards, thus I need some room to get my fingers in and pull it out.

I'm trying to get a rail set up where I can keep my peep sight on full time and the scope part time. All the 2 piece bases I've seen don't have enough slots on them to hold a ring and my peep.

Found this finally, but I have a hard time trusting a $15 base. Anyone have any experience or input?

Get a good one piece like a NF, etc. and have extra material machined out of the middle where ever you don't want the mass. Any shop with a mill should be able to do this on the cheap.

./